Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,394 members, 7,947,659 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 06:12 AM

History Of Bacon: A Man Who Propounded The Scientific Methods - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / History Of Bacon: A Man Who Propounded The Scientific Methods (487 Views)

There Is A Power That Created The Scientific Laws: physics as an example. / Pastor EA Adeboye: Biography, Age, Family, History Of Rccg And Many More / Darwinian Evolution Doesn't Pass The Scientific Test. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

History Of Bacon: A Man Who Propounded The Scientific Methods by OtemAtum: 11:02am On Jul 25, 2020
Roger Bacon was born when religion was suppressing scientific knowledge globally. He observed that religious method is only a two-way thing, which are light Observations and Conclusions, which always led to fallacies. So he emphasized the use of scientific Methods such as Observations, Hypothesis, Experimentation etc before arriving at a conclusion, unlike religious methods which jump to conclusion immediately after observing an incident.

Read about Roger Bacon here:

Pivadra 12: 1-43

1. Roger Bacon was a great philosopher and a scientist born in the 281,218th year of the homo sapiens era. Which is also the 1218th year C.E. in Somerset, England.
2. Now Bacon began to fall in love with nature when he was aged seventeen years, because he had begun to discover some secrets of nature.
3. Now Bacon said, the nature of nature can only be discovered by thorough observations and experimentations.
4. So Bacon began to say, over many years, we humans have jumped into conclusions without observations and experimentations.
5. And we have arrived at wrong conclusions like the very religious ones. Rather, let us separate scientific knowledge from religious ways.
6. Let us observe all things first, question them and then let there be hypothesis drawn.
7. After then can we carry out experiments to see if our results are coherent or not.
8. Then can we draw conclusions from the analysis of our results. In this way shall we be able to conquer fallacies which are common with humans.
9. For the fallacies of generalising hastily as well as the fallacy of popular prejudice and submitting to the people in authority shall be well conquered by this method.
10. If we have heard that there is a stone which could turn everything to gold, it is befitting of humans and great thinkers to acquire such stone and let it be subject to experimentations.
11. But if such stone is not brought forward to be experimented on, then shall we dismiss it a mere myth and superstitious beliefs.
12. Now many thinkers accepted the views of Bacon and many experiments were conducted in those days to ascertain facts and establish laws of nature.
13. However, no one brought forward the philosopher's stone and other objects of supernatural claims to be experimented on.
14. Therefore Bacon considered them as mere myths and heresay.
15. Now in those days, the fame of Bacon went far and wide such that Clement IV the pope sent for copies of his works for scrutiny.
16. For the religious ones often suspected the early scientists of witchcrafts and sorcery.
17. Now when the pope had checked his works, himself found them convincing enough. And he said, as long as Bacon does not call us out to perform experiments on our relics and all our religious objects, then he is safe with us.
18. But if he derails and suddenly start putting his hands in religious things, especially in Christianity our religion, he shall not escape being persecuted and killed.
19. For we cannot count the number of philosophers whose blood we have shed already, because they speak things contrary to our doctrine.
20. Now a time came that Bacon began to dabble into discussions concerning spirituality and he joined himself to the Franciscan order in Oxford.
21. Now reports came to Clement the pope that Bacon had begun to teach heresies and many Christians had become his followers.
22. Then the pope said, I trust that Bacon does not mean evil to our religion. I have spoken with him concerning many things in the past and I can tell you that he is someone that could be trusted.
23. Have I not read all his works? And have I not checked his optical lenses? All these things are product of good thoughts.
24. Therefore let Bacon be left alone, for I stand as a surety for him that he does not mean any harm to our religion.
25. And who knows if it is even our god that has sent him to us in this generation?
26. So did Clement continue to support and protect Bacon until his death. Now when Clement had died, all the Christian leaders gathered and they made laws, saying, let all philosophers be identified with a religion, or else they shall be punished and even put to death.
27. Let also every aspect of philosophy which does not agree with the bible not be discussed.
28. For how can some philosophers propose that it is impossible for hell fire to have effect on human souls, since humans will have no body to feel pain in the afterlife?
29. And how can some people philosophise that our god cannot know more than himself?
30. And some even philosophise that if there is anything called God, then it does not intervene in the things of the universe as our god does.
31. Now many philosophers were killed in those days while some were excommunicated for refusing to stop their arguments against biblical doctrines.
32. Now these were some of the names of the philosophers and early scientists who were killed between the year 1270 and the year 1279 when the laws were made:
33. Phillip Camus, Nicolas Huntelaar, Matt Lewis, Stephen Lombard, Conolly Jude, Achilles Ascoli, Bartholomew Totti, Desailles Deschamps, Phil Lacazette, Selis Durham and many others.
34. And many were also excommunicated and many banished from their towns.
35. Now in those days, Bacon was summoned before the religious leaders headed by Jerome, a man from Ascoli, and they said, we will not kill you, neither shall we send you on exile.
36. But you shall be closely watched for three years to see that you do not participate in any philosophy contrary to the bible.
37. But if you choose to practise Christianity, you shall be absolved of this judgement.
38. Now Bacon said, what I am in the mind is what I can present outwardly. I am a freethinker in the mind, therefore I cannot pretend outwardly to be a christian.
39. Now they took Bacon and confined him in the house of an old monk called Timon, who lived in Ascoli.
40. And they set watchers after him to watch him every day and night. Now after three years, Bacon was released, being very old and frail in his physical appearance.
41. And they said, let him go back to his home, for it is certain that he does not have much years left for him to live.
42. Now when Bacon returned to his home in Oxford, he continued to write some of his abandoned texts, even though many of them had been missing.
43. Then Bacon died after having written many books on philosophies, astrology, mathematics, physics and even theology.

