Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,724 members, 7,933,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 05:19 PM

Demonization Of Tribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demonization Of Tribe (228 Views)

Breaking: We're Talking About ASUU Strike, Kwankwaso Is Talking Of Tribe - Obi / The Northern Elders Forum Warns Against The Demonization Of Law-Abiding Fulani / Bishop Kukah Blows Hot Over ‘demonization’ Of Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Demonization Of Tribe by Nightwolves: 2:43am On Jul 19, 2020
I've noticed 1 core problem of so called patriotic Nigerians. That problem is d demonization of TRIBALISM.

1st of all, d word itself is condescendin, insultin & colonial.

D Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Ijaw, Fulani etc are ETHNIC nations jst like d English, French Spanish, Italian and other such ETHNIC nations around d world.

It is wen u go within d IGBO NATION, 4 example, that u then find tribes wit their dialects of d same Igbo language. Like d Nkanu, Ngwa, Owere & other such Igbo tribes.

Why am i pointing this out? It because i believe that we mst 1st acknowledge that Nigeria is a union of many nations & then create a workable system that'll ensure peace & equity among those nations.

Shoutin ONE NIGERIA or UNITY OF NIGERIA IS NON-NEGOTIABLE or NO TRIBALISM won't solve our problems.

If Nigeria can entrench fairness & remain united, good. But if Nigeria continues 2favour only d British & their Fulani collaborators, it's time 4d IGBO, YORUBA, IJAW, BINI & other nations 2hv independence abeg, biko, ejor, mbok.

It is good that we all are in the same page, it is good that we understand what we really want, cos the way some of us are sounding it is as if we don't really know the focus of this movement, I believe that this movement is about making Nigeria better, it is about stopping corruption, it's about stopping injustice, it is about development, I Hope we all agree with this?

Now, I have seen some people write that these movement is not about revolution, nor it is about war,( of course it will be suicidal and stupid if we think we can fight the Nigeria army face to face) but let's make our selves care this movement (should) be about revolution and war, if not how do we think we are going to make Nigeria better and develop when the people who run the day to day activities of the nation are corrupt and are bent on using the country's resources for their personal gain.

No matter how we sensitise the people, no matter how we try to change this evil Nigerian culture ( selfishness, greediness, corruption, e.t.c) without removing or stoping those who controls and creates this environment, then we are just fooling ourselves, it will be like constantly pouring clean water into a dirty and contamination bucket hoping that the water will be clean, no! In other to make the water clean that bucket but be cleaned or changed, another example, this is like teaching students to read hard so that they won't sort again while the lecturer says he won't pass them unless they sort, what do you think will happen? If we think that we are going to bring change and development in Nigeria hoping not to challenge the leaders, then we are just playing here.

we can't match the Nigerian army with weapons, I agree, but there are many ways to fight a war, we can make the social media our battlefield, we can start there, we can shut down the Nigerian cyberspace with demands of what we want form the government ( it may be the new constitution we drafted or something from it) of course they are not going to do it knowing them, that's part of the plan we will do it for weeks or even months, we will make sure what we want gets international attention, we will make sure we tag CNN, BBC, or the major international news outlets, until they notice us, when it becomes an international news we will move on to the next phase,( I won't say it for now) all we have to do is to be smart, even if this one do not work we will find another strategy. Truth be told we can't change anything if we don't stop the problem ( our leaders). I know why I say so, there has never been an change in system or status quo of any nation that didn't come through a revolution. I know, cos this is my discipline, I'm a political scientists.

I'm happy we are going back into history. History in itself is a subject we don't take serious in this country and not just known history but the unknown history (that is the reason behind certain evils). It will help us if we really want to chart out something meaning for the future as youths else history will keep repeating itself Wether you are aware of it or not. There's a reason I like South Africa although they have their own setbacks they're developed. They didn't rush into independence like us, they kept on partnering with the whites. The Uk gave north the power over Nigeria because they didn't rush for independence and so found a loyal servant (glorified slaves). Oil is loved by the north that's why we can't practice true federalism and democracy. Let's even go deeper! Nigeria is an owned property we have to start seeing it like that first. It's just like someone buying a land in another person's community legally then after many years the children of the land want to claim the land back without any payment to the person that bought the land legally, on the authority that it was their land in the first place (it's not going to possible except there's war which I assure us we can't win). Nigeria is a brand name given to it by the bank that bought it the Royal Niger they have metamorphose into Unilever, UAC etc. Yes true peaceful change can start to happen if we actually key into our owners core values. I don't want to go deeper because it will start to enter some conspiracy theories kind of stuff although true will be very absurd to hear. So it goes beyond greed, corruption or governmental systems. I just want us as youths to do better regarding where we live and and throw away all forms of bitterness, hatred, religious bias, tribalism, selfishness etc etc.
Re: Demonization Of Tribe by Nobody: 3:16am On Jul 19, 2020
Nightwolves:
I've noticed 1 core problem of so called patriotic Nigerians. That problem is d demonization of TRIBALISM.

