Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:18 AM

50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba - Celebrities (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba (102558 Views)

3 Busty Ex Bbnaija Stars That Are Confidently Fashionable / Obituary Of 4 Nollywood Stars That Will Be Buried In March And April (Photos) / 6 Bbnaija Stars That Got Married After The Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by PiggyvestMoney: 10:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
You are doing well
post=91891536:

No Yorubas have like 100 Grammy awards Otondo
Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by RealEzee(m): 10:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
My goodness I just got to know TD Jakes of Nigerian descent, oh wow
Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by LegendHero(m): 10:25pm On Jul 19, 2020
post=91891536:

This is Seal alone with 4 Grammy Awards.

His name is: Henry Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel

This is the official Grammy website to confirm!

https://www.grammy.com/grammys/artists/seal

9 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by LegendHero(m): 10:27pm On Jul 19, 2020
post=91891536:

This is Sade Adu alone. She has 4 Grammy Award to her name also.

This is the Granmy Official Website to that.

https://www.grammy.com/grammys/artists/sade-adu

When Yoruba do something we do it big and we are not anybody’s mate.

10 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by LegendHero(m): 10:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
post=91891536:

This is Chamillionaire with one Grammy Award.

His real name is Hakeem Seriki.

This is the official Website to that:
https://www.grammy.com/grammys/artists/chamillionaire

7 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Dotherightthing: 10:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
This is too much for Igbos to match!

It's a knock out!!

Igbos will die trying to measure up to Yorubas. But it will NEVER happen!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by PureFace1(m): 10:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
post=91891372:

The list will be endless if I list Igbos in sports in US and UK

Tracy Ifeachor actress

Lol this thread is about just 50 Yoruba in Hollywood and Entertainment industry not about sports and other sectors and only the popular ones that won several awards not all of them because the list will be endless.

You had to make it about sports to have a fighting chance so you think Yoruba don't also have endless people in sports?

In Basketball ball which Igbo is as great as Hakeem Olajuwon that's a legend in American basketball? Not to even talk about Boxing and other sports. I bet sit down

Go and create your own thread too with 1000 Igbo in Hollywood and Entertainment industry that have Grammy or Oscar awards lol.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by 77up(m): 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2020
Thread yi ti nfun awon omo ale olori pelebe yen ni organisms already grin

Yoruba lagba kiss

9 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by jagorinho: 10:31pm On Jul 19, 2020
post=91889975:

73 Igbo celebrates in just US

1, Forest Whitaker
2, Ashely Maduekwe
3, TD Jakes
4, Nnamdi Asomugha
5, Uzo Aduba
6, Tini Tempah
7, Carolina Chikezie
8, Nonso Anozie
9, Tracy Ifeachor
10, Nwando Achebe
11,Emmanuel Acho
12, Sam Acho
13, Uzo Aduba
14, Nnamdi Asomugha
15, Chukwu octuplets
16, Ike Diogu
17, Megalyn Echikunwoke
I8, IK Enemkpali
19, Okwui Enwezor
20. Emmanuel Chukwudi Eze
21,Fat Tony (rapper)
22. Godfrey (comedian)
23, Havoc (musician)
24, Germain Ifedi
25, Chioma Igwe
26, Uzodinma Iweala
27, Bobby Iwuchukwu
28, Brian Iwuh
29, Jesse Iwuji
30, Jidenna
31, Julie Iromuanya
32, Obi Melifonwu
33, Cristian Morton
34, Nnamdi Moweta
35, Chinedum Ndukwe
36, Ikechuku Ndukwe
37Anthony Njokuani
38, Ogonna Nnamani
39 David Nwaba
40, Uzoma Nwachukwu
41, Ike Nwamu
42, Uche Nwaneri
43. Amarachi Nwosu
44, Mendi & Keith Obadike
45Leslye Obiora
46. Cyril Obiozor
47, Chris Ogbonnaya
48, Cedric Ogbuehi
49, Chiney Ogwumike
50, Nneka Ogwumike
51, KC Ohaebosim
52, Alex Okafor
53, Emeka Okafor
54, Jahlil Okafor
55, Joe Okafor
56. Chike Okeafor
57, Nnedi Okorafor
58, Bennett Okotcha
59, Amobi Okoye
60, Bennet Omalu
61, Holmes Onwukaife
62, Tochi Onyebuchi
63, Oguchi Onyewu
64, Brian Orakpo
65, Yvonne Orji
66, Kelechi Osemele
67, Cheta Ozougwu
68, Sonny Digital
69, Chioma Ubogagu
70, Valerian Ume-Ezeoke
71, Michael Uzowuru
72, Tyler, the creator
73, John Amaechi
Igbos and inferiority complex are Siamese twins!! I can bet,70% of the people on this list are not known in their neighborhood talk less of being a star, you just came here to post random names when you are not an INEC official that wants to rig an election. Like I always say, yorubas are not your mates in any field of human endeavor.......hundreds of years before the monkey became domesticated, the dog has been sharing shelter with humans.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Anambra1stS0n: 10:33pm On Jul 19, 2020
LegendHero:

Lol you’re sha trying hard to measure up.