1 Like

Re: History Of Bacon: A Man Who Propounded The Scientific Methods by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 25, 2020
Kudos.

1 Like

Re: History Of Bacon: A Man Who Propounded The Scientific Methods by Dtruthspeaker: 11:11am On Jul 25, 2020
History of a man who used his ability to think!
Re: History Of Bacon: A Man Who Propounded The Scientific Methods by OtemAtum: 6:39pm On Jul 25, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
History of a man who used his ability to think!
Exactly

1 Like

Re: History Of Bacon: A Man Who Propounded The Scientific Methods by pkasso(m): 6:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
Huntelaar, Totti, Desailly, Deschamps and Lacazette grin grin What do all these names have in common? These are all names of current and ex-footballers. The other day, i came across Laporte and Courtois grin I mean, what are the odds?!

gensteejay, how are you sure this guy isn't making all these up? I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but so far, it's been BS mixed with some halftruths.
Re: History Of Bacon: A Man Who Propounded The Scientific Methods by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 27, 2020
pkasso:

gensteejay, how are you sure this guy isn't making all these up? I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but so far, it's been BS mixed with some halftruths.
There are many interesting historical facts in the histories he is compiling. And the level of details in them is fascinating.

Have you checked out the Seriot language, which he says he gets most of the histories in from Atum?

I've also requested that he posts the histories he received in some other languages, which are dead and are not known to the homosapien world.

I've studied the Seriot language and know it's a real language (not the incoherent tripe some pastors say when they speak in tongue).

IMO, he's not making those histories up because of the fact that Seriot is a real language.

If you feel he's making up the histories, I would like to know what your reasons are for saying that.
Re: History Of Bacon: A Man Who Propounded The Scientific Methods by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 27, 2020
The thread of Seriot language: https://www.nairaland.com/4567349/dialect-early-beings-seriot-language

It's easier to study the language using the PDF version of the Book of Universal History, because many histories are compiled there in Seriot along with their meaning in English.

