Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,330 members, 7,929,050 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 08:23 AM

Freedom Vs. Magic - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Freedom Vs. Magic (950 Views)

Free Internet Browsing Using Your-freedom Client. / Internet Freedom At Ease With Mtn / Multilinks Telcom+ Freedom: Freee Browsing.todays screen Shot. Inc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Freedom Vs. Magic by 11thHour(m): 5:38pm On Feb 07, 2011
Hi All,
A friend sent this to me and i'm finding it really interesting.
Freedom vs. Magic
With the recent intensity in competition amongst telecoms operators and the different tariff alternatives for customers to select from, choosing the right mobile operator can sometimes prove difficult for any regular customer. As a noble citizen of this country and caring about the pockets of my fellow brothers and sisters, I took the pain to do an in-depth analysis and comparison of the new MTN and Airtel offers using my different calling scenarios. We need to know what we are paying for and be able to make the right choices. I hope this would guide you to making the right choice.
Did you know that when you make a 5 minutes call within your network on MTN it costs you N6 more than on Airtel meaning that you can save over N6 each time you make that 5 minutes call. This might not seem like much but if you make a large volume of calls like me, it adds up in the end. Did you also know that if you call for 5 minutes outside your network on Airtel, it costs you N90 less than on MTN because Airtel has a flat rate of 20k/sec after the first minute charged at 60k/sec across all networks while MTN is still charging a ridiculous 58k/sec to all other networks? We should MTN be ripping me off me when I call my family and friends on Airtel, Glo or Etisalat? After all we are one united country, why should not have different rates across different networks, MTN should learn from Airtel and the other operators and respect our right to communicate across networks.
If you are a business man like me and you make calls to foreign countries like USA, Airtel’s 2Good gives you discounted rates, over the Christmas period I also enjoyed discounts to Canada, China and India on Airtel. MTN also gives the same amount of discounts but only allows customers to select one of these countries. This might be convenient for individuals that have one or two family members in one country but does it satisfy all our needs? Why are they throwing dust into our eyes?
I like the liberty to make calls at night to my wife when I’m away in another part of Nigeria on a business trip. Most times these meetings can get so tedious that I only get to catch my breath around 11pm. The fantastic thing is that Airtel gives me free calls every day from 11pm so I can talk at length with my wife recounting the events of the day. Unfortunately on MTN, I have to stay up till 12.30am if I want to make calls for free. Airtel also allows me get discounted calls to 10 family and friends through the day which is much more than the option of 6 which MTN gives. This means more than enough value on my Airtel line from my discounts to 10 family and friends as well as free night calls from 11pm.
MTN has just introduced a magic number on two of its packages which gives free calls for 30 days upon payment of N250. Did it ever occur to us that for a very long time the network has had the most expensive rates and finally they can take the liberty to try and compensate us for the extortion? In any case how can this be free when I have to pay N250 every month to be able to enjoy that privilege and if that person wants to call me and enjoy the benefit he / she will also have to pay N250 upfront every month? This is clearly magic in every sense because as we know magicians are illusionists and not genuine.
Finally, because business takes me around the world, I was quite ecstatic when One Network was launched for the first time on the Airtel network in 22 countries in Africa and the Middle East. MTN also launched One World months after but the service was Slimited only to 8 African countries.
Re: Freedom Vs. Magic by dailydolla4u(m): 9:49pm On Feb 11, 2011
I'll Pls want u 2 tell me the plan u are on airtel that enable u 2 talk free 4rm 11pm. Cos when i try coolmax that used 2 give free nit call and weekend, i was told that d plan was on longer avalable. But wit MTN i can stil make nit cal. Even if d magic is #500 a month is still better than. Airtel that was #100 for weekends only which comes to 8 days at most 10 days a month @ #400 or #500 in a month wit five Sat. And Sun.

(1) (Reply)

Get Ur Latest Pc Games Here! / Iphone 4S ,32gig, FACTORY UNLOCKED For 105k / US Used Apple Ipad Store...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.