Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,311 members, 7,967,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 07:26 AM

Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued (1049 Views)

Kidnapper Shot Dead While Attempting To Collect Ransom In Kogi (graphic Photos) / Kidnapper Shot Dead In Edo After Abducting Victim (Graphic Photos) / Kidnapper Shot Dead In Ogun State After Gun Battle With Police (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by 9Ebiscoo: 8:11pm On Jul 16, 2020
A suspected kidnapper was shot dead by police officers attached to the Ogun State Police Command along Shagamu–Ijebu Ode road on Wednesday July 15.

The incident occurred while the DPO of Shagamu police division, SP Okiki Agunbiade was on a routine patrol with his men. They reportedly sighted a Sienna bus with registration number MUS 86 FN with occupants who had suspicious looks but rather than stop for a search, the driver sped off.

A gun battle ensued shortly after, leading to the death of one of the kidnappers. Two victims identified as Okoroji Agnes, a youth corper attached to Federal Girls College Sagamu and one Tawa Sosanwo who were kidnapped at various locations, were rescued by the police.

One black toy gun, one gold wrist watch, One Samsung galaxy S7 phone, one cutlass, and one black wrist watch were recovered from the scene.

A statement released by the state police spokesperson, Abimbola Oyeyemi read;

Operatives of Ogun State Police Command on Wednesday 15th of July 2020 shot dead a suspected kidnapper along Shagamu –Ijebu Ode road and rescued two of their victims.

The incident happened when the DPO Shagamu SP Okiki Agunbiade was on routine patrol with his men and sighted a Sienna bus with registration number MUS 86 FN with some occupants whose suspicious look attracted the attention of the policemen which prompted them to stop the said car.

But instead of the driver to stop, he speed off towards Ijebu-Ode road consequent upon which the DPO ordered his men to chase them. Having realized that they are being pursued, the men in the car started firing at the policemen while on the move and the policemen fired back. They later jumped down, abandoned the car and ran into the bush while the policemen chased them into the bush and shot one of them dead while others escaped with gunshot injuries.

Rescued from the abandoned car are: a youth corp member identified as Okoroji Agnes attached to Federal Girls College Sagamu and one Tawa Sosanwo. The two victims narrated how they were kidnapped at various locations by the hoodlums who were taken to unknown destinations before police intercepted them on the road.

Their operational car was recovered with the following items: One black toy gun, one gold wrist watch, One Samsung galaxy S7 phone, one cutlass, and one black wrist watch.

Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police, CP Kenneth Ebrimson who was full of praise for the gallantry display of his men has appealed to members of the public especially hospitals to inform the police if anybody with gunshots injury is seen in their area. He also assured the members of the public that the fleeing members of the gang will be hunted for and arrested within the shortest possible time

https://www.mcebiscoo.com/kidnapper-shot-dead-by-police-in-ogun-victims-rescued/

Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by tompat86(m): 8:13pm On Jul 16, 2020
Good riddance to bad rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by TransflectTP(m): 8:15pm On Jul 16, 2020
Crime is never the way.

1 Like

Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by Righteousness89(m): 8:16pm On Jul 16, 2020
One Person; Cutlass, Pistol, wrist watch, phone..

Wasted Living..
devil is a Bastard!

Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by WonderWoman5775(f): 8:17pm On Jul 16, 2020
Chai... Thank God o
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by LongLife4all: 8:17pm On Jul 16, 2020
shocked
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by Golan007: 8:18pm On Jul 16, 2020
Some people should never have been born.
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by Makavelli25: 8:20pm On Jul 16, 2020
Did i just see toy gun God will punish them ni
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by Nezero(m): 8:21pm On Jul 16, 2020
So they have both real guns and you guns
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by donbachi(m): 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2020
Demons go don welcome am with burn burn corn for gate of helm.
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by Lawdis(m): 8:39pm On Jul 16, 2020
...skull miners
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by Simplyleo: 8:52pm On Jul 16, 2020
Very unfortunate.

Las las, crime doesn't pay.
undecided
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by goatBBQGRILLS: 9:32pm On Jul 16, 2020
Dont know, i just can never believe naija policia
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by onward4life(m): 9:48pm On Jul 16, 2020
This wan cud not wait to benefit from bruhari anymore!!!

Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by Mayng01(m): 10:49pm On Jul 16, 2020
Everyday for kidnapper, one day for the hostage
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by starbuck(f): 12:25am On Jul 17, 2020
Why do i have this feeling that the NPF are the owners of those exhibits undecided undecided

I have lost trust and fate in them
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by tungamaje: 12:44am On Jul 17, 2020
Kudos to the policemen. It means there are still dedicated officers among the 'Where your parti-kolas?' people. This shows there are still officers who joined the force because of their passion to fight criminality. Just like the Fulanis, there are good ones among them although the evil ones have tarnished their image. I once saw some Fulanis returning from their farm in Zuba, Abuja with one of them carrying a very big watermelon. I jokingly told him, Agwei, du alla,h kabane watermelon. He didn't hesitate but handed it over to me. I was reluctant to collect it because he was with a machete lest he slashes off my hand. With a smile on his face, he gave it to me. Wow! Nice Agwei
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by Olabode971(f): 1:05am On Jul 17, 2020
good riddance
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by spinna: 6:30am On Jul 17, 2020
Good news.. May the other die of his wounds
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 17, 2020
The police did not shoot him well,they should shoot him again.
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by callmeRichie(m): 7:21am On Jul 17, 2020
I sha thank God for the lives of the rescued, it would have been a scary adventure for them, cuz I know they would be raped even if their ransoms were paid.

Issa miracle o embarassed
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by Herbephe1(m): 8:04am On Jul 17, 2020
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by Dotherightthing: 11:40am On Jul 17, 2020
Righteousness89:
One Pperson; Ccutlass, Ppistol, wrist watch, phone..

Wasted Lliving..
dDevil is a Bbastard!

21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by Gadaluck(m): 12:05pm On Jul 17, 2020
Soothing news to me ear.... grin No fck given here tongue
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead By Police In Ogun, Victims Rescued by lagusboyyy(m): 1:24pm On Jul 17, 2020
Kudos to the Nigerian Police Force.

The kidnapped victims are lucky.

(1) (Reply)

How Ex-pa, Tyrese Haspil Killed Gokada Founder [PHOTOS] / My Best Friend Got Married To My Boyfriend After I Asked Her To Test Him – Lady / How Gunmen Killed Ibadan Socialites, Gattuso, In Iyaganku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.