1st of all, d word itself is condescendin, insultin & colonial.

D Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Ijaw, Fulani etc are ETHNIC nations jst like d English, French Spanish, Italian and other such ETHNIC nations around d world.

It is wen u go within d IGBO NATION, 4 example, that u then find tribes wit their dialects of d same Igbo language. Like d Nkanu, Ngwa, Owere & other such Igbo tribes.

Why am i pointing this out? It because i believe that we mst 1st acknowledge that Nigeria is a union of many nations & then create a workable system that'll ensure peace & equity among those nations.

Shoutin ONE NIGERIA or UNITY OF NIGERIA IS NON-NEGOTIABLE or NO TRIBALISM won't solve our problems.

If Nigeria can entrench fairness & remain united, good. But if Nigeria continues 2favour only d British & their Fulani collaborators, it's time 4d IGBO, YORUBA, IJAW, BINI & other nations 2hv independence abeg, biko, ejor, mbok.

It is good that we all are in the same page, it is good that we understand what we really want, cos the way some of us are sounding it is as if we don't really know the focus of this movement, I believe that this movement is about making Nigeria better, it is about stopping corruption, it's about stopping injustice, it is about development, I Hope we all agree with this?

Now, I have seen some people write that these movement is not about revolution, nor it is about war,( of course it will be suicidal and stupid if we think we can fight the Nigeria army face to face) but let's make our selves care this movement (should) be about revolution and war, if not how do we think we are going to make Nigeria better and develop when the people who run the day to day activities of the nation are corrupt and are bent on using the country's resources for their personal gain.

No matter how we sensitise the people, no matter how we try to change this evil Nigerian culture ( selfishness, greediness, corruption, e.t.c) without removing or stoping those who controls and creates this environment, then we are just fooling ourselves, it will be like constantly pouring clean water into a dirty and contamination bucket hoping that the water will be clean, no! In other to make the water clean that bucket but be cleaned or changed, another example, this is like teaching students to read hard so that they won't sort again while the lecturer says he won't pass them unless they sort, what do you think will happen? If we think that we are going to bring change and development in Nigeria hoping not to challenge the leaders, then we are just playing here.

we can't match the Nigerian army with weapons, I agree, but there are many ways to fight a war, we can make the social media our battlefield, we can start there, we can shut down the Nigerian cyberspace with demands of what we want form the government ( it may be the new constitution we drafted or something from it) of course they are not going to do it knowing them, that's part of the plan we will do it for weeks or even months, we will make sure what we want gets international attention, we will make sure we tag CNN, BBC, or the major international news outlets, until they notice us, when it becomes an international news we will move on to the next phase,( I won't say it for now) all we have to do is to be smart, even if this one do not work we will find another strategy. Truth be told we can't change anything if we don't stop the problem ( our leaders). I know why I say so, there has never been an change in system or status quo of any nation that didn't come through a revolution. I know, cos this is my discipline, I'm a political scientists.

I'm happy we are going back into history. History in itself is a subject we don't take serious in this country and not just known history but the unknown history (that is the reason behind certain evils). It will help us if we really want to chart out something meaning for the future as youths else history will keep repeating itself Wether you are aware of it or not. There's a reason I like South Africa although they have their own setbacks they're developed. They didn't rush into independence like us, they kept on partnering with the whites. The Uk gave north the power over Nigeria because they didn't rush for independence and so found a loyal servant (glorified slaves). Oil is loved by the north that's why we can't practice true federalism and democracy. Let's even go deeper! Nigeria is an owned property we have to start seeing it like that first. It's just like someone buying a land in another person's community legally then after many years the children of the land want to claim the land back without any payment to the person that bought the land legally, on the authority that it was their land in the first place (it's not going to possible except there's war which I assure us we can't win). Nigeria is a brand name given to it by the bank that bought it the Royal Niger they have metamorphose into Unilever, UAC etc. Yes true peaceful change can start to happen if we actually key into our owners core values. I don't want to go deeper because it will start to enter some conspiracy theories kind of stuff although true will be very absurd to hear. So it goes beyond greed, corruption or governmental systems. I just want us as youths to do better regarding where we live and and throw away all forms of bitterness, hatred, religious bias, tribalism, selfishness etc etc.

One Nigeria is none negotiable ?
Where is bakassi ?

Two , if herdsmen and bandits where from Igbo would they be treated like they are today ? ....if deep down u know your answer is no ...then don't blame igbos for wanting biafra

1 Like

Re: Demonization Of Tribe by sageb: 4:20am On Jul 19, 2020
You are on point, succintly said @op

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why I’m Mr. Peter Obi Fanatic. / Can Nigeria Endure Another 3yrs Of These APC Government / IPOB Directs Media Personnel To Halt All Attacks On Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.