Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,381 members, 7,937,148 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 03:12 PM

Johnny Depp Left Broke After Losing $650m Movie Fortune - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Johnny Depp Left Broke After Losing $650m Movie Fortune (752 Views)

Reason Johnny Depp Left Fantastic Beasts Revealed / Kemi Olunloyo: Davido Is Broke After Paying $15million To Trend In US / Davido Mocks Mayorkun For Going Broke After Buying Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Johnny Depp Left Broke After Losing $650m Movie Fortune by soundlala: 6:58pm On Jul 14, 2020
Johnny Depp has claimed he was left broke after losing his entire $650 million movie fortune and wracking up $100 million in debt.

The actor, 57, returned to London's High Court today for a fifth day giving testimony as part of his libel case against News Group Newspapers.

Depp is suing NGN over a story published in The Sun in 2018 which branded him a "wife beater" - a claim which he strenuously denies.

During today's testimony, Depp lifted the lid on his finances - revealing he lost his entire earnings from the lucrative Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.

He told the court that after his fortune was wipes out, he was left $100 million in debt due to spiralling tax bills.

Depp said he found out the bad news shortly before his ex-wife Amber Heard's 30th birthday party on April 21 2016.

He had a meeting at which he discovered his former business managers had cost him a huge amount of money.

The actor's lawyer, David Sherborne asked: "Can I ask how much?"

Depp replied: "It was put to me this way. It was put to me since Pirates II and III I had made - and it seems a ludicrous number - $650 million.

"When I fired them for the right reasons I had not only lost the $650 million but I was $100 million in the hole because they had not paid the government my taxes for 17 years.

"It was a bad meeting.''

Depp smoked a joint on his way to Heard's party to calm himself down.

He then told the court he went to bed to read a book and claims Heard attacked him for ruining her party

He said he had withdrawn because he "felt it was the best thing to do" to remove himself from the argument.

He had been "harangued" by Heard after turning up to her party late.

Depp said she attacked him swinging "haymakers". Asked what one was he relied: "It's a bit of a wild swing but effective if it reaches the target.''

Re: Johnny Depp Left Broke After Losing $650m Movie Fortune by MMXX: 7:10pm On Jul 14, 2020
After their La vida loca lifestyle, they all have one story or the other to tell bout being broke.

For 17yrs he has never had a meeting where he inquired bout his tax payment shior undecided
Re: Johnny Depp Left Broke After Losing $650m Movie Fortune by SarkinYarki: 7:10pm On Jul 14, 2020
This guy sef and losing fortune
Re: Johnny Depp Left Broke After Losing $650m Movie Fortune by DaddyRochie1642: 7:22pm On Jul 14, 2020
Never Trust a Woman...it never Ends Well

1 Like

Re: Johnny Depp Left Broke After Losing $650m Movie Fortune by yuswrld20(m): 11:04pm On Jul 14, 2020
his trust has been shattered

(1) (Reply)

"We Haven't Met But You Still Have Me In Your Corner" - Tiwa Reacts To Tacha's G / Joeboy Throwback Video Surfaces Online / Music: Olamide - Plenty Ft Fireboy DML Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.