Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,918 members, 7,872,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:33 AM

BREAKING: N1.4bn Fraud: Court Strikes Out Four Charges Against Udom Emmanuel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: N1.4bn Fraud: Court Strikes Out Four Charges Against Udom Emmanuel (222 Views)

Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ / Akwa Ibom: Desist From From Smear Campaign Against Udom, Group Tells Oba / Sanusi Response To Ganduje's Query "N3.4bn Fraud" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: N1.4bn Fraud: Court Strikes Out Four Charges Against Udom Emmanuel by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 21, 2020
The Court of Appeal sitting in Lagos, on Friday struck out four of the 10 count charges filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC against Akwa Ibom State Governor, Udom Emmanuel, Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, President, Paul Usoro, SAN and two others over alleged N1.4 billion fraud.
Others mentioned in the charged include Akwa Ibom State Commissioner for Finance, Nsikan Nkan; Accountant-General of the state, Mfon Udomah; state Attorney-General, Uwemedimo Nwoko, and Margaret Ukpe.
Governor Emmanuel Udom was described in the charge as being “currently constitutionally immune from prosecution.” Justice Rilwan Aikawa of the Federal High Court, Lagos, had on May 30, 2019, dismissed an application filed by Udom, seeking to quash the entire charge preferred against Usoro and other defendants by the EFCC.
Justice Aikawa held then that Udom’s application lacked merit because he was not a party to the suit. Dissatisfied with the ruling, Udom’s lawyer, Dr Charles Mekwunye filed an appeal against the court’s decision.
The Court of Appeal on Friday in a unanimous judgement read by Justice Bello Aliyu allowed the appeal filed by Udom against the ruling of the Federal High Court.
The court subsequently nullified four of the 10 counts which particularly alluded to Governor Udom’s involvement in the alleged crime.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/breaking-alleged-n1-4bn-fraud-appeal-court-strikes-out-four-charges-against-gov-emmanuel-paul-usoro-others/

Re: BREAKING: N1.4bn Fraud: Court Strikes Out Four Charges Against Udom Emmanuel by Brandstudio01: 9:00am On Jul 21, 2020
I thing I can say is that our legal system is doing really well in fight against corruption.

Now I understand why Jonathan said stealing is not the mother of corruption in Nigeria
Re: BREAKING: N1.4bn Fraud: Court Strikes Out Four Charges Against Udom Emmanuel by ThatFairGuy1: 9:03am On Jul 21, 2020
hmmmn
Re: BREAKING: N1.4bn Fraud: Court Strikes Out Four Charges Against Udom Emmanuel by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 21, 2020
These politicians are heartless
Re: BREAKING: N1.4bn Fraud: Court Strikes Out Four Charges Against Udom Emmanuel by chatinent: 9:08am On Jul 21, 2020
Man's government can never solve man's problems.
Re: BREAKING: N1.4bn Fraud: Court Strikes Out Four Charges Against Udom Emmanuel by gambia(m): 9:09am On Jul 21, 2020
I rest my case on Naija. The country is done and dusted, if you know you know.
Re: BREAKING: N1.4bn Fraud: Court Strikes Out Four Charges Against Udom Emmanuel by Karlifate: 9:13am On Jul 21, 2020
Badmanne:

Governor Emmanuel Udom was described in the charge as being “currently constitutionally immune from prosecution.”
This "immunity" is more like a bane to justice in Nigeria.
Re: BREAKING: N1.4bn Fraud: Court Strikes Out Four Charges Against Udom Emmanuel by yanabasee1(m): 10:05am On Jul 21, 2020
Brandstudio01:
I thing I can say is that our legal system is doing really well in fight against corruption.

Now I understand why Jonathan said stealing is not the mother of corruption in Nigeria

Stealing is part of corruption....And not the only corruption that Nigerians practice.....

(1) (Reply)

Killing Of Soldiers - Resign Now Senate Orders Service Chiefs / Unpaid N-power Beneficiaries’ Account Details Exist With Other Mdas, Says Sadiya / Nigeria Could Be Renamed United States Of Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.