Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,316 members, 7,943,781 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 01:18 AM

Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents (41749 Views)

FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant / Muhammad Nami: FIRS Plans Stamp Duty Palliatives For Tenants / Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by DICKstractor: 11:36am On Jul 23, 2020
SarkinYarki:

Remember the Govt collects land use charge annually on every property and that cost is part already part of the rent tenants pay
So why this unnecessary addition of tax in form of stamp duty. Did we do anything bad in being Nigerians? If we did anything bad, havnt we paid enough or is it a lifetime thing. I have given up on this country a long time ago. Nothing is working here at all. What's the different between Nigeria and a jungle?
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by tendyjohn(m): 11:36am On Jul 23, 2020
Inside pandemic? This country need better resetting. . .
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by mrchineke: 11:36am On Jul 23, 2020
joyandfaith:

they want to tax poor people to death

One of my poor cousins just born twins at 51 y/o.

Do the poor have sense?
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by afroxyz: 11:37am On Jul 23, 2020
We can keep complaining on nairaland and shooting on twitter. Until we take to the streets nothing will change. Until we keep fortifying our tribal enclaves nothing will happen. Until we realize that our religious leaders are part of this scam nothing would change. Keep complaining instead of taking action.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by dokwesi(m): 11:37am On Jul 23, 2020
We are clearly a country of misplaced priorities. Leaders have run out endless thinking abilities to turnaround the economy of this Country. They now want to squeeze the poor masses for a 6% stamp duty. Meanwhile The tenant still pays for stamp duty on any financial transaction originating from his bank account.

Please can they let us know the difference between a land use charge for a property and the stamp duty
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by ojun50(m): 11:37am On Jul 23, 2020
dotedote:

Who lied to you & who are you lying to ?
It's well with those who have faith in him, my son

1 Like

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by afroxyz: 11:38am On Jul 23, 2020
mrchineke:

One of my poor cousins just born twins at 51 y/o.

Do the poor have sense?
How many kids did they have prior to the twins?
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by moh1(m): 11:39am On Jul 23, 2020
habba FIRS is it a cream not to have house of ur own now.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by bkool7(m): 11:39am On Jul 23, 2020
We, have to hustle and toil to fund their opulent and luxurious life style
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by haprol4u(m): 11:40am On Jul 23, 2020
This government is heartless. This is all they could do in the hardship the masses are going through. 6% stamp duty while most tenants are owing rent?
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by DICKstractor: 11:40am On Jul 23, 2020
Denko2721987:

You are asking a question u already know the answer. Let them just one day mistakenly probe the FIRS or CBN, and people may just run mad with the wanton revelations of misappropriation of funds and people's hard earned sweat. No be this Nigeria again before?
Sometimes we do or say things to comfort and give ourselves hope that there is actually light at the end of the tunnel. But Nigeria is not even fit to be called a tunnel with two sides. It's like a bottomless pit. The more you go, they darker it becomes.
I was watching a video the other day, whether it's the house of assembly or rep, the told them to account for some money missing, they were just faking fainting. Like what the fvck is wrong in this country. Where did we go wrong
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by SarkinYarki: 11:42am On Jul 23, 2020
DICKstractor:

So why this unnecessary addition of tax in form of stamp duty. Did we do anything bad in being Nigerians? If we did anything bad, havnt we paid enough or is it a lifetime thing. I have given up on this country a long time ago. Nothing is working here at all. What's the different between Nigeria and a jungle?

Bro this is just brazen theft and wickedness that should be challenged in court

1 Like

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by edoairways: 11:43am On Jul 23, 2020
Cumtroller:
God Punish Buhari..

Landlords should focus on collecting rents instead of this bullshit. Are they tax collectors?

If my landlord brings this up I will just delay rent till his brain resets. My neighbor is kuku owing 3 years rent sef

Once again, God Punish Buhari
Your landlord will add it to the rent

1 Like

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 23, 2020
Always looking for ways to impoverish people.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 23, 2020
moh1:
habba FIRS is it a cream not to have house of ur own now.

This does not apply to the 1%.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by AreaFada2: 11:45am On Jul 23, 2020
Zombies, I throway salute o.

See as una handwork dey fine. 6% tax on rent is truly next level. Sadly many zombies na squatters with their parents. They won't pay or collect rent.

