Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,277 members, 7,887,805 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:07 PM

Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) (5856 Views)

Highest Paid Dead Celebrities Of 2020 By Forbes (Photos) / 10 Hottest Nigerian Male Celebrities Of 2019 By Pulse / Best Dressed Nigerian Female Celebrities Of 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Iamgrey5(m): 4:14pm On Jul 21, 2020
post=91946423:
Daniel Lebern Glover and Forest Whitaker great men from Igbo tribe

Lalasticlala
Glover is not igbo and Whitaker is decedent of slave trade who traced his ancestors to Akan and igbo tribe.

1 Like

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Iamgrey5(m): 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2020
post=91944244:
Daniel Lebern Glover is an American actor, film director, and political activist.

https://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entertainment/Forest+Whitaker-65912.html
Glover is not igbo in anyway

Read the report you posted.

1 Like

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Iamgrey5(m): 4:21pm On Jul 21, 2020
post=91944296:
Blair Erwin Underwood is an American actor. He made his debut in the 1985 musical film Krush Groove and from 1987 to 1994 starred as attorney Jonathan Rollins in the NBC legal drama series L.A. Law.
How is this man an Igbo for God sake ! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Anambra1stS0n: 4:34pm On Jul 21, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Glover is not igbo in anyway

Read the report you posted.

grin grin

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Iamgrey5(m): 4:38pm On Jul 21, 2020
post=91952854:

grin grin
Are you this shameless grin

So Davido is also an igbo because he was given an honorary title in igbo land not so long ago.

Glover was given a tittle which is friends of igbo because he followed whitaker to igbo land

Bring out any information that supports your assertion.

1 Like

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Benwallt(m): 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2020
There should be a competition of supremacy between the east and the west to determine the alpha sophisticated tribe in Nigeria. The toe to toe results between the two is something else. I love the both anyway. We should both exit Nigeria to form a country. I have no doubt it will be the best country in the world.
Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Anambra1stS0n: 5:01pm On Jul 21, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Are you this shameless grin

So Davido is also an igbo because he was given an honorary title in igbo land not so long ago.

Glover was given a tittle which is friends of igbo because he followed whitaker to igbo land

Bring out any information that supports your assertion.
https://rediscoveringafricaheritage./african-descendants-dna-ancestry-results-%F0%9F%8C%B4%F0%9F%8C%B4/

3 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by hammer3: 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2020
T.D. JAKES

4 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Fabulousl0l(m): 6:39pm On Jul 21, 2020
post=91944044:
Sonny Corey Uwaezuoke, better known by his stage name Sonny Digital, is an American record producer, rapper, and DJ. He rose to prominence after producing YC's hit single "Racks" in 2011.

This guy look like wiz kalifia
Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Hintona(f): 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2020
Lol, it's paining the yorubas o

Anyway what's my own I'm not even Igbo whatever.

2 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by KOMOBOBO: 8:03pm On Jul 21, 2020
Iamgrey5:
You for add Chris brown naa

Neyo isn't igbo oh

Yes you're right... Neyo is an Afonja by Tribe.

You can keep him if you wish..

1 Like

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Iamgrey5(m): 8:24pm On Jul 21, 2020
KOMOBOBO:

what Is chimere in igbo language.
Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Ahamefuna0001(m): 8:53pm On Jul 21, 2020
Iamgrey5:

God has done it

So what's it in Yari.ba?

3 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Ahamefuna0001(m): 8:56pm On Jul 21, 2020
See how the children of than fallen demon has invaded this thread..
So sad..
Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Iamgrey5(m): 8:58pm On Jul 21, 2020
Ahamefuna0001:

God has done it
So what's it in Yari.ba?
Chuku mere ya
Chimere definition

1 Like

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Ahamefuna0001(m): 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Chuku mere ya
Chimere definition
How on earth would they name someone after a cloth??
Some people don't really deserve a reply

2 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Iamgrey5(m): 9:03pm On Jul 21, 2020
Ahamefuna0001:

Do you know the full meaning of shaffer which is his first name?

Do you his parents were both African American?

1 Like

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Iamgrey5(m): 9:07pm On Jul 21, 2020
Hintona:
Lol, it's paining the yorubas o

Anyway what's my own I'm not even Igbo whatever.
And you know it pained them how?
Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by KOMOBOBO: 9:39pm On Jul 21, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Chimere is an abbreviated form of Chimereze which could be loosely translated to mean ..

Chi - God / Guardian angel (or spirit)

Mere - did / create / made

Eze - King / Leader..

My purpose of replying to this post is not to convince you anyways cuz I know how Afonjas act or think when the subject of discussion is Igbo or Biafra, I'm doing this for clarity sake my dear.. good day.
Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by KOMOBOBO: 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2020
Ahamefuna0001:

Ignore the dude bro, he's prolly high on some cheap Lagos weed
Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Iamgrey5(m): 10:19pm On Jul 21, 2020
KOMOBOBO:
Chimere is an abbreviated form of Chimereze which could be loosely translated to mean ..

Chi - God / Guardian angel (or spirit)

Mere - did / create / made

Eze - King / Leader..

My purpose of replying to this post is not to convince you anyways cuz I know how Afonjas act or think when the subject of discussion is Igbo or Biafra, I'm doing this for clarity sake my dear.. good day.
Chimere not chimereze

Just because you want to claim someone
not even related to Nigeria

Neyo is black AMERICAN WHOSE PARENTS ARE EVEN MIXED RACE.
Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by a4cube: 12:52am On Jul 22, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Chimere not chimereze

Just because you want to claim someone
not even related to Nigeria

Neyo is black AMERICAN WHOSE PARENTS ARE EVEN MIXED RACE.

