Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,956 members, 7,922,372 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 05:26 AM

NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons (2648 Views)

It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick / NFF Re-appoints Samson Siasia As Coach For Super Eagles / NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons by semid4lyfe(m): 5:09pm On Feb 04, 2011
I dey vex, . . .as in seething maad and angry. Don't we ever learn in this country? angry

After Bora Milutinovic and the recent Lars Lagerback shambolic performance with the Super Eagles, why does the NFF still want to employ a foreign coach for the Super Falcons? undecided  When will we start believing in our own? Or is it because we lost in that friendly which was played under very harsh & unpleasant conditions? undecided sad

Germany (World Champions) also lost 4 nil to the USA in a friendly late last year and were also beaten by the same USA in the Final of the Algraves Cup. . .Did they sack Silvia Neid? angry

Ok, I geddit. . .our coaches are just use and dump materials and they're only good for qualifying us for major championships and not partaking in  them/leading our teams to them.

Shame on the Sports Minister - Prof Taoheed Adedoja, NFF Chairamn - Mallam Aminu Maigari, Barrister Chris Green, Jay-Jay Okocha, Onigbinde and all members of the NFF Technical Committee.

Shame on the NFF. . . .bunch of ingrates and never do-goods

Read Below:

SOURCE

TECHNICAL committee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has renewed search for a foreign technical adviser for the senior women national team, the Super Falcons.

The team is currently preparing for the Women World Cup, which kicks off in September in Germany. The technical committee, which had earlier called for the employment of foreign technical adviser for the team immediately after its triumph at the African Women Championship in South Africa, has began discussions with a European coach aiming to contract him to handle the Falcons for the Women World Cup.

A member of the technical committee told The Guardian on Monday in Abuja that the board has examined the team’s technical crew and came to the conclusion that the team cannot perform well in Germany without help.

The member, who pleaded anonymity, revealed that after watching some of the team’s training sessions, the committee became convinced that the team needed a foreign technical adviser. He added that the move was delayed because the federation had no cash to sign the coach, who has already held discussions with the chairman and few other members of the committee.

The technical committee member, who could not disclose the name and country of the proposed coach, however, assured coach Eucharia Uche would retain her job as chief coach of the team. The source said: “For Nigeria to perform without any disaster in Germany, it is obvious that the technical department of the Super Falcons must be beefed up.

“As I talk with you now, arrangements are on to recruit a sound technical adviser for the team with the approval of the NFF.”

The Guardian also learnt that Falcons’ coach, Uche, who has no written agreement to back her two years contract with the NFF, rejected the contract papers presented to her last week. Uche’s deal with the NFF ends in June this year.

A source close to the coach revealed that Uche rejected the contract presented to her because she feared that the NFF would not renew it if it ended by June because of the move for a foreign technical adviser.
Re: NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons by honeric01(m): 5:25pm On Feb 04, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin una never know wetin jam una grin grin grin grin
Re: NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons by mensdept: 5:36pm On Feb 04, 2011
When you have Alhajis running the sports ministry and politicians as members of a SOCCER Admin, and it happens for a prolonged time, this is the result. Where are our people for goodness sake? See Egypt
Re: NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons by JeSoul(f): 6:20pm On Feb 04, 2011
Kai! see as dis people just vex SemiD reach cheesy

Brother just take heart ehn . . . this na Naija abi? we would be suprised if they actually made a smart move.
Re: NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons by semid4lyfe(m): 6:48pm On Feb 04, 2011
honeric01:

grin grin grin grin grin una never know wetin jam una grin grin grin grin

Guy keep quiet or talk better jare tongue You think se na joking matter be this? Nor let me transfer my anger and vexation to you o cheesy

But on a serious note, the NFF nor try at all o. . .can you imagine this:

The member, who pleaded anonymity, revealed that after watching some of the team’s training sessions, the committee became convinced that the team needed a foreign technical adviser.

When did they watch these training sessions? Before the AWC or after cos I know the 30-players that were in camp recently were all players that did not make it to the AWC and the Germany Friendly. So they made up their minds she wasn't good enough from the screening exercise she conducted for these 30 players who are not likely to make the team to Germany? undecided shocked

Apart from that, is the committee saying someone who's a graduate of Delta State University, National Institute for Sports, attended coaching courses home & abroad, played & trained under Bonfrere Jo, Paul Hamilton and understudied many of the Female team coaches & has been involved with our female teams in one capacity or another since inception cannot train a team & is not good enough to coach the Falcons?

