Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,358 members, 7,940,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 03:13 AM

How Do I Get My Money Back From This Landlord - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do I Get My Money Back From This Landlord (457 Views)

31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get My Money Back From This Landlord by pheelhip(m): 11:46am On Jul 21, 2020
Good day Nairalanders

So I got a Job with a firm in a another state, I had to squat with my mum's friend for a month pending the time I will get my own accommodation, my search for house rent began. I reject so many offers, dent houses, high fee, house with no water only for me to get hooked up with one.

I was told there's a well beside the house but I wasn't told the well do dry off during dry season and hunt and request for water will be too high. I was told so many lies only for me to pay and after the payment, I started knowing wassup about the house but I haven't packed in nor filled any agreement form.

2days after considering the whole stuff, I decided to ask for a refund but was told the money has been slotted, only if I could wait for another tenant to come that I will then be refunded. I asked when is it likely for another tenant to come in, i was told they dont know.

is there any other means of getting my money refunded quick, or what advice would you all give me as regards that. The person incharge of the house refused to come put plainly until I paid. plus theres no water in the house.

I'm just sick of the whole stuff.
what do I do?
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From This Landlord by Heineken(m): 11:47am On Jul 21, 2020
Wow. This one hard. Let's wait for the elders to come bro...
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From This Landlord by Chris525: 11:54am On Jul 21, 2020
When exactly did you make the payment?
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From This Landlord by pheelhip(m): 11:59am On Jul 21, 2020
Chris525:
When exactly did you make the payment?
last week, payment is upto a week now
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From This Landlord by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 21, 2020
you can use the police to request for your refund. But u will go on to loose most part of the fee.
Its hard task for one to fall into the wrong hands of agent. they sweet talk sense where their is none.
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From This Landlord by Chris525: 12:20pm On Jul 21, 2020
How much is the money? Were you issued a receipt after payment?

pheelhip:

last week, payment is upto a week now
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From This Landlord by pheelhip(m): 12:31pm On Jul 21, 2020
Chris525:
How much is the money? Were you issued a receipt after payment?

80k, yes receipt of payment was issued
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From This Landlord by pheelhip(m): 12:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
Fulaniherdmens:
you can use the police to request for your refund. But u will go on to loose most part of the fee.
Its hard task for one to fall into the wrong hands of agent. they sweet talk sense where their is none.
this stuff just week me, I'm too soft for this stress
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From This Landlord by Chris525: 12:36pm On Jul 21, 2020
If payment is for a year, why not, just move in. Its raining season now, enjoy it & prepare for dry season. You'll survive.

pheelhip:
80k, yes receipt of payment was issued
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From This Landlord by pheelhip(m): 9:31pm On Feb 22, 2021
Chris525:

If payment is for a year, why not, just move in. Its raining season now, enjoy it & prepare for dry season. You'll survive.

Hey
its almost 9months now, i did be leaving here soon
thanks for your keen advice but me and this landlord or agent fii get problem ooo
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From This Landlord by Chris525: 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2021
Wow. How time flies grin

What would the problem be brother?

pheelhip:
Hey
its almost 9months now, i did be leaving here soon
thanks for your keen advice but me and this landlord or agent fii get problem ooo

(1) (Reply)

Home Stainless Steel Railings - Beautify Your Home With Handrail / 5 Bedroom Duplex Available For Sale In Lagos / City Light Estate..... Buy 5 And Get 1 Free With Good Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.