Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,684 members, 7,979,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 05:43 AM

My husband's family dis-like me? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My husband's family dis-like me? (2196 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me / How To Communicate With My Yoruba Husband's Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My husband's family dis-like me? by Nottheone(f): 12:02pm On Feb 08, 2011
Why does his family hate me ?

After years of marriage they still cant accept that there son, brother ect. is happily married.
Tried by best, always been friendly and showed respect, fullfilled all there wishes (gifts,money).

Must say, only the girls have a problem with me, any male in his family likes me.
My husband says i should not bother, it is not my faults but still whats the problem ?

Ps. Im white.
Re: My husband's family dis-like me? by r231(m): 12:03pm On Feb 08, 2011
Nottheone:

After years of marriage they still cant accept that there son, brother ect. is happily married.
Tried by best, always been friendly and showed respect, fullfilled all there wishes (gifts,money).

Must say, only the girls have a problem with me, any male in his family likes me.
My husband says i should not bother, it is not my faults but still whats the problem ?

Ps. Im white.

thats why
Re: My husband's family dis-like me? by Nottheone(f): 12:23pm On Feb 08, 2011
thank you, that was so helpfull :-x
Re: My husband's family dis-like me? by naijafrend: 12:37pm On Feb 08, 2011
@Nottheone

Maybe you being white has nothing to do with it. MAYBE. This is just a universal thing. Haven't you heard things like this in your country as well? We can't please everybody in this world. Just let things the way they are without going overboard to impress all and sundry. Your post shows you have an understanding, supportive husband and that is what matters at the end of the day.
Re: My husband's family dis-like me? by Outstrip(f): 2:03am On Feb 09, 2011
What do you mean by fufilled all their wishes for money and gifts? So they call you and ask you for money and gifts and you just send it?
Re: My husband's family dis-like me? by obowunmi(m): 6:51am On Feb 09, 2011
Focus on ur husband and no one else.
Re: My husband's family dis-like me? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 09, 2011
My mom experienced the same, and she is black and my dad is black.
Don't let it get to you. focus on your husband.

With time, they realized they were being retardedly childish after it was clear no one paid them any mind.
Re: My husband's family dis-like me? by silvasurfa(m): 11:03pm On Feb 09, 2011
well the most important person (your husband) said you shouldnt bother,then let it alone.
Do not try to out-doyourself to please them.Just continue to be yourself,nice,respectful and still firm.

Are you in good terms with his parents?If you are,good for.If not,work on developing your relationship with them.
Re: My husband's family dis-like me? by Nottheone(f): 1:59pm On Feb 10, 2011
I always like to give but its gone to the extreme that now they only call when they need something.
I do have a good relationship with his mum, we allways talk on the phone (actually she was the one
who told her son to go for a white girl as he had a hard time back home) but any other female in
the family dislikes me.

Thank you for the replies, its really the best to concentrate on my husband only, by the end
i have to live with him and not with them.
Re: My husband's family dis-like me? by Leilana(f): 2:12pm On Feb 10, 2011
When only the females in the family dont like you , than its because they are jealous!

Exspecially when you are a beautiful white woman these women can be so jealous and stupid!

I dont know what is wrong with this kind of people just ignore it and live your life but dont send money or gifts again! Dont allow them to use you like this!

They dont have any moral? They can take gifts from a person who they dont like?! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue
Re: My husband's family dis-like me? by jeremiahb(m): 4:28pm On Feb 10, 2011
Ignore them, they will come round soon. Just keep on doing the way you are doing.
Re: My husband's family dis-like me? by plappville(f): 6:32pm On Feb 10, 2011
My dear u just ve to ignore them like u ve been told by several person hère.
It clear that u cant plz everyone in thé family.

What Will it change if all of them had liked u? If u ré complaining about ur husband not loving u anymore,
i Will be sad for u, but it's not thé case.

Kindly behave as if u dont even notice them, they Will start coming around.
I advice u stop giving them money, as they may think u ré doing it to buy their heart.

I used to ve semilar problem with my inlaws initially, i also ve same thinking as u because they voiced it out that they were scared that as a black girl i may hurt their son and return bk to m'y Country.
But as Time goes on, it was not what they thought. My hubby played a very intelligent rôle, today we are all happy.
Re: My husband's family dis-like me? by NAJALYN: 5:15pm On Feb 12, 2011
@poster, the fact that you want to please your husband's family shows you are a nice person. Just keep up the good work & remain very friendly. I advise you continue to give gifts. That way nobody can have any cause to critise you. And continue to please your husband's mother & all who are friendly. On the long run the sisters will retrace their steps & be friendly. The most important thing is that your husband loves you. I want to add that with prayers, your husband's sisters will soon come flocking around you. Good luck.
Re: My husband's family dis-like me? by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:33pm On Feb 12, 2011
Nottheone:

Ps. Im white.

dont bother much dear as long your are doing what seen by other people as good those speak on your behalf and see the good in you

(1) (Reply)

Mother / No Intimacy For 4 Years, Is Dis A Problem??? / Nanny Available Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.