This woman is yet to lose a competitive match & was just appointed a FIFA Instructor 2 days ago for crying out loud and here we are demoting her. I tire for this country and it's reward system I tell you embarassed

NFF wan fall maga for Oyinbo again. . . . I pray the NFF is broke for a long time and they never find the money to employ this foreign coach tongue

Shame on the NFF and thunder fire them! cry cry
Re: NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons by honeric01(m): 7:58pm On Feb 04, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Guy keep quiet or talk better jare tongue You think se na joking matter be this? Nor let me transfer my anger and vexation to you o cheesy

But on a serious note, the NFF nor try at all o. . .can you imagine this:

boi, i go wooz ya face oo, u beta know where u go transfer ur anger to before u go land for crocodile mouth. smiley

Me don comot mind for Nigerian football since Mid 2010, so whatever they like, let dem do, eno concern me grin
Re: NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons by medjai(m): 8:23pm On Feb 04, 2011
Do these pillocks learnt at all?
Re: NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons by calddon(m): 1:01pm On Feb 05, 2011
that's another way to squeeze us dry.
Re: NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons by justokey(m): 1:12pm On Feb 05, 2011
Bunch of no-goods! For every coach they hire they have their own share of the loot. Since the appointment of Siasia has prevented from the usual, Coach Uche has to be sacrificed like Amodu. The desease in NFF prevents them from seeing beyond their noses. Selfish bunch!
Re: NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons by kross01(m): 1:54pm On Feb 05, 2011
d truth still remains that this is one of their(NFF chieftains) most viable means of siphoning cash out of the glass house as they go behind to cut deals with them coaches agents. and naturally the deals run in millions of dollars compare that with the commission they will get from uche's deal which will be some paltry sum of naira u will begin to understand why their is always a clamour for a foreign coach by NFF not even the nigerian football stakeholders
Re: NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons by howolorloh(m): 3:03pm On Feb 05, 2011
mayb u dont no d diff btw a tech adviser and an head coach
bcus i belief dere roles r diff lol
Re: NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons by seunlayi(m): 5:02pm On Feb 05, 2011
They will never learn their lesson because the interest of nigeria football is not on their mind.
Re: NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons by Afam4eva(m): 5:33pm On Feb 05, 2011
I tire for this country. Untill we throw stones at the glass house this people will not stop taking us for fools. HABA.
Re: NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons by udonna777: 7:59pm On Feb 05, 2011
weda indigenous coach or foreign coach, all I want is some that can perform well not eating our money like others, we need to sit up that is all I can say
Re: NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons by damola1: 8:49pm On Feb 05, 2011
man must wack, inspired moto no cheap these days, these guys need new houses and cars, hope they won't destroy an outstanding team in the process,
Re: NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons by tlops(m): 9:03pm On Feb 05, 2011
make dem do whatever!!!
Re: NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons by semid4lyfe(m): 11:34am On Feb 06, 2011
This piece on Uche Eucharia was written just after she was appointed the coach of the Falcons. She's been involved with our female National sides for a long time and it'd be a pity if the NFF demotes/replaces this woman who has done so much for female football in this country both as a player and a coach.

PS: She's the CAF Female Footballer of the Century, one of the only three female FIFA Instructors on the continent, first female to coach a National team in Africa and first female coach to win the AWC.

Untold Story Of Uche Eucharia

http://www.newswatchngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=618&Itemid=48

As a young girl, she did virtually what the boys did, including climbing palm trees and playing football, but she did not imagine that the latter would bring her fame and fortune

Eucharia Uche, a retired frontline player in the Super Falcons is the new head coach of the team. With her appointment which was announced by the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, Uche has entered the history books as the first Nigerian female to hold the position. She replaces Jossy Lad, the coach that led Nigeria to a not too- impressive outing at the African Women Championship, AWC, in Equatorial Guinea last November.

Nigeria, which previously won the Cup five times failed to get to the final stages of last year’s championship. The country’s women team were eliminated from the competition following their 1-0 loss in the semi-final to the host country.

Reacting to her appointment, Uche hailed the NFF board under the leadership of Sani Lulu Abdullahi for the opportunity given to her to serve her fatherland, and pledged to do her best to justify the confidence reposed in her.

