Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,790 members, 7,882,754 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 01:22 PM

World Snake Day: Some Amazing Facts About Snakes - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / World Snake Day: Some Amazing Facts About Snakes (507 Views)

Amazing Facts About Bridal Hair Pins / Giant Life Sized Ludo And Snakes & Ladders Games For Hire / Some Amazing Facts We Never Knew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Snake Day: Some Amazing Facts About Snakes by DAVIDMOE(m): 12:58pm On Jul 16, 2020
WORLD SNAKE DAY – July 16

WORLD SNAKE DAY

World Snake Day on July 16th urges increased awareness of the wide variety of species around the world. With around 3,500 species, finding a snake that fascinates you or that was unknown to you previously won’t be difficult.

Among the 3,500 species, only about 600 are venomous. However, according to the World Health Organization, only about 200 of those pose a significant risk to human life.

The world’s smallest snake is the Barbados thread snake. This serpent is smaller than a nightcrawler at about 4 inches. In comparison, the longest snake is the reticulated python, and the heaviest is the green anaconda. One distinctive viper, the atheris hispida – a bush viper – jumps out of fantasy books with its scaled head. Did the viper inspire fire breathing dragons?

Other snakes are brilliantly colored. Vibrant reds, yellows, blues, and oranges populate the snake world. From the green tree python whose color ranges from green to red and brown and the banded sea krait that looks like it came out of the Beetlejuice movie, it’s a rainbow-colored world.

Snake Facts

Only 1/8 of the known species are venomous.

Their upper and lower jaw separate to allow snakes to consume prey up to three times larger than the diameter of their head.

Snakes eat their prey whole.

Most snakes are nocturnal.

Their tongue is used to smell their air.

Snakes are cold-blooded, or ectotherms, and must sun themselves to regulate their body temperatures.

While most snakes lay eggs, some give live birth.

From anti-tumor treatments to antibacterial properties, snake venom has been studied for medical purposes for many years.

HOW TO OBSERVE #WorldSnakeDay

Do some research on snakes or go to a zoo to see some in person. Use #WorldSnakeDay to post on social media.

https://nationaldaycalendar.com/world-snake-day-july-16/

cc: lalasticlala

Re: World Snake Day: Some Amazing Facts About Snakes by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:04pm On Jul 16, 2020
here on NL, world snake day will be renamed LALASTICALA'S DAY... its a celebration!!!

[img]https://media1./images/0b4f613d993892bf70f6d159c533e52f/tenor.gif[/img]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Snake Day: Some Amazing Facts About Snakes by gentlesinna(m): 1:17pm On Jul 16, 2020
Jtp
Re: World Snake Day: Some Amazing Facts About Snakes by OkuFaba(m): 1:29pm On Jul 16, 2020
Happy WORLD LALA day.

1 Like

Re: World Snake Day: Some Amazing Facts About Snakes by TheSourcerer: 1:37pm On Jul 16, 2020
We should start celebrating Halloween in Nigeria , gore lovers, goth, emo, weird fvckers , we don't need government to sign Halloween into bill before we celebrate it , we free.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Snake Day: Some Amazing Facts About Snakes by Bojack(m): 1:57pm On Jul 16, 2020
I'll be back when it reaches FP
Re: World Snake Day: Some Amazing Facts About Snakes by dynicks(m): 2:06pm On Jul 16, 2020
Lala rushing to push this thread to FRONT PAGE immediately with some back up tone like..

As I see snake for this forum ...BALANCE eh.
I go just enter the thread...BALANCE eh.
I go sharply push'am to front page..BALANCE eh.
I go come call all my guys..BALANCE eh!

Re: World Snake Day: Some Amazing Facts About Snakes by virginboy1(m): 7:00pm On Jul 20, 2020
Some snakes like Phyton and Anaconda are not poisonous. They are still ruthless killers.
Re: World Snake Day: Some Amazing Facts About Snakes by Professorcplus(m): 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2020
So na every thing we they celebrate... grin

(1) (Reply)

Monitoring And Evaluation Of Water, Sanitation And Hygiene (WASH) Programmes / Having A Cult Wedding / Ultimate Wedding Songs - Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.