Also, Otem promised to teach people the language.
Re: History Of Bacon: A Man Who Propounded The Scientific Methods by pkasso(m): 8:50pm On Jul 27, 2020
gensteejay:

There are many interesting historical facts in the histories he is compiling. And the level of details in them is fascinating.

Have you checked out the Seriot language, which he says he gets most of the histories in from Atum?

I've also requested that he posts the histories he received in some other languages, which are dead and are not known to the homosapien world.

I've studied the Seriot language and know it's a real language (not the incoherent tripe some pastors say when they speak in tongue).

IMO, he's not making those histories up because of the fact that Seriot is a real language.

If you feel he's making up the histories, I would like to know what your reasons are for saying that.
I get that you are in awe of his genius. The Doctufos is a literary masterpiece. But sadly, it's only a work of fiction, with a sprinkling of historical knowledge.

Otem is well versed in History and the sciences, I will give him that. His claim of flesh-and-blood 'gods' and the ever-occurring wars between them is however not novel. Zecharia Sitchin discussed this extensively in his books.

And at least Sitchin had evidence in Sumerian clay tablets and ancient scrolls to support his claim, which I'm still not sure of by the way, but Otem does is say he got these "revelations" from Atum.

There is no mention of the Seriot language anywhere else. Not even in the arcane or esoteric texts I've come across. It's as real as the Klingon language.

Otem's obsession and intense hatred of the entity called Jehovah clouds whatever objectivity he is supposed to have. He spends a great deal of time denigrating someone who according to him is locked away somewhere.

The part where he uses names of football players as names of some of the individuals is downright comical and makes me doubt his credibility even more.

I do agree with some of the things he says though. The power of meditation and putting one's brain to use. The belief in a creative force that spawned the universe, God Almighty as he calls it.
Re: History Of Bacon: A Man Who Propounded The Scientific Methods by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 27, 2020
pkasso:
I get that you are in awe of his genius. The Doctufos is a literary masterpiece. But sadly, it's only a work of fiction, with a sprinkling of historical knowledge.

Otem is well versed in History and the sciences, I will give him that. His claim of flesh-and-blood 'gods' and the ever-occurring wars between them is however not novel. Zecharia Sitchin discussed this extensively in his books.

I've read some works of Zecharia Sitchin.

Do you have a PDF version of Otem's book?

You can only critique a book you have and have read.

Many of his posts (histories) are hidden on the main thread.

If you don't have the PDF, that means you're only making a hasty conclusion.

The book is a masterpiece, no doubt about that.

The level of details of the histories in it is intriguing.

I am aware of a number of constructed languages (conlangs).

I don't think it's within the realm of possibility for a man to fabricate those histories with that level of details and still design languages that are not in existence in today's world.

Even our local histories in this part of the world in that book are fascinating.

IMO, no man can make those things up and even come up with an unknown language.

How many books of science or history will such a person read to fabricate histories of almost all legends, myths around the world and come up with an unknown language?

I requested for the other languages he says the revelations (histories) were given to him in specifically to rule out the possibility of Seriot being a conlang.

Again, if you've not read the book, you're only commenting on a piece of literature you don't know the content.
Re: History Of Bacon: A Man Who Propounded The Scientific Methods by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 27, 2020
pkasso:
The part where he uses names of football players as names of some of the individuals is downright comical and makes me doubt his credibility even more.

Do you really think people just started bearing some names you see around in modern times?
Re: History Of Bacon: A Man Who Propounded The Scientific Methods by pkasso(m): 9:48pm On Jul 27, 2020
gensteejay:

Do you really think people just started bearing some names you see around in modern times?
I know. But what are the odds of all those names appearing in one place? For a football fan like me, those names stick out like a sore thumb. Maybe I'm just overreacting.
Re: History Of Bacon: A Man Who Propounded The Scientific Methods by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 27, 2020
pkasso:
I know. But what are the odds of all those names appearing in one place? For a football fan like me, those names stick out like a sore thumb. Maybe I'm just overreacting.
His book discusses the origin of some of those (footballers') names, and the histories look interesting and plausible.