“Football is my profession, and it is the profession I love with all my heart. People say coaching is a man’s job, but I do not see it that way because I am equal to the task. I can do what the men can do. Since it is the game I love so dearly, I am prepared to give my best to it.”

Uche commended the NFF for following the present popular practice in the world today where women, instead of men, are appointed as coaches of the female soccer teams. Uche said Germany had over the years been using women as its coaches for its female teams and this has yielded good results with the country winning the World Cup several times. She also argued that even in Africa, most FAs now prefer women as coach for their female football teams, noting that women footballers will naturally trust and confide more in their counterparts in charge of the team than they will in men in similar positions.

Uche also told Newswatch that she was mindful of the huge challenges that was coming with the appointment, especially, the task of helping the country regain its lost glory in female football on the continent. She pledge to give Nigeria a brand new national team that would help the country regain its pre-eminent position in African football and a team that will be respected by the rest of the world.

Towards achieving this, Uche is planning a discussion with the NFF secretariat, the technical department and other relevant arms of the organisation. “My main ambition is to build Super Falcons that will regain their position as Africa’s champions and qualify for the World Cup 2011 in Germany,” she said. First of all, she wants to raise a Super Falcons that will contest for the preliminary matches of the 2009 All Africa Games. Then she will prepare the team to regain the cup it lost to Equatorial Guinea in the AWC last November.

The new Falcons’ coach is thinking of a situation where the team will play enough quality matches to keep them in shape for the challenges ahead of them. “I do not want us to be caught unawares by some of the assignments awaiting us in the New Year,” she said.

Uche x-rayed the present Falcons and said the greatest problem of the team is that many of its players are ageing. “I am going to work really hard to replace the ageing players in the team in conjunction with my bosses at the NFF. They are great and understanding people and they all want us to have a team that will be the pride of the country and the continent as a whole. I do not intend to let them and the entire nation down,” she stated.

She is confident that her experience both as a player and as a coach with the national team, where she served under many others, will help her succeed in giving Nigeria a team of its dream.

Uche, who hails from Mbaise, in Imo State, has attended a number of high profile coaching courses within and outside Nigeria. A graduate of Business Administration from the Delta State University, Uche attended the National Institute of Sports, NIS, in Lagos, and the Licence B Coaching Course in California, USA. She bagged a diploma in CAF coaching course held in South Africa. She also attended a number of courses organised by FIFA and the NFF, which include FIFA coaching certificate and the CAF instructors course in Tanzania. She has also just got an offer to attend a UEFA B Senior Professional Course at Keele University in England.

She had served as assistant coach in national female team from 2002 to 2008. She assisted Ismaila Mabo, when the team participated in the 2000 Sydney Olympics as well as the AWC which the team won in South Africa that year. She also understudied Ntiero Effiong in 2002 for the country’s Under-20 team that featured in the World Cup in Canada,

Her third stint with the national team as an assistant coach was with the Under-20 Women’s team that participated in that version of the World Cup in Thailand. The Nigerian team reached the quarter-final of the competition before losing in a penalty shoot out to Germany.

She was also drafted in 2006 to assist Tetteh Okonkwo in the FIFA Under-20 World Cup held in Russia. The Nigerian team also reached the quarter-final where they were beaten 1-0 by Brazil.

Last year, Uche was brought in by the NFF to assist Jossy Lad to the AWC in Equatorial Guinea, just two days to the commencement of the competition. Apart from the national team, she had coached club sides like Delta Queens of Asaba , Ifeoma Babes of Warri, and Rivers Angels of Port Harcourt.

Uche has had a good football career climaxing in her featuring in two World Cup Finals for Nigeria.

She told Newswatch that she made it to the national team more or less by accident. She explained the circumstances surrounding her invitation: “When the NFF embraced women’s football in 1990, I was not among those that were invited to the national team during the first screening of players.Edinton Kuejobola, who was my chairman at Ufoma Babes where I was playing, told the NFF that if Nigeria needed quality players for its national team, a player like me should be in the squad.Niyi Akande was the coach of the team, and he extended an invitation to me.”

