Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,533 members, 7,944,570 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 07:12 PM

The Static Signpost - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Static Signpost (128 Views)

CAC Is Signpost Of Pentecostal Christianity In Nigeria- Prof. Osinbajo / English Is Not Your Mate . See What A Pastor Wrote On A Church Signpost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Static Signpost by Glopatience(f): 2:12pm On Jul 21, 2020
Written by: Edet Crownofglory Patience

Have you ever come across a signpost?

A signpost is a platform erected at a strategic point, whose job is to display and pass a piece of information to passers - by.

A signpost has varieties of usefulness.

� It gives directions to people.

� It saves people the stress of getting lost e.t.c

However, do you know some funny things about a signpost?

� As much value as it carries, it is left static, stranded and stinking.

� It only gives directions to people and end up not going to the venue itself, no matter how beautiful the venue is.

� It cares about people but much people don't care about it e.t.c

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

Who is a Conductor?

I mean a bus Conductor in Nigeria. Most times I see these conductors call in people into vehicles and end up not going with these vehicles to the said destination.

Oh my world!

Well, that's what they're paid for anyways.

By the way, which of these two categories do you belong?

It is my daily prayer to God not to be either of these two; CONDUCTOR and SIGNPOST.

After directing people to the way of the cross, how will you feel if at the end of the day you miss your place in eternity - a glorious home?

God forbid, you said?

Amen! I pray that God forbids that from happening.

Do you know that faith without work is useless?

What and what are you putting in place so as not to be like these instructional materials above?

How do you live your life daily, with or without heaven in view?

As a preacher of the gospel, are you living your life based on your preaching or you live your life on the basis of "do as I say, don't do as I do?". The Lord is the only right Judge.

My prayer everyday is to receive the grace to live my life to please Him and not men. I pray to live for Him and not for myself.

I still look up to Him because I am nothing without Him.

Many times I endure a lot of reproaches for the sakes of the cross, yet, I haven't done anything worthy of Him. As much as I live gracefully.

My words to you today is to live up to the name you bear - Christian; little Christ.

Does your actions and behaviour prove to people that you're an ambassador of Christ?

I am still on this course, walking and praying for His grace to live up to that precious name.

It's rather unfortunate that people no longer read meaning to that name, whereas the first apostles that earned that name worked for it.

What do you think about this?

Are you really a Christian?

Is there more to being a Christian than it seem?

I'll like to read from you.

Please, share your thoughts.

God bless you for being a "little Christ"

©Crownofglory - Global Influencer
Content Creator||•Editor||•Copywriter||•Ghostwriter||•Blogger||•Self/Purpose Discovery Coach

(1) (Reply)

Ibef - International Bilateral Economic Forum / Eid-el-kabir: Sultan Issues Strong Warning To Muslims / Deal With That Weakness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.