Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,242 members, 7,947,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 02:13 PM

Living With Eternity In View - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Living With Eternity In View (128 Views)

Seeds Of Destiny Daily Devotional 25 August 2020 - Living With Eternity In View / How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Living With Eternity In View by Bishopkingc: 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2020
Living With Eternity In View

Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Titus 2:11-13

Jesus after his resurection from death promised to return again as the scripture says "Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven." Acts 1:11

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. Rev 1:7

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. Heb 9:28
Christ will return again, but not to take away sin again. His coming will be doom for unbelievers and bliss for believers.
Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: Rom 2:7-10, 2 Thess 2:1-10
In view of Christ's return, How are we expected to live our lives?

First we must deny:

1. Deny Ungodliness:
Every Believer who truly desires to be reunited with Christ and a host of other saints must deny every form of Ungodliness. There is no room for all ungodly people in heaven.

2. Deny Worldly Lust:
The believer who continues to seek worldly things is in danger of missing his return. Paul died to all worldly ambitions Gal 6:14, 1John 2:15-17

Secondly we must:

1. Purify Ourselves:
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. 1John 3:2-3

2. Abide in Him:
And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. 1 John 2:28

3. Keep His Commandments:
That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Tim 6:14

4. Set our Affections on things above:
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth...
When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. Col 3:2,4

5. Be Patient:
Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh. James 5:7-8

6. Endure Suffering:
That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: 1 Pet 1:6-7

7. Feed His Flocks (Do the work of a Pastor):
Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock. And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away. 1 Pet 5:2-4

8. Preach the gospel (Evangelize):
 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 2 Tim 4:1-2

9. Fight the Good Fight of Faith:
 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. 2 Tim:4:7-8

10. Fellowship with one another:
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. Heb 10:25

(1) (Reply)

The Creeping Thing / Name Your Favorite Twitter Pastor / Eid-el-kabir: Sultan Issues Strong Warning To Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.