Uche did not disappoint those that gave her the opportunity to prove herself as she scored the two goals for the national team in her first match for the squad, in their friendly against Jegede Babes. “That was how I made it to the team and from there, there was no going back for me. I became the first girl to score for Nigeria in an international match against Ghana at the National Stadium in Surulere, Lagos. I also entered the record books as the first lady to score a hattrick, three goals, in a match for Nigeria’s Women team. I also went on to score seven goals in 1990 for Nigeria, to emerge as Africa’s highest goal scorer for women that year,” she said.

She was the pivot of Nigeria’s attack when the team participated in the maiden World Cup for women in China in 1991. Some other notable figures in the Nigerian team were Florence Omagbemi, the captain, Nkiru Okosieme, Omo Branch and Mavin Ogun. Uche was also in the Nigerian team that participated in the 1995 World Cup in Sweden in 1994.

Born 36 years ago to the family of Mr and Mrs Hycienth Uche of Mbaise, Imo State, both now deceased, she developed interest in the game while at Egbu Girls Secondary School, Owerri.

“I was such an adventurous child, playing football with boys, and doing all the sports they were doing including climbing palm trees. I did not know that this will lead me to the top, especially, as football was not played by girls at that time.”

In 1988, Uche played for the Youth Sports Federation of Nigeria, YSFON, under the sponsorship of Gina Yesibo, a frontline promoter of female football in Nigeria. She played in Olu of Warri Cup where she was noticed by the proprietor of Ifeoma Babes.
Re: NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons by semid4lyfe(m): 11:53am On Feb 06, 2011
honeric01:
Me don comot mind for Nigerian football since Mid 2010, so whatever they like, let dem do, eno concern me grin

You don commot mind for our National teams abi?, undecided so where you come put mind. . .with Insurance? shocked grin

I don talk se make you and medjai gather money buy the club and save it from going on relegation from the National league grin tongue
Re: NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons by semid4lyfe(m): 12:28pm On Feb 06, 2011
Eucharia Is New Fifa instructor
by Sammy Wejinya 02 February 2011, 11:12

http://supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/110202/Eucharia_is_new_Fifa_instructor

Super Falcons Coach, Uche Eucharia has been appointed as the latest female football instructor of the world football governing body, Fifa.

Fifa’s decision to elevate the head coach of the country’s women’s national team is based on the ground breaking efforts she has made in developing and promoting the women’s game in the African continent.

Uche, who led the Super Falcons to victory at the last African Women’s Championships in South Africa, has also qualified the Nigerian Women’s team for this year’s Fifa Women’s World Cup in Germany.

The appointment by Fifa had been done since January 2010 but was ratified recently and many say it is well deserved.

Other notable Fifa instructors on the continent are foremost South African female sports administrator, Fran Hilton Smith and the most famous African footballer, Mercy Akide-Udoh is a Fifa Ambassador.

Reacting to the news, Uche said she was humbled and would continue to strive for excellence in her drive to take the Women’s game to the next level.

“I am pleased with the development. I thank God for this because when a body as prestigious as Fifa recognizes one for an award as hallowed as this, it is a pointer that one is on the right path and I will continue to work hard in every sphere of my personal and professional life,” She told SuperSport.com.

Uche who captained the Super Falcons during her days as a professional footballer also spoke on the preparations of the Super Falcons for the World Cup in Germany, later in the year.

“Our preparations are on track. As always, I want Nigerians to support us and pray for us. We are in a very difficult group, the group of death alongside great teams like Canada, France and the Olympic and World Champions, Germany so we need the support of all and sundry to do well at the championships.

On our own, we will continue to work very hard and keep our preparations at a high level because we know we will going toe to toe against the very best in the world.

God willing, we will put smiles on the faces of Nigerians,” she said. Uche’s reign as Super Falcons Coach has been hugely successful and she is yet to lose a competitive match as head of the technical crew of the team.
Re: NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons by Ibime(m): 1:22pm On Feb 06, 2011
Hahahahaha

SemiD, NFF is not falling maga for any oyinbo.

Employing a foreign coach is the way NFF use to launder money. Don't be surprised if the new Falcons coach earns $100,000 per month. ($10,000 for the coach, $90,000 for the NFF bigwigs)
Re: NFF To Employ Foreign Coach For Falcons by marcus1234: 7:47pm On Feb 06, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Football Winning Secret Revealed / What Lionel Messi Said After Sergio Ramos Mugged Him Off In El Clasico / Neymar Is Now Growing Wings: He Fights With Player, Cavani Over Penalty Kick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.