Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,351 members, 7,891,560 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 03:00 PM

Has Anyone Ever Attempted Writing A Book/short Story? Also Would You? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Has Anyone Ever Attempted Writing A Book/short Story? Also Would You? (185 Views)

Nigerian Attempted Suicide In Bahrain / DISGRACED Ex-beauty Queen And Ex-wife Of Fani-kayode Docked For Attempted Murder / How Hushpuppi Attempted To Scam Christiano Ronaldo Of €4m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Ever Attempted Writing A Book/short Story? Also Would You? by star255: 1:06pm On Jul 22, 2020
Really curious if anyone has every written or attempted to write a book or short story?

If you have how old were you, were they good, dhow do you loo back on them? Fondly? With cringe?

I used to write fantasy when I was 13 - 14, I used to write many short stories set in my own world I created. It was loads of fun, unfortunately those stories are terrible and my grammar was so bad back then due to my dyslexia and such.

To this day I always wished I could write and create stories, I love the idea of world building and have wanted to really get back into writing some good fantasy having been heavily inspired by the many books I have been reading over the last few years.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Attempted Writing A Book/short Story? Also Would You? by Albert65565: 1:07pm On Jul 22, 2020
Yes.

My first attempt is/was rather cringey. I imagined that shit up back when I was teen (now over 30years old) and wrote quite a bit of it, but eventually quit. In fact, a few years ago, I rewrote that thing and made it less cringey and wrote twice as far, but my interest to it was dwindling as I noticed it was still too cringey. In its core, it was still stuff I thought up as a teen.

At some point I also wrote a story of about 36 chapters with about ~10-15 pages long each(so a few hundred pages in total). That I actually wrote from start to end. It was entirely due to my desire to see, if I could do something like that. Its technically a small book. I sometimes read trough it, but I can see lot of flaws in it. I eventually started a sequel that I didn't think far enough and eventually ran into spot where i lost interest to it.

Right now, I'm extremely slowly writing something far bigger. I'm not aiming very high quality with it since, I know how well I can write and going too far would be a problem. I would still call myself amateur at best. I'm truly aiming for hundreds of chapters, perhaps over thousand. I'm aiming far enough quality that I might in fact be able to make some money with it, but whether that works or not remains to be seen. If not, it gets to be a hobby. I'm also nowhere far enough to put it out yet either.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Attempted Writing A Book/short Story? Also Would You? by TheWalkingMind: 1:29pm On Jul 22, 2020
star255:
Really curious if anyone has every written or attempted to write a book or short story?

If you have how old were you, were they good, dhow do you loo back on them? Fondly? With cringe?

I used to write fantasy when I was 13 - 14, I used to write many short stories set in my own world I created. It was loads of fun, unfortunately those stories are terrible and my grammar was so bad back then due to my dyslexia and such.

To this day I always wished I could write and create stories, I love the idea of world building and have wanted to really get back into writing some good fantasy having been heavily inspired by the many books I have been reading over the last few years.

I wrote a novella. I was what, 19 then.

These days I'm more interested in exploration. And I very much hope to write about angels one day. I write fictions only.

I can write books too. I've got one on my mind.

Speaking of grammar, it's nothing to worry about. I can help improve yours if you're having a problem with it.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Attempted Writing A Book/short Story? Also Would You? by morningstar122: 6:14am On Jul 24, 2020
I was interested in it once. But after several tries I understood how hard is it. I barely finished the introdution of my little story So I decided to try myself in book/painting review writings. It's connected only to the main object you describe and it doesn't requires to create any characters etc. I started checking different reviews like Social Psychology Essay Help and figured out wich instruments and methods are used for that. It's getting easier for me so I think it's exacltly what I like doing.

(1) (Reply)

Get Your MTN Data At A Cheaper Rate / Covid 19: Ministry Launches App Development Challenge To Fire Up Creativity In Y / The Three Notorious Nigerian Kidnappers Arrested In Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.