Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,588 members, 7,975,311 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 09:37 PM

Should I Join The Army Or Continue My Degree - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Join The Army Or Continue My Degree (638 Views)

Should I resign or continue? / Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree / Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Join The Army Or Continue My Degree by Blackestjunior(m): 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2020
I am an energetic young man of 18years of age.. At this point of my life am confused not knowing the career to pursue
I want to join the Nigerian Army it has been my dream since childhood , but i don't want to join as a recruit, I tried NDA once but I failed and instead I was admitted to one of the Federal University and now it seems joining through NDA is as good as impossible, cause of some reason like connection and the funds. I don't know if I should continue my degree in Geology and finish or Join the Nigerian army as a recruit by next year, since the NDA route has become impossible to follow now.
Someone might say I should finish my degree the afterwards I should join but by then I would have pass the age limit.
Guys please I need your advice.
Re: Should I Join The Army Or Continue My Degree by SUPERPACK: 1:20pm On Jul 23, 2020
So with the whole bad news of sabotage and wasting of youthful soldiers in the fight against bokoharam going on, you still wish to become a soldier? Even when soldiers are retiring up and down. Better put your energy into something productive and better unless you want us to see your news in Nairaland front page.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Join The Army Or Continue My Degree by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2020
Complete your degree first then join the army,you would have a good standing then..but they would still drill you sha.Maybe you do your masters at NDA.Don't mind the guy at the top,if some people are not defending this country sovereignty we would all have be slaves to bokoharam.Although I hate wearing uniform I would have love to join the armoured Corp or the Unmanned flight unit.
Re: Should I Join The Army Or Continue My Degree by mankayzee09: 2:05pm On Jul 23, 2020
Blackestjunior:
I am an energetic young man of 18years of age.. At this point of my life am confused not knowing the career to pursue
I want to join the Nigerian Army it has been my dream since childhood , but i don't want to join as a recruit, I tried NDA once but I failed and instead I was admitted to one of the Federal University and now it seems joining through NDA is as good as impossible, cause of some reason like connection and the funds. I don't know if I should continue my degree in Geology and finish or Join the Nigerian army as a recruit by next year, since the NDA route has become impossible to follow now.
Someone might say I should finish my degree the afterwards I should join but by then I would have pass the age limit.
Guys please I need your advice.

You don't have to go through NDA, you can either join by DSSC or SSC, just focus on your study and watch out for opening. You don't need God father, God himself is a father, of it's your call, it will come through, just try the DSSC or SSC twice, if it's not coming forth, accept it's not what God wants for you, change your focus .

I wish you well
Re: Should I Join The Army Or Continue My Degree by c4tnoelz: 2:45pm On Jul 23, 2020
NDA isn't as it used to be bruh... It's intertwined with politics now and lots of brave soldiers are being wasted. For me its not worth it. But if u insist go ahead
Re: Should I Join The Army Or Continue My Degree by davillian(m): 11:06pm On Jul 23, 2020
Pls join
Nigeria needs you grin
You will get first hand war experience in maiduguri grin....

(1) (Reply)

Closed / Am I Being Overworked Or Not? / Any Hope For Gas Engineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.