The areas I find most fascinating are the etymological facts of some names we see around.

Why don't you get the PDF first and go through the histories in it?

It's only after reading it that you can make an informed evaluation of the book.
Re: History Of Bacon: A Man Who Propounded The Scientific Methods by pkasso(m): 10:00pm On Jul 27, 2020
gensteejay:

I've read some works of Zecharia Sitchin.

Do you have a PDF version of Otem's book?

You can only critique a book you have and have read.

Many of his posts (histories) are hidden on the main thread.

If you don't have the PDF, that means you're only making a hasty conclusion.

The book is a masterpiece, no doubt about that.

The level of details of the histories in it is intriguing.

I am aware of a number of constructed languages (conlangs).

I don't think it's within the realm of possibility of a man to fabricate those histories with that level of details and still design languages that are not in existence in today's world.

Even our local histories in this part of the world in that book are fascinating.

IMO, no man can make those things up and even come up with an unknown language.

How many books of science or history will such a person read to fabricate histories of almost all legends, myths around the world and come up with an unknown language?

I requested for the other languages he says the revelations (histories) were given to him in specifically to rule out the possibility of Seriot being a conlang.

Again, if you've not read the book, you're only commenting on a piece of literature you don't know the content.

I've only been reading Otem's posts on the thread so I agree there are few things i might be missing. It would also be unfair to criticize without reading the complete literature.

So i would appreciate if you or OtemAtum can send me a copy of the book.
Re: History Of Bacon: A Man Who Propounded The Scientific Methods by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 27, 2020
pkasso:
Re: History Of Bacon: A Man Who Propounded The Scientific Methods by pkasso(m): 10:38pm On Jul 27, 2020
gensteejay:

Okay. You can remove your email from the original comment.
Thanks, bro. Got the book.
Re: History Of Bacon: A Man Who Propounded The Scientific Methods by Kobojunkie: 1:08am On Jul 28, 2020
OtemAtum:
Roger Bacon was born when religion was suppressing scientific knowledge globally. He observed that religious method is only a two-way thing, which are light Observations and Conclusions, which always led to fallacies. So he emphasized the use of scientific Methods such as Observations, Hypothesis, Experimentation etc before arriving at a conclusion, unlike religious methods which jump to conclusion immediately after observing an incident.

Read about Roger Bacon here:

Pivadra 12: 1-43

1. Roger Bacon was a great philosopher and a scientist born in the 281,218th year of the homo sapiens era. Which is also the 1218th year C.E. in Somerset, England.
2. Now Bacon began to fall in love with nature when he was aged seventeen years, because he had begun to discover some secrets of nature.
3. Now Bacon said, the nature of nature can only be discovered by thorough observations and experimentations.
4. So Bacon began to say, over many years, we humans have jumped into conclusions without observations and experimentations.
5. And we have arrived at wrong conclusions like the very religious ones. Rather, let us separate scientific knowledge from religious ways.
6. Let us observe all things first, question them and then let there be hypothesis drawn.
7. After then can we carry out experiments to see if our results are coherent or not.
8. Then can we draw conclusions from the analysis of our results. In this way shall we be able to conquer fallacies which are common with humans.
9. For the fallacies of generalising hastily as well as the fallacy of popular prejudice and submitting to the people in authority shall be well conquered by this method.
10. If we have heard that there is a stone which could turn everything to gold, it is befitting of humans and great thinkers to acquire such stone and let it be subject to experimentations.
11. But if such stone is not brought forward to be experimented on, then shall we dismiss it a mere myth and superstitious beliefs.
12. Now many thinkers accepted the views of Bacon and many experiments were conducted in those days to ascertain facts and establish laws of nature.
13. However, no one brought forward the philosopher's stone and other objects of supernatural claims to be experimented on.
14. Therefore Bacon considered them as mere myths and heresay.
15. Now in those days, the fame of Bacon went far and wide such that Clement IV the pope sent for copies of his works for scrutiny.
16. For the religious ones often suspected the early scientists of witchcrafts and sorcery.
17. Now when the pope had checked his works, himself found them convincing enough. And he said, as long as Bacon does not call us out to perform experiments on our relics and all our religious objects, then he is safe with us.
18. But if he derails and suddenly start putting his hands in religious things, especially in Christianity our religion, he shall not escape being persecuted and killed.
19. For we cannot count the number of philosophers whose blood we have shed already, because they speak things contrary to our doctrine.
20. Now a time came that Bacon began to dabble into discussions concerning spirituality and he joined himself to the Franciscan order in Oxford.
21. Now reports came to Clement the pope that Bacon had begun to teach heresies and many Christians had become his followers.
22. Then the pope said, I trust that Bacon does not mean evil to our religion. I have spoken with him concerning many things in the past and I can tell you that he is someone that could be trusted.
23. Have I not read all his works? And have I not checked his optical lenses? All these things are product of good thoughts.
24. Therefore let Bacon be left alone, for I stand as a surety for him that he does not mean any harm to our religion.
25. And who knows if it is even our god that has sent him to us in this generation?
26. So did Clement continue to support and protect Bacon until his death. Now when Clement had died, all the Christian leaders gathered and they made laws, saying, let all philosophers be identified with a religion, or else they shall be punished and even put to death.
27. Let also every aspect of philosophy which does not agree with the bible not be discussed.
28. For how can some philosophers propose that it is impossible for hell fire to have effect on human souls, since humans will have no body to feel pain in the afterlife?
29. And how can some people philosophise that our god cannot know more than himself?
30. And some even philosophise that if there is anything called God, then it does not intervene in the things of the universe as our god does.
31. Now many philosophers were killed in those days while some were excommunicated for refusing to stop their arguments against biblical doctrines.
32. Now these were some of the names of the philosophers and early scientists who were killed between the year 1270 and the year 1279 when the laws were made:
33. Phillip Camus, Nicolas Huntelaar, Matt Lewis, Stephen Lombard, Conolly Jude, Achilles Ascoli, Bartholomew Totti, Desailles Deschamps, Phil Lacazette, Selis Durham and many others.
34. And many were also excommunicated and many banished from their towns.
35. Now in those days, Bacon was summoned before the religious leaders headed by Jerome, a man from Ascoli, and they said, we will not kill you, neither shall we send you on exile.
36. But you shall be closely watched for three years to see that you do not participate in any philosophy contrary to the bible.
37. But if you choose to practise Christianity, you shall be absolved of this judgement.
38. Now Bacon said, what I am in the mind is what I can present outwardly. I am a freethinker in the mind, therefore I cannot pretend outwardly to be a christian.
39. Now they took Bacon and confined him in the house of an old monk called Timon, who lived in Ascoli.
40. And they set watchers after him to watch him every day and night. Now after three years, Bacon was released, being very old and frail in his physical appearance.
41. And they said, let him go back to his home, for it is certain that he does not have much years left for him to live.
42. Now when Bacon returned to his home in Oxford, he continued to write some of his abandoned texts, even though many of them had been missing.
43. Then Bacon died after having written many books on philosophies, astrology, mathematics, physics and even theology.

Robert Bacon the Franciscan monk and philosopher? undecided
Re: History Of Bacon: A Man Who Propounded The Scientific Methods by OtemAtum: 8:49am On Jul 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Robert Bacon the Franciscan monk and philosopher? undecided
Yes, same old Roger that is dead and gone to his grave ¶¶¶ cheesy
Re: History Of Bacon: A Man Who Propounded The Scientific Methods by OtemAtum: 4:54pm On Aug 27, 2020
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

The Mystery Of Expectation – Pastor D.K. Olukoya / The 6 Most Infamous Christian Cults In Popular History / Sponsor Of Terrorism In Nigeria Won’t See New Year ― Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.