Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,893 members, 7,980,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 06:21 AM

4 Simplified Steps To Building A Business From Scratch Pt.2 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 4 Simplified Steps To Building A Business From Scratch Pt.2 (142 Views)

My Journey To Building A Multi-million Naira Brand In 2 Years / 4 Simplified Steps To Building A Business From Scratch (pt. 1) / How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Simplified Steps To Building A Business From Scratch Pt.2 by Iverenne: 5:31pm On Jul 23, 2020
Continuing from part 1, these are insider insights to building a business that you must have to be a success and are important for anyone with an idea/vision. It can be applied in any field. Business related or not.

Step 3 to building: Strategize
This is easy and has to do with finding out what you need to do to get to where you want to go. You already know where you want to go from step 1. Now you just want to find the best way(s) to get there.

This is what I mean...

You may be in Kaduna but you want to get to Abuja. You could decide to take a direct bus to Abuja day time, or take one at night.

You might want to take the bus but you don't have transport fare. You can decide to pack your things and stand by the road and hope you get a free ride.
If you do have enough to fly, you could just use the airport.

Or you have a bicycle? Ride it to Abuja, ride to your neighbor who's traveling soon or just trek all the way. Either of them is an option, the difference is how much time it'll take and depends on the resources you have.

You basically write down all the different ways you can take to get to your ultimate goal, your vision/dream for where you want your business to be eventually. Decide which one is the most feasible or profitable.

Step 4: Execution
Execution is another important step because it's easy to just keep researching on and on, analysing and being fearful that you might fail.

If it's capital that's the problem, think of bootstrapping ideas into the industry. Plus every business has a low cost entry.

McDonald's started with flipping burgers. Amazon started with only books. GitHub didn't have offices and the 4 full-time team members worked remotely.

I'll talk about Bootstrapping in the next post. Understand that If you don't try, you'll never know how big you could have been or how differently to have done things

The good news is you already have all these steps written down (I hope so) to make it easier to apply.

Plus before execution you must have:
1. Understood the bigger picture (end goal for your business/vision)
2. Known who you need (skill set, not just your family member), researched who is going to buy your product/service
3. Decided on which way is best to start, depending on your resources. (Human, financial, physical resources)

Lastly, focus on one idea at a time.

Especially if you've never built a successful business before or helped build one. Why? I'll reserve that gist for another time maybe.

This is obviously simplified, there's more work than has been written. So get to it.

Ideas don't come out fully formed, they only become clear as you work on them. You just have to get started - Mark Zuckerberg

P.S. The Exceptionals Creativity Hub (T.E.C.H) Business School helps young Entrepreneurs go from idea to business and start-up, also helps get you to funders for your business.

Would you like to attend TECH Business School?
Call or chat 08167790537

(1) (Reply)

See It The Three Types Of Traffic, You Need To Grow Your Business Online / How To Make Money Using Your Smartphone / How To Register Business Names In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.