I hope dem include face-me-I-slap-you for the tax too. Make e for affect some few zombies that can afford rent, most likely to live in passage house one room.

Poverty is not a crime. But to choose to remain in poverty as a zombie by voting in a blind govt, is worse than a crime. grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Denko2721987(m): 11:45am On Jul 23, 2020
DICKstractor:

Sometimes we do or say things to comfort and give ourselves hope that there is actually light at the end of the tunnel. But Nigeria is not even fit to be called a tunnel with two sides. It's like a bottomless pit. The more you go, they darker it becomes.
I was watching a video the other day, whether it's the house of assembly or rep, the told them to account for some money missing, they were just faking fainting. Like what the fvck is wrong in this country. Where did we go wrong

Its the most unfortunate nation on the surface of the planet.. A nation planted by the river side yet constantly dying of thirst. This country is officially all man for himself.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by walexsho(m): 11:46am On Jul 23, 2020
them dey mad and wiseless...
what if I own a house and I connive with my Tenants to say they were living in the house on charity.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by DICKstractor: 11:47am On Jul 23, 2020
SarkinYarki:

Bro this is just brazen theft and wickedness that should be challenged in court
Nothing is working here bro. This government doesn't obey court orders. As it stands now, we don't have a credible court. The government is in control of the court.
We, Nigerians are the only solution to this maltreatment. Until we get fed up of this bullshit, nothing will happen

1 Like

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 23, 2020
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Burgerlomo: 11:48am On Jul 23, 2020
But why are Nigerian leaders so heartless? Why?
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Perfecttouchade: 11:49am On Jul 23, 2020
Let's give that ur building a lovely look with our aluminium window, we also render fabrication of bathroom doors, curtain walls and others. . Tel 08153665659 WhatsApp

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by tradebot: 11:49am On Jul 23, 2020
It can not work. They should make use of the money they have first.. Me I will protest, I can't pay 6%.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Skmoda360(m): 11:49am On Jul 23, 2020
This bastard government borrow money now na we the citizens go con suffer am.....no be only 6%
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by DICKstractor: 11:50am On Jul 23, 2020
Denko2721987:

Its the most unfortunate nation on the surface of the planet.. A nation planted by the river side yet constantly dying of thirst. This country is officially all man for himself.
We blessed with the best raw materials that any country could ask for but yet, yet!!
God, I'm so pained right now...
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Just2endowed2(m): 11:54am On Jul 23, 2020
Viscy:
Some countries are advicing landlords to reduce or even forgo some months house rent in order to reduce the effect of Corvid 19 epidemic on the masses. But the government in this part of the world keeps burdening and taxing her citizen on all fronts.

This 'next level' no be here o.

Nigerian Debt will be paid by current generation and those yet to be born. WELCOME TO THE animal Farm
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by plaetton: 11:55am On Jul 23, 2020
The legislative branch of government are the bodies that have exclusive responsibility to impose new taxes , not FIRS , a mere agency of government.

Someone should please correct me if I am wrong.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Akmike1983: 11:58am On Jul 23, 2020
Tell the wicked it shall not be well with them!!! After embezzling our Tax and resources money u want to bounce on our income that is not even enough!!!!! What a wiked souls

1 Like

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Pabloicardi: 12:02pm On Jul 23, 2020
Iamdemola:
People should brace up. We are in for a hard time in this country. embarassed
God will punish this people they won't die well

1 Like

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Difrent: 12:05pm On Jul 23, 2020
igboamakaaa:

Truly, Nigerians and their buisnesses thrive to survive "in spite" of their government. Clearly, this union isn't working, Its it a civic duty for us all to clamour for the dissolution of this contraption, so we can all manage our resources to the best of our abilities as different tribal groups.

These types of duties and other charges, taxes and levies is what will give whatever country you eventually find yourself the funds needed to run the type government you desire , people pay all these things overseas but Nigerians don't want to pay it YET marvel at the wonders these charges create abroad makes me wonder if NIGERIANS really want this country to progress

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

4 Storey Building Collapsed, Many Trapped Inside, In Anambra (graphic Pics) / Hardship: 4 Ways To Build Houses Without Or With Little Cement / "Please Piss Here, Ogun Needs It": Hilarious Inscription On A Fence In Jos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.