Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,278 members, 7,967,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 05:09 AM

Ads - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ads (2625 Views)

Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria / MTN Launches E-SIM In Nigeria / Top 10 Secrets You Don't Know About MTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ads by topmag2019: 9:26am On Jul 17, 2020
Ads
Re: Ads by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 17, 2020
Ole Mtn
Re: Ads by johnykgoal: 9:50am On Jul 17, 2020
on whose benefit?
Re: Ads by haryorbarmie83(m): 10:05am On Jul 17, 2020
I still don't get, what the e-sim all about, will it be permanently put into ones phone or is like wifi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ads by dangoteinlaw: 12:34pm On Jul 17, 2020
haryorbarmie83:
I still don't get, what the e-sim all about, will it be permanently put into ones phone or is like wifi.
thus help to make phones more resistant since no more opening. Remains the charging ports now. You can expect full wireless charging phones especially from apple. Apple are truely innovative they somehow predict future happenings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ads by topmag2019: 12:47pm On Jul 17, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
thus help to make phones more resistant since no more opening. Remains the charging ports now. You can expect full wireless charging phones especially from apple. Apple are truely innovative they somehow predict future happenings.

YES OOOO tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ads by topmag2019: 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
haryorbarmie83:

nice cool
Re: Ads by Andywhty(m): 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
Are smartphones going to buy this special innovation from them?

like I am yet to understand how to fix this into other smartphone devices.
Re: Ads by topmag2019: 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
johnykgoal:
on whose benefit?

9j cool
Re: Ads by topmag2019: 12:50pm On Jul 17, 2020
Therevenger:
Ole Mtn

like seriously. grin
Re: Ads by kingPhidel(m): 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2020
OP becareful with your caption. I thought you've gone deep to nlanders more but u just copy from a blog and paste. grin i know alot about eSIM more than you.
Re: Ads by waynetee(m): 1:24am On Jul 18, 2020
Something wey never come out.... I fear una o cheesy
Re: Ads by phemmyfour: 7:24am On Jul 18, 2020
haryorbarmie83:
The disadvantage there is RESTRICTION of phones to a network. Just like the dstv HD decoder
Re: Ads by dustmalik(m): 8:03am On Jul 18, 2020
Andywhty:

This is not an MTN innovation. E-sim has been in use since 2016. It's already being used in quite a number of developed countries, like US, UK, Canada, etc.

For now, only a handful of devices supports it.
Re: Ads by Lanretoye(m): 12:39pm On Jul 18, 2020
What is new about this,how does it differ from those CDMA era?
Re: Ads by LordReed(m): 2:06pm On Jul 18, 2020
Lanretoye:
What is new about this,how does it differ from those CDMA era?

What I'd like to know too.
Re: Ads by Breastfeed: 2:59am On Jul 19, 2020
Ok, nice Information
Re: Ads by Kunja2: 8:25am On Jul 19, 2020
topmag2019:
Nigeriapenng.com

READ MORE BELOW
Source: https://nigeriapenng.com/interesting-facts-mtn-e-sim-nigeria-never-know/
I'll love to know how this works
Re: Ads by Kunja2: 8:26am On Jul 19, 2020
dustmalik:

This is not an MTN innovation. E-sim has been in use since 2016. It's already being used in quite a number of developed countries, like US, UK, Canada, etc.

For now, only a handful of devices supports it.
how does it work?
Re: Ads by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 19, 2020
Andywhty:

with an esim your can use as many sim as possible without the stress of the traditional esim
Re: Ads by topmag2019: 2:56pm On Jul 26, 2020
Vaselinelord:
with an esim your can use as many sim as possible without the stress of the traditional esim

Are you serious
Re: Ads by Joezik(m): 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
Vaselinelord:

wt all linked to u....

so if I intentionally borrow money I no wan pay for one SIM....dem go catch me for other nbers linked??
Re: Ads by Jaculze(m): 6:16pm On Jul 26, 2020
This sim should be nee rave. Meanwhile, those that use Airtel, do you guys know about this code *444# where you can buy airtime and data from any bank?
Re: Ads by Nobody: 2:05am On Jul 27, 2020
Joezik:

wt all linked to u....

so if I intentionally borrow money I no wan pay for one SIM....dem go catch me for other nbers linked??
e-sim has the same purpose as a physical aim card..... so instead of buying a physical sim card you just go online buy pay for an E-sim and you'll be given a code to imput or barcode to scan and voila youre on the network and if you if get tires of number just delete and oay for another one simple
Re: Ads by AshipaEk0: 4:21am On Jul 27, 2020
phemmyfour:
The disadvantage there is RESTRICTION of phones to a network. Just like the dstv HD decoder

Kunja2:
how does it work?

haryorbarmie83:

It's exactly the same as physical sims. If you buy a phone from a Network it could be locked to that network only.

If you buy from open market, it will be open to use any network

You can have more than 1 E-Sim profile (accounts) on a device, so that means you can have more than 1 line or network on your phone

And you can switch networks easily too.

It's like having multiple online accounts in Facebook app or Telegram and switch between them.

The networks just have to load a profile for you and you are good to go.

www.pocket-lint.com/phones/news/motorola/134640-what-is-an-esim-and-how-will-it-change-connected-devices-for-the-better.amphtml

The use of eSIM brings a number of advantages to device manufacturers and networks, but there are also some advantages for you, too, since you can have plans from more than one network stored on your eSIM.

So you could use one number for business and another number for personal calls or have a data roaming SIM for use in another country. You could even have completely separate voice and data plans.

But what exactly is an eSIM? And what exactly will it offer you? Let us explain more.

What is an eSIM?

The term "eSIM" simply means an embedded SIM card. There are no physical SIM cards involved and no physical swapping over required by you. eSIM needs to be supported by the network or carrier and enabled by them and not all networks support eSIM as yet (see below).

An eSIM is basically a small chip inside your phone and works in a similar way to the NFC chip that's used for payment tech like Apple Pay and Google Pay.

The information on an eSIM is rewritable, meaning you can decide to change your operator with a simple phone call. They're really easy to add to a data plan – connecting devices with eSIMs to a mobile account can be done in minutes. And, as we mentioned, it was

eSIM is backed by the GSMA, the association of mobile networks and that organisation has defined the standard for eSIM worldwide.

Are there any disadvantages to eSIM?

There could be a disadvantage for consumers in terms of choice. If a phone is sold exclusively, it's possible that all handsets could come pre-loaded with a particular network rather than being open to all.

The days of storing numbers on SIM cards are numbered anyway for most people using Android or iOS thanks to cloud backup, but it does involve a change of mindset for those using older or cheaper phones; you'll no longer be able to swap a SIM card to a new phone physically.

(1) (Reply)

THROW BACK: Can You Remember / Hi, For Free Softwares, Visit The Following Websites: Www.myfullmaza.com, Www.symbian-freeware.com, / Nokia + Their Application Defects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.