Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,962 members, 7,933,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 04:52 AM

Ondo 2020: Eyitayo Jegede Wins PDP Primary - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo 2020: Eyitayo Jegede Wins PDP Primary (33555 Views)

BREAKING: Jegede Wins!!!!! / Ondo Election 2020: Eyitayo Jegede Will Defeat Akeredolu – Tambuwal / Pictures From Eyitayo Jegede/Gboluga Campaign Rally In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo 2020: Eyitayo Jegede Wins PDP Primary by iHart(m): 1:01pm On Jul 23, 2020
friday2011:

I think they will likely offer him the deputy slot and that will strengthen PDP's chances.
will he accept to be a deputy again?
Re: Ondo 2020: Eyitayo Jegede Wins PDP Primary by friday2011(m): 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2020
iHart:
will he accept to be a deputy again?

grin its better than nothing.
Re: Ondo 2020: Eyitayo Jegede Wins PDP Primary by BabaRamota1980: 1:38pm On Jul 23, 2020
Reference:

What does it mean for democracy. That is what matters. That is your only benefit in the whole exercise. We need to stop chasing individuals and lend our supoort to processes and institutions.

Strengthen them for democratic deliverables. Let us stop this idolatry that only breeds feudalism and creates monsters of elected officials.

I personally donot give a rat's ass about who will be elected or not since Nigerian politicians are not idealogues.

Aketi cannot survive 2020. With Abuja power behind him in 2016 he did not beat Jegede convincingly. Oke in AD diluted the polls and caused Jegede loss. Feel the pause of Ondo people. It says it all. There is no process far better than the reality of the grassroot. Jegede is taking Ondo. Aketi killed himself in 2019 when supported an AA candidate against his own APC Senatorial pick. He is about to get taste of what that is like. Plus Abuja is not behind him this time and Tinubu has also chosen to stay out and neutral. Aketi isAin politics, but he is not a politician.
Re: Ondo 2020: Eyitayo Jegede Wins PDP Primary by Johnnyessence(m): 2:17pm On Jul 23, 2020
alabi484:

Not with what he did to his former boss, that disloyalty is too much
yes.

1 Like

Re: Ondo 2020: Eyitayo Jegede Wins PDP Primary by raybaba97(m): 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2020
textilemania:

Your last paragraph tho! Was it not same jegede that contest against Aketi at the last guber? lol
Jegede will be floored again but I believe the margin won't be as it was in the last election.

Yeah. But Jegede has a lot of factors working against him the same way Aketi does.

It won't be as easy as you'd think. Like someone already commented, Aketi also had all the characters Jegede exhibited before he turned into something else.

It's like the Buhari factor. Despite the people's hatred for Buhari, he still won the 2019 election:
1: because his opponent was as bad as him.
2: because people weren't willing to repeat the mistake that brought him into power with Atiku.

Let's just say Ondo will be a tough fight for everyone.
Re: Ondo 2020: Eyitayo Jegede Wins PDP Primary by raybaba97(m): 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
Walelavender:
This is how party politics should be. Cross carpeting isn't new to politicking in Nigeria but displacing those you met,who have laboured for the party,over time, shouldn't be encouraged.

Handing Ajayi the ticket would have been very unfair, because four years ago, Eyitayo Jegede was a strong candidate, going into the election, if not for Jimoh Ibrahim & Alimodu Sheriff's antics, he would have given Aketi, a good run for his money.

Btw, what if Ajayi,was sent by Aketi to go destabilize the opposition, knowing he won't get the ticket, but just to cause some kasala grin, going into the election. These politicians are capable of anything. Just thinking aloud grin

I support Agbo, but even I was reluctant to support him for the primary. It would have created an unfortunate precedent in Ondo state.

Such things shouldn't be encouraged

1 Like

Re: Ondo 2020: Eyitayo Jegede Wins PDP Primary by KenModi(m): 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2020
ogbuefi677:

You are probably not grounded in Nairaland politics section.
The dude you quoted was just mocking the dude he mentioned cos the dude he mentioned is one of the APC paid hacks hacks here but was campaigning against Akeredolu b4 the primaries that Ondo ppl should reject him cos he has an Igbo wife.

Ahhhh! I see now.
Re: Ondo 2020: Eyitayo Jegede Wins PDP Primary by cpu2006(m): 4:50pm On Jul 23, 2020
Ajayi Ajayi Ajayi
How many times I call you?
Just impeach your boss & become Governor.
That is the only way for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu To Opponents: Let’s See Who Wins / Buhari In Early Lead In Kwara; Wins In Eight Out Of Nine Lgas / Pray For Pope Francis - President Buhari Ask Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.