Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,095 members, 7,949,779 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 06:43 PM

10 Things Covid-19 Taught Us As Nigerians - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Things Covid-19 Taught Us As Nigerians (267 Views)

What Lesson Did Covid-19 Taught You? / COVID-19: Danger Looms As Nigerians Jettison Safety Measures / See The ''Strange'' Baby A Young Girl Gave Birth To As Nigerians React. Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things Covid-19 Taught Us As Nigerians by wale377(m): 8:41am On Jul 25, 2020
No one excepted that there could be a time where the whole world would be on stand-by. But covid19 proved us wrong. Even the G7 countries were also powerless.
I’ll be sharing 10 things covid19 has taught us

1. Always be prepared: like I said earlier, nobody imagined the the whole world could take a break. Covid19 has taught us that we should be ready for an unforeseen as it could happen anyday, anytime and anywhere.

2) Have Multiple source of income: on a normal day in Nigeria, having 2 sources of income sef isn’t enough. To be financially okay in Nigeria, at least 3 source of income is ok. Now that covid19 came unexpectedly, imagine those set of guys that live on only one source of income and their place of working isn’t paying them due to the facts that the company isn’t making profit ..... trust me they would find it difficult to cope... Even guys earning 300k per month(bankers, oil companies staffs etc) most of them have businesses that also fetch them extra income on the flip side

3) Personal Hygiene: If not for Ebola and covid19, some people wouldn’t have known what hand sanitizer is and its use. Like the popular saying EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. Maybe covid19 came to teach us how to take personal hygiene and our health serious grin grin (jokes aside)

It has taught us a lot such as avoiding crowded places, touching what is not necessary, washing our hands at interval etc

4) Saving: I know some people on Nairaland whose motto or slogan is YOLO(you only live once). Anytime they get money, 2 seconds every stew!! grin grin . They go by the motive that LIFE IS TOO SHORT not to enjoy yourself which ginger them blow their money without saving some. Yes, we only live once. But you would realize that life is long when that money has finished.

To all the YOLO people out there, pls when you are flexing always remember keep some or better still save/invest first before flexing it would help.

5) Family bonding: Having a family is a beautiful thing but most Nigerian family are so funny(no offense to family guys out there) they don’t have time for their partners or kids. It’s either no romance, money issue, or some funny things sha. Some don’t even understand their own kids sef lol (ridiculous). Shout out to all the hardworking men and women Making sure their family never lack Bless you guys. But at the same time try create time for family. It would go a long way.

Thank God for Covid-19 it has made families to bond more and more..... indeed COVID-19 is a blessing in disguise

6) How to budget: some people don’t work on budget which is financially bad. But since covid19 came, it made a lot of people keep track in their spending.
It has made people plan on how they would spend their money Wisely to avoid Gbèsè(debt)

7)Freedom from unnecessary spending: I’m sure if there was no covid19, a lot of guys and girls would have been going out to eat in expensive restaurant or going to pubs, clubs, party, concerts etc. It’s good to aleast have 1 or 2 outings monthly (include it in your budget oo) with friends, family and loved ones. But, No some people want to show off for the gram and Snapchat .... every concert, birthday, party etc they are always there. Well if you have the money no Problem... but if you don’t please don’t let peer pressure wound you grin work with a budget.

8. Internet Globalization: we all know we are in the 21st century and IOT(internet of things) have taken over..... the world is evolving at a very fast pace and we (as individuals and a nation) need to be on track if not WAHALA!!!

Covid19 came, Schools paused, work paused etc...... even some so called private schools are finding it difficult to use the internet to to teach their students... it’s very sad...... talkless of government owned Sch (I laugh in Swahili).

I’m sure it’s this lock down some people discovers ZOOM app.

We need too start applying technology to every sector of the economy.... e get why

Imagine we had 5g now, things would have been better. Pls lalasticlala help us tell seun to tell sanwo olu to tell PMB that we need 5g o grin grin

9) Our Government don’t care about us: although this isn’t new to we Nigerians. But amidst of a pandemic, our government ought to have been considerate enough to its people..... at least if they covered every residential citizen utility bill(Phcn)and subsidize some stuff ...... it would go along way..... but...... my country people....it is what it is ... all man for himself.

Covid19 made us see the real true color of our government.

Lastly,

10) Man proposes, God disposes: you see this life ehn.... e no balance grin . I’m sure everyone had plans to do a couple of things.... but If baba God talk NO, na final be dat.

Regardless of what we are facing right now... we go dey alright. Remember; Tough times don’t last Only tough people do...... so heads up guys....

INDEED COVID-19 is a Blessing in disguise

Cc: lalasticlala mynd44 seun

Re: 10 Things Covid-19 Taught Us As Nigerians by ojun50(m): 8:52am On Jul 25, 2020
Lastly : the government don't care

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Covid-19 Taught Us As Nigerians by LordPherule(m): 9:09am On Jul 25, 2020
Lastly, God is wonderful.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Covid-19 Taught Us As Nigerians by wale377(m): 9:27am On Jul 25, 2020
Lalasticlala mynd44 make unna come see something
Re: 10 Things Covid-19 Taught Us As Nigerians by wale377(m): 11:46pm On Jul 28, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Designers Oil Perfumes For 800 Naira Each / Asking A 3yrs Old About Her Pregnant Mummy's Baby. Her Answer Was Shocking / Do You Know What Diuretic And Anti-inflammatory Pill Is?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.