Chimera is short form of Chimereze just like Nkechi is short form Nkechinyere, Emeka is short form of Chukwuemeka or Nnaemeka, Ifeanyi or Iheanyi short form of Ifeanyichukwu/Iheanyichukwu.

1 Like

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by SweetyMarvel00(m): 2:11am On Jul 22, 2020
Are you a writer and you wish to build a career in movie script writing? Do you want your script to be a sold out one to top movie producers and film productions across Africa? Do want to write a movie script that will attract top producers like AY, Audu of Ebony life TV, Kemi Adebati? Then you 've got the right person here... reach me DEECHE on WhatsAPP 09037689230.

You will be thoroughly taught A-Z guide, with practical examples on how to write a top notch movie script that will launch you into a script writing career in Africa, with as low as 2k, within one to two months. Remember that script writing is a skill and you must know the nitty gritties, I cant wait to meet you, let's learn and take your writing skills to the next level.

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Salewa95: 1:30pm On Jul 24, 2020
Lol when the Yorubas did theirs, they included A-list Artists that has up to 20 Grammies while the Igbos went on to choose Artists that are not even up to Wizkid level.

Now Igbos are including African Americans that trace their ancestry DNA as Igbos. The likes of TD JAkes, Daniel Glover, Forest Whitaker and etc.

Even Oprah Winfrey traced her DNA to Liberia, Cameroon, and Zambia.

TD JAkes Parents Odith, and Ernest Sr. are African American and he traced his DNA ancestry to both Hausa and Igbo.

Below is a list of Yoruba Hollywood Celebrities:
Below is just Yoruba Hollywood celebs and Musicians alone. Mind you, they are still counting!

1) Sade Adu
2) Sikiru Adepoju
3) Kevin Olusola
4) Seal
5) Lekan Babalola
6) Chamillionaire
7) Babatunde Olatunji
cool Skepta
9) Rotimi
10) JME
11) Wale
12) Tosin Abasi
13) Dayo Okeniyi
14) Keziah Jones
15) Tunde Baiyewu
16) Toks Olagundoye
17) Alex Lanipekun
18) John Boyega
19) Adepero Oduye
20) Hakeem Kae-Kazim
21) Adetomiwa Edun
22) Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje
23) Gbenga Akinnagbe
24) O. T. Fagbenle
25) Anthony Alabi
26) Rick Famuyiwa
27) Hope Olaide Wilson
28) Jovan Adepo
29) Richard Ayoade
30) Angélique Kidjo
31) Donald Faison
32) Ariyon Bakare
33) David Oyelowo
34) Mo Jamil
35) KSI
36) Yetide Badaki
37) Pepi Sonuga
38) Sam Adegoke
39) Razaaq Adoti
40) David Ajala
41) Tosin Cole
42) Charles Babalola
43) Damson Idris
44) Isaach de Bankolé
45) Fola Evans Akingbola
46) Nina Sosanya
47) Ṣọpẹ Dirisu
48) Taye Diggs
49) Michael Luwoye
50) Jimmy Akingbola
51) Folake Olowofoyeku
52) Shola Adewusi
53) Bayo Akinfemi
54) olubunmi mia olufemi
55) Victor oladokun
56) Michael babalola
57) Wunmi Mosaku
58) Daniel Adegboyega
59) Jumoke Debayo
60) Ade (Played Tyrone in the movie Snatch)
61) Femi Elufowoju Jr.
62) Akintola Jiboyewa
63) Tunde Laleye
64) Sade Baderinwa
65) Obba Babatundé
66) Tayo Elesin
67) Rakie Ayola
68) Deborah Ayorinde
69) Grace Ayorinde
70) Fumi Desalu-Vold
71) Abdul Ayoola
72) Raymond Olubawale
73) Akin Omotoso
74) Samuel Abiola Robinson
75) Dotun Adebayo
76) Michael Olowokandi
77) Bobby Ologun
78) Oluwadamilola Oshodi
79) Toyin Odutola
80) Sola Adeyemi
81) Michael Adegoke
82) Adelayo Adedayo
83) Peter Bankole
Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Salewa95: 1:30pm On Jul 24, 2020
Okay
Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Trutharenas: 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2020
post=91946423:
Daniel Lebern Glover and Forest Whitaker great men from Igbo tribe

Lalasticlala

Daniel Glover and Forest Whitaker are not Igbos. You have finished grabbing the SS, now it's African American right?

Check their profile on wiki. Both their parents are African American!

Forest Steven Whitaker was born on July 15, 1961, in Longview, Texas, the son of Laura Francis (née Smith), a special education teacher who put herself through college and earned two master's degrees while raising her children, and Forest E. Whitaker Jr., an insurance salesman.

2 Likes

Re: Top Hollywood Celebrities Of Igbo Origin (updated) by Trutharenas: 2:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
KOMOBOBO:

Shut up Liar. Neyo traced his DNA to Africa. He is of European and Africa DNA and nowhere was it mentioned that he is Igbo.

Neyo Parent names are Lorraine and Shaffer Smith. Both African American!

Both of his parents are African American!

Exactly How Oprah Winfrey claimed African DNA when she said she is Cameroon and Liberian in her DNA.

Lil Wayne Claim Nigerian Ancestry DNA too

TD Jakes claim Hausa and Igbo DNA ancestry.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

''john Dumelo Is My Boyfriend'' - Yvonne Nelson Dumps Ice Prince(look) / Vision In White: Kim Kardashian’s Booty In Yet Another Jaw Dropping Dress. / What You Never Knew About Dino Melaye’s Baby Mama, Actress Bisi Ibidapo-obe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.