Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,651 members, 7,926,873 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 02:25 AM

Video: Moment Rivers Police Commissioner Stated His Men's Actions Were Legit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video: Moment Rivers Police Commissioner Stated His Men's Actions Were Legit (279 Views)

Rivers Police Confirm Arrest Of Chinyere Igwe For Vote-Buying (Photos) / The Moment Rivers State Taskforce Vehicle Was Destroyed By Angry Youths (Video) / IGP Redeploys Dandaura Mustapha, Rivers Police Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video: Moment Rivers Police Commissioner Stated His Men's Actions Were Legit by MYZOLE: 5:00pm On Jul 17, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5g4qSXIdqg

The Rivers state Commissioner of Police, Joseph Mukan, says he was duly aware of the attempted arrest of the former NDDC Managing Director, Joi Nunieh, at her Port Harcourt home on Thursday, July 16.

Recall that Nunieh who is in a running battle with the Minister of the Niger Delta Affairs, Godswill Akpabio who she has accused of corruption, was to appear before the House of Representatives committee investigating the activities of the NDDC on Thursday, July 17. She was to fly from Port Harcourt to Abuja that day but early in the morning, some police officers stormed her home with the intent to arrest her.

In an interview she had with newsmen, Nunieh said she contacted the state Commissioner of Police and he told her he wasn't aware of the operation.

The state governor, Nyesom Wike, who came to rescue her and took her out of the premises, also said in a press conference that he contacted the state Commissioner of Police who told him he wasn't aware of the operation.

However, in an interview with some newsmen today July 17, the state Commissioner of Police, Joseph Mukan, said he was duly aware of the operation.

'''It was never an illegal duty. It was a legitimate duty from the IG monitoring unit of which we are aware of their presence here.

What people don't seem to understand is that it is not in every situation that you need a warrant of arrest. There are situations that you can arrest without warrant. There are situations that you can arrest without warrant and then as a followup, that one can be issued. So the fact that they do not have a warrant of arrest at that moment does not make the whole exercise an illegality. It is very legitimate. It is in the confine of the constitution'' he said

Reacting to Governor Wike's claim that he called him and he said he wasn't aware of the operation, Mukan said

We are aware. They came here and we endorsed their investigation activities. Nobody tried to reach me in respect of that. Ordinarily if they say I am not aware, did they try to find out from me whether I am aware or not? I endorsed their investigation activity. We were aware of their presence here.

Nobody said he should not protect his citizen but everything should be done within the confine of the law. I am the chief law enforcement officer of the command so if you rescue your citizen, we expect you to turn her over to the police who are in a better position to protect her.

I still believe he is going to turn her over because the exercise was legitimate, was within the confine of the law''

Mukan added

''I have gotten in touch with him and advised him to turn her over''

SOURCE: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/7/the-operation-at-ex-nddc-boss-joi-nuniehs-house-was-legitimate-gov-wike-should-surrender-her-to-us-rivers-police-commissioner-joseph-mukan-video.html

Re: Video: Moment Rivers Police Commissioner Stated His Men's Actions Were Legit by DonBenny77(m): 5:03pm On Jul 17, 2020
Under duress grin
Re: Video: Moment Rivers Police Commissioner Stated His Men's Actions Were Legit by HugeDan(m): 5:08pm On Jul 17, 2020
Udonminit cool
Re: Video: Moment Rivers Police Commissioner Stated His Men's Actions Were Legit by loadedvibes: 5:17pm On Jul 17, 2020
Rivers go soon declare sovereign state.. the way things dey happen there.

Anyway come and buy kids Educational Tablets for your children to help them stay ahead of their peers view my profile now
Re: Video: Moment Rivers Police Commissioner Stated His Men's Actions Were Legit by Freestainworld(m): 5:19pm On Jul 17, 2020
useless police commissioner, they have threatened him and he suddenly changed his words, what offence did the woman commit that will warrant them to arrest her without a warrant, very useless fools wearing uniform for nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video: Moment Rivers Police Commissioner Stated His Men's Actions Were Legit by Jostoman: 5:36pm On Jul 17, 2020
Can you imagine what is coming out from the mouth of a CP and if by tomorrow Burundi decided to demolished our embassy now because of the useless and stupid things that we are doing in this country, they will now be crying that they are the giant of Africa.
Re: Video: Moment Rivers Police Commissioner Stated His Men's Actions Were Legit by Righteousness89(m): 5:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
Oga Commissioner!
Medicine after Death!

All Liars will go to Hell!
Re: Video: Moment Rivers Police Commissioner Stated His Men's Actions Were Legit by johnmartus(m): 5:42pm On Jul 17, 2020
Please Buhari is alive or dead. What is happening these days make me understand that Buhari is not alive.

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole: I’m Sorry For Making Obaseki Gov / Gbajabiamila Gives Akpabio 48 Hours Ultimatum To Name Lawmakers / Buhari’s Critics Need Prayers – Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.