Come back here when any Igbo win any Grammy Award to their name. Yorubas have like 20 Grammy Awards alone from 8 artists.

We have reigning World champions in Anthony Joshua and Israel Adesanya who are hot cakes. We don’t even add them.

If I was to just be putting mushroom people then there are lot of musicians and celebs that are in UK alone that need notable mention.

Entertainment language is a Yoruba language, it is in our blood and there is no competition whatsoever from anyone.
Tyler Gregory Okonma, better known as Tyler, the Creator, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, music video director, actor, comedian, visual artist, and fashion designer.

2 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by LegendHero(m): 10:33pm On Jul 19, 2020
post=91891536:

This is Kevin Olusola . He has three Grammy Awards to his name.

Can you now see the class of A list artist that the Yorubas are churning out?

You should rather be dueling with the minority tribes in a contest and desist from engaging the far superior Yorubas.

10 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Anambra1stS0n: 10:34pm On Jul 19, 2020
jagorinho:

Igbos and inferiority complex are Siamese twins!! I can bet,70% of the people on this list are not known in their neighborhood talk less of being a star, you just came here to post random names when you are not an INEC official that wants to rig an election. Like I always say, yorubas are not your mates in any field of human endeavor.......hundreds of years before the monkey became domesticated, the dog has been sharing shelter with humans.
Ignorant mind Google their names

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Swipa: 10:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
I know tunde from lighthouse family. still play their songs.

5 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by jagorinho: 10:39pm On Jul 19, 2020
post=91891861:

Ignorant mind Google their names
if I have to google most of their names that means they are non entities!!! Are you this slow? or is it temporary lapse in concentration?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by guru90: 10:41pm On Jul 19, 2020
hansomb:
Yoruba Amaka. I heard there's a street named after kudirat Abiola in London.
Kudirat Abiola is in Allen Avenue side in Lagos.....

Hushpuppi don teach una hw to lie a.k.a promotion in lying.

Lolzzzz

1 Like

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Anambra1stS0n: 10:42pm On Jul 19, 2020
Mendi Obadike and Keith Obadike are a married Igbo Nigerian American couple who create music and art. They were both born in 1973. Their music, live art and conceptual Internet artworks have been exhibited internationally. Mendi is a poet and Keith is a composer and sound designer.

1 Like

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by LegendHero(m): 10:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
guru90:

Kudirat Abiola is in Allen Avenue side in Lagos.....

Hushpuppi don teach una hw to lie a.k.a promotion in lying.

Lolzzzz

Lol why should Yoruba lie? We don’t need that.

The intersection of 44th Street and 2nd Avenue in New York City was named after Kudirat Abiola Corner.

The image below. Does the below look like Lagos to you?

12 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Funkybabee(f): 10:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
Wow
Magnificent
Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Anambra1stS0n: 10:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
jagorinho:

if I have to google most of their names that means they are non entities!!! Are you this slow? or is it temporary lapse in concentration?
Because their names doesn’t ring bell in Ogbomosho, do you know Tyler before now But he's a popular rapper in US

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Burgerlomo: 10:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
This is lovely cool

1 Like

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by LegendHero(m): 10:51pm On Jul 19, 2020
post=91892090:
Mendi Obadike and Keith Obadike are a married Igbo Nigerian American couple who create music and art. They were both born in 1973. Their music, live art and conceptual Internet artworks have been exhibited internationally. Mendi is a poet and Keith is a composer and sound designer.

Are they known like Skepta or Wale?

So Mendi compose poet and Keith Dey work as sound engineer?

Wonderful!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Anambra1stS0n: 10:51pm On Jul 19, 2020
jagorinho:

Do You Know Nnamdi Asomugha Kerry Washington's husband

Nnamdi Asomugha is a Nigerian-American actor, producer and former American football cornerback. He played college football for the University of California, Berkeley, and was drafted in the first round of the 2003 NFL Draft by the Oakland Raiders. He also played for the Philadelphia Eagles and San Francisco 49ers.

