Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,187 members, 7,880,702 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:21 AM

As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation (694 Views)

Working At A Lodge Will Make You Fear Dating / Bilikisu Ali Is The 18-Year-Old Who Died During Sex In Yobe Governmet Lodge / Photo Of The 18-Year-Old Girl Who Died After Sex At Yobe Government Lodge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by MATURELION: 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2020
Hey fellow niaralanders in uni how did the current covid crisis affect your accommodation settings (for those who left school for home) I had already started my clearance before this virus thing entered niaja and as it is now I'm supposed to pay another rent since everything I'm doing was suspend and I had to go home to work, before I renew my rent I just want to know if maybe you guys landlord or caretaker is giving some sort of grace for students that were affected by this so I know my next move thank you

Also apologies for any errors I may have made while typing
Re: As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by NoChill: 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2020
Or do you mean how is it still affecting
Re: As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by MATURELION: 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2020
NoChill:
Or do you mean how is it still affecting
my brother I don't know if I can hang on till school resumes, don't want to come back and see my properties outside which is why I had to post here to get more info, maybe landlords will give extension or grace for students?
Re: As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by MATURELION: 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2020
Please mods @ lalasticlala people could benefit if there are more contributions
Re: As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by shamsin6300(m): 3:16pm On Jul 18, 2020
I was actually supposed to be in my place of assignment (IT) hoping to resumed school by January before this corona-saga.
Now, I will have to paid new rent just for roughly 2months that I will stay in. Me that was hoping to cash out before by leaving my room to someone to complete the remain months so that Local guy can have something small. angry

1 Like

Re: As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by dumininu01(m): 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2020
I don start IT already and I don use 2 months out of 6 months and I don pay 6 months rent down grin grin...
Re: As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by JOACHINpedro: 6:33pm On Jul 18, 2020
I recently traveled to school to have some me time but I was shocked to the spine shocked
Firstly, my landlord don cut my main electric wire. So na blackout
Secondly my foodstuffs were in grave state. I foresaw a great famine coming
And lastly, security men invaded my lodge at an ungodly hour to collect their 6months payments. I was given the grace to pay the next day but I had to tear race.
I came back to my family the next day.
Omo no place like home cool

1 Like

Re: As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by paulolee(m): 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2020
my own mata strong oo
Re: As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by MATURELION: 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2020
shamsin6300:
I was actually supposed to be in my place of assignment (IT) hoping to resumed school by January before this corona-saga.
Now, I will have to paid new rent just for roughly 2months that I will stay in. Me that was hoping to cash out before by leaving my room to someone to complete the remain months so that Local guy can have something small. angry
nawao, so IT students are feeling the heat too, how will you manage if school doesn't resume this year
Re: As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by MATURELION: 8:19pm On Jul 18, 2020
JOACHINpedro:
I recently traveled to school to have some me time but I was shocked to the spine shocked
Firstly, my landlord don cut my main electric wire. So na blackout
Secondly my foodstuffs were in grave state. I foresaw a great famine coming
And lastly, security men invaded my lodge at an ungodly hour to collect their 6months payments. I was given the grace to pay the next day but I had to tear race.
I came back to my family the next day.
Omo no place like home cool
really? This means I have to pay then cry so landlords won't be giving any kind of grace to students las las when things become manageable
Re: As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by MATURELION: 8:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
paulolee:
my own mata strong oo
bros please explain let everyone know what to do cos this seems like a silent issue
Re: As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by JOACHINpedro: 8:29pm On Jul 18, 2020
MATURELION:
really? This means I have to pay then cry so landlords won't be giving any kind of grace to students las las when things become manageable
For my school, landlords don't even care about coro or no coro
Re: As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by MATURELION: 8:34pm On Jul 18, 2020
JOACHINpedro:

For my school, landlords don't even care about coro or no coro
nawao so this means debt of house rent is waiting for students when they return
Re: As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by JOACHINpedro: 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2020
MATURELION:
nawao so this means debt of house rent is waiting for students when they return
Did they insure their rent? undecided
Re: As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by Adukpe19(m): 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2020
Landlord no go pity you o. What they need na their money.
Re: As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by shamsin6300(m): 9:04pm On Jul 18, 2020
MATURELION:
nawao, so IT students are feeling the heat too, how will you manage if school doesn't resume this year

Life continue bruh wink
Re: As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by MATURELION: 9:10pm On Jul 18, 2020
JOACHINpedro:

Did they insure their rent? undecided
lol does anything insurance work in this shi hole country grin , all landlords know is to count the months your rent remain before they start making noise most will even bring police join
Re: As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by MATURELION: 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2020
Adukpe19:
Landlord no go pity you o. What they need na their money.
yeah man, na em mean say I gat pay the rent, this country sef.. seems like properties and belongings will be flying out by the end of this year
Re: As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by JOACHINpedro: 9:19pm On Jul 18, 2020
MATURELION:
lol does anything insurance work in this shi hole country grin , all landlords know is to count the months your rent remain before they start making noise most will even bring police join
Gbam!

If you want this your thread to get wider coverage and more contributions I suggest you move it to the right section.
Don't worry, I will delete this msg when it goes to education section
Re: As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by MATURELION: 9:23pm On Jul 18, 2020
JOACHINpedro:

Gbam!

If you want this your thread to get wider coverage and more contributions I suggest you move it to the right section.
Don't worry, I will delete this msg when it goes to education section
I think I already found the answers I'm looking for, na to pay rent now be the koko
Re: As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by engrtee(f): 10:14pm On Jul 18, 2020
This is why you should stay in school hostel if possible. No effect.except yam growing through the window
Re: As A University Student How Did Covid Affect Your Hostel/lodge Accommodation by MATURELION: 10:23pm On Jul 18, 2020
engrtee:
This is why you should stay in school hostel if possible. No effect.except yam growing through the window
lol nahh school hostel is another level for working class but you have a point, but that's the main reason they don't want to open schools cos they're not sure how things will play out in school hostels

(1) (Reply)

. / Kenyan Ladies Go Fully Unclad In This Video 18+ / How Much Is Death Benefit In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.