Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,669 members, 7,918,143 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 11:58 PM

20 Money Lessons I Have Learned - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 20 Money Lessons I Have Learned (181 Views)

10 Lessons I Learnt From Making A Million A Week In This Covid Times. / Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning / Chronicles Of Catalan : Five Lessons I Learnt From Paddy Adenuga's Memoir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

20 Money Lessons I Have Learned by Brightgem(f): 9:44am On Jul 18, 2020
I can say 90% of people asked I write about this topic. Las Las we all like money, so long we pursue it the healthy and legitimate way. So in no particular order, here are money lessons I’ve learned and still learning, because mistakes will still be made on this journey. Working people can learn from it. Business owners can learn and just about anyone else.

# Don’t borrow money from one person to help another person. Except you have a source for sure to pay back in case the borrower delays or fails. Bottom line is don’t even do this, if you no get, you no get be that. Because you will become the new debtor and have to deal with paying back money you didn’t even use.

# Save money. This is an ever green rule, save by paying yourself first, from your salary or whatever you earn from business. Whatever you save will save you in emergencies, will help you pursue an investment opportunity that may pop up, hence you multiply your money. Saving money will save you. You can save for emergencies, or save towards a specific investment, like buying a car for transport business to bring you more.

# Don’t do business with extremely close friends or family except there is a solid agreement and a lawyer present. If you refuse to learn this one by following reading, you might have to learn by experience, just know that your relationship with these people may end up destroyed forever. Because I can’t even begin to tell you how money puts us all to test, the person you think you know will become a complete stranger because money is involved.

# Don’t dabble in businesses you don’t understand or sound too good to be true. I’ve lost one 80k somewhere that I’ll probably never get back, I went for it because I felt the person who told me about it knew enough about it for me to follow, but Alas! Most importantly, don’t take a loan for a business you don’t understand especially businesses you can’t really hold anyone accountable, no leader, mentor or people who have tried and can direct you.

# To get something, give something. If you are newly employed somewhere or even been there for a while. Do give your superiors something new from time to time, that way you can ask for a raise, get a promotion or move on to a better place because you have a lot to give and you are important. The more you know and put into practice, the more you can earn.

# Show what you have done for yourself and you will easily find help. Don’t be a give me, give me, person, once you have showed what you have done for yourself, people will be happy to invest in you. I know someone who saved money for his masters and needed a little to complete it, he got it easily, because his helpers were impressed with how much he had saved from the stipends gotten from Npower program. I know another who saved up money running into 100k during her service year, she wanted to buy a camera of about 180k, but her helper was so impressed when she asked for help that he told her to keep her 100k and he bought her the camera.

# Money should serve you, you don’t serve money. Some people just hoard money, they don’t use it. Even on themselves, let alone on others. Living like a pauper while you are stashing money away. You’ll still lose it one day, don’t worship money like that, when you hoard it with no goal in mind, you are a slave to it. Yes, there are real human beings who behave like this.

# As a business owner or service provider, radically publicize what you do through every medium and platform available. BUT know this, marketing and advertising may not instantly bring you a huge sale, but has placed what you do before the eyes of many more who will save your advert and could reach you later for that big sale or contract. And don’t be ashamed of your hustle, face front. The people who don’t see value will ask you how you are doing it later.

# Money can be learned about. And some people are not just noise makers, they do know some laws about how money works, and are teaching people. Find them, pay for their whatsapp classes, coaching classes or courses. It’s worth it.

# That some cannot afford a product or service you offer at a certain price does not make you expensive, they simply can’t afford it and you should learn not to drop your prices based on people’s emotions, as long as you are not being ridiculous compared to your competitors. You can also make it affordable for them by offering a system that makes it affordable, an example is installment payment.

Visit source below to find out the 10 more lessons
https://themoralcodeng.com/2020/07/18/20-money-lessons-i-have-learned/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 20 Money Lessons I Have Learned by haiti007(m): 10:22am On Jul 18, 2020
Nice points

(1) (Reply)

Get A VTU License And Leverage On The Telecommunications Industry During This Pa / Access Bank Completes It's Acquisition Of A Kenyan Bank. / Security Watch: Do You Really Know That Your Neighbour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.