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by jagorinho: 10:52pm On Jul 19, 2020
post=91892176:

Because their names doesn’t ring bell in Ogbomosho, do you know Tyler before now But he's a popular rapper in US
if Yorubas decided to put every dick and harry on the list, do you think there will be room for comments? what I hate is an adult behaving childish, if you want to show your strength create a new thread not defiling this thread with scalar quantities, if I have power, old people like you behaving childishly would be rounded up monthly across the nation and beaten live on national TV........I hate outdated nonsense.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by chatinent: 10:56pm On Jul 19, 2020
This is cool.
Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by jagorinho: 10:57pm On Jul 19, 2020
LegendHero:

Are they known like Skepta or Wale?

So Mendi compose poet and Keith Dey work as sound engineer?

Wonderful!
you dey mind the guy, if care is not taken that guy will soon start to stop people randomly on his street, asking for their names and occupation and posting it here.....example
chukwuma udeh
upcoming R$B singer
world class potential.

6 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by LegendHero(m): 10:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
jagorinho:

you dey mind the guy, if care is not taken that guy will soon start to stop people randomly on his street, asking for their names and occupation and posting it here.....example
chukwuma udeh
upcoming R$B singer
world class potential.

That sound like what he could do truly lol.

7 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Anambra1stS0n: 11:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
jagorinho:

chukwuma udeh
upcoming R$B singer
world class potential.

Ebubennem Megalyn Ann Echikunwoke, also known as Megalyn E.K., is an American actress,

These are names ignorant minds called non entities grin

2 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Skepticus: 11:03pm On Jul 19, 2020
LegendHero:

We are talking about A lists here with Grammy awards. If we are to pick up all the usual Yoruba celebrities that are unknown then we can have 100 Yoruba celebs in UK alone.

Not to talk about USA.

The likes of Forest Whitaker and TD Jakes are not Igbos. They are just those African Americans that always link their ancestry to Nigeria tribes.

Just like Chadwick Boseman of Black Panther claimed he had Yoruba ancestry but I purposely just ignore him by not including them on this post.

Also we have the likes of Rockmond Dunbar the guy that featured in Prison Break who linked their DNAs to the Yoruba people.

You are even listing people playing American football and sport lol. We are just talking about Hollywood and musicians here alone.

That’s why I also don’t include the likes of Gani Oladimeji Lawal Jr.
,Giannis Antetokounmpo, Thanasis Antetokounmpo, Kostas Antetokounmpo, Hakeem Olajuwon, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Michael Olowokandi, Olu Famutimi, Victor Oladipo, Bam Adebayo, Anthony Joshua, Israel Adesanya, and etc in sports. I’m talking about important people that hold world title and not some mushroom people.

There are several of them like that.

In sports, you only mentioned basketball players. In American Football, I can give you 10 names of Yoruba descent coupled with some from Basketball.

Yoruba's dey para unto achievements outside. No be for chest beating or making mouth

7 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by 9gerian: 11:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
They got Grammy?

This is a losing battle tbh grin

post=91892090:

9 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by LegendHero(m): 11:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
Skepticus:

In sports, you only mentioned basketball players. In American Football, I can give you 10 names of Yoruba descent coupled with some from Basketball.

Yoruba's dey para unto achievements outside. No be for chest beating!

Yeah I just did a random example of basketball player.

Funniest thing is that the Yorubas always reach the highest point of their careers.

In Music, we have multiple Grammy Awards.

In boxing, we have world champions in multiple categories

In Basketball, Hakeem Olajuwon is the most valuable player
out of Africa, infact he once ranked Number 10 most valuable player in NBA. Such a great feat!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by aalangel(f): 11:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
I knew that after that ibo list, another tribe will come up with something.

Nairaland promoting tribalism.

Waiting for Nupe... undecided undecided undecided
Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Skepticus: 11:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
PureFace1:

Lol this thread is about just 50 Yoruba in Hollywood and Entertainment industry not about sports and other sectors and only the popular ones that won several awards not all of them because the list will be endless.

You had to make it about sports to have a fighting chance so you think Yoruba don't also have endless people in sports?

In Basketball ball which Igbo is as great as Hakeem Olajuwon that's a legend in American basketball? Not to even talk about Boxing and other sports. I bet sit down

Go and create your own thread too with 1000 Igbo in Hollywood and Entertainment industry that have Grammy or Oscar awards lol.

Hakeem Olajuwon, NBA Hall of Famer, FIBA Hall of famer and the best defensive player in NBA history with 3830 blocks recorded.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply)

Female Fans Complain About Tekno's "Cassava" Size [PICS] / Stella Damasus And Her Daughters, Isabel & Angelica Cover ADIVA MAGAZINE / 'You Have My Attention' - Chika Ike Goes Braless In Sexy Lingerie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.