Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,860 members, 7,972,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:00 AM

Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession (5561 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by JeSoul(f): 9:58pm On Feb 09, 2011
^thanks for posting that Rastaman. Some people read a title and conclude from there instead of actually reading the details in the article.
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by VALIDATOR: 7:42am On Feb 10, 2011
VALIDATOR:

If na paster kriss do am na dem go wan kriticize am die. Dem kriticize am for charging gate fee for one of him  program
Anyways,this is a good innovation because nowadays we have lots of e-sins.So, e-confessions are very welcome.

$1.99 x no of catholic sinners = 100s of millions of $

chukwudi44:

See this mugu,please go to the original link and read.A Company created the application,the catholic church only endorsed it.The church do not get any dime for any downloading of the application

You are the real mughu. The company that developed the app will donate "voluntarily" to the RCC or/and the guys who developed it will pay tithes to God via the RCC.

tithe=10% of 100s of millions of $ = 10s of millions of $

magha must pay.They always do.
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 10, 2011
You are the real mughu. The company that developed the app will donate "voluntarily" to the RCC or/and the guys who developed it will pay tithes to God via the RCC.

tithe=10% of 100s of millions of $ = 10s of millions of $

magha must pay.They always do

Honestly I think that word mugu is too edifying for you,maybe I would look for another word more derogatory,wheer did you read the company that developed theapplicatio would pay tithes to the church
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:55am On Feb 10, 2011
This is a very innovative step towards Digital Christianity, to go beyond the Preaching aspects to the actual actionable ceremonies is quiet a welcomed step. Now all that needs to happen fast is to develop an app for Exorcism, Binding and Casting out demons and evil spirits grin
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by Tobe01: 10:25am On Feb 10, 2011
@ All, please get this straight, the app is meant to prepare you for Confession, it does not in anyway stand in for the proper confession. The sacrament of confession is a physical thing.

In my own thinking, the church endorsed it because it will be a great tool in helping people come back fully to the faith just like d example on the post states. PLEASE DON'T BE CONFUSED.
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 10, 2011
Either the application is used for confession or to prepare someone for it, it is NOT acceptable because, confession is a communication between you and God bofore his representative, the priest. There should be no third party. It must be secretive and that is why an ordained priest does not make known in any form or manner the statement of a confessioner to anyone. All preists swore an oath of secrecy in respect to this during their ordination. Also, it is believed that priest forgets the confession of a confessioner immediately after the confession because God does not remember your sins after they have been forgiven by Him.

In essence, I'm trying to say that, the use of an iPhone or any other applications that can be bugged or traced to retrieve information of the user will go against the secrecy of confession and therefore, go against the oath sworn by the priest. This type of technology should not be encouraged at all for confession
CONFESSION AND ITS PREPARATION SHOULD BE SECRETIVE AND A TETE-A-TETE BETWEEN YOU AND GOD!
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by malabite: 11:57am On Feb 10, 2011
lol
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by VALIDATOR: 12:50pm On Feb 10, 2011
chukwudi44:

Honestly I think that word mugu is too edifying for you,maybe I would look for another word more derogatory,wheer did you read the company that developed theapplicatio would pay tithes to the church
@chuks,
I'm sorry I didn't know I was hurting you.
What I said did not warrant the level you took it to.
Peace.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by JeSoul(f): 3:35pm On Feb 10, 2011
For the sake of clarity, and those who are overly sensitive, the title has been adjusted by me.
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by r231(m): 4:01pm On Feb 10, 2011
^^^ok lol
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by JeSoul(f): 4:08pm On Feb 10, 2011
^why u dey laugh me now? lol
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by Natudu: 3:30am On Feb 11, 2011
I guess there should be a text message acknowledging that God has received your e-confession and you have just been e-forgiven? grin grin grin
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by Nobody: 6:38am On Feb 11, 2011
Natudu:

I guess there should be a text message acknowledging that God has received your e-confession and you have just been e-forgiven? grin grin grin

You no go kill person with laugh.mtn must be happy about this development.

grin grin
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by DrEkehnde(m): 1:53am On Feb 15, 2011
ok
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by Belexy(m): 1:35pm On Feb 15, 2011
For ur daily inspirational catholic msgs and bible verses, join: www.facebook.com/catholicdaily
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by vicfajeze: 5:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
why is bastardisation in Christianiry?
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by Ubenedictus(m): 9:14pm On Jan 23, 2013
ibelab: very nice but wait till wikileaks got hold some of de confession tapes, shocked shocked
confessions aren't done on d app, infact it is forbiden even in dirge cases to recieve confession digitally, d apps is to help u confront ur sins, dat is it helps u make an examination of conscience, so it is imposible to find ur sins on wiki.
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by Ubenedictus(m): 9:25pm On Jan 23, 2013
koastar: Either the application is used for confession or to prepare someone for it, it is NOT acceptable because, confession is a communication between you and God bofore his representative, the priest. There should be no third party. It must be secretive and that is why an ordained priest does not make known in any form or manner the statement of a confessioner to anyone. All preists swore an oath of secrecy in respect to this during their ordination. Also, it is believed that priest forgets the confession of a confessioner immediately after the confession because God does not remember your sins after they have been forgiven by Him.

In essence, I'm trying to say that, the use of an iPhone or any other applications that can be bugged or traced to retrieve information of the user will go against the secrecy of confession and therefore, go against the oath sworn by the priest. This type of technology should not be encouraged at all for confession
CONFESSION AND ITS PREPARATION SHOULD BE SECRETIVE AND A TETE-A-TETE BETWEEN YOU AND GOD!
actually d secrecy of d confessional is only biding on d priest, it is not binding on d penitent, for all d church cares d penitent can have a register thru which he diagnose his habitual sins and keeps dates of his confession. While confession is done in secrecy, examination on d oda hand can b don wit help, whether a manual or an app i dont care.
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 23, 2013
I was under the impression that we should confess our sins to Christ in the privacy of our closet undecided

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by plappville(f): 9:32pm On Jan 23, 2013
CHINEKE....NA SO E DON REACH?
What will be the next?
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by Ubenedictus(m): 9:40pm On Jan 23, 2013
frosbel: I was under the impression that we should confess our sins to Christ in the privacy of our closet undecided
james also says to another.
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: james also says to another.

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." - James 5:16

This is referring to the confessing of our faults and weaknesses to fellow brethren , and praying for each other for forgiveness , which ONLY comes from GOD through Christ.

Besides, it does not say confess to a priest , bishop or pope, it talks about confession between brothers in Christ.
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by italo: 7:38am On Jan 24, 2013
frosbel:

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." - James 5:16

This is referring to the confessing of our faults and weaknesses to fellow brethren , and praying for each other for forgiveness , which ONLY comes from GOD through Christ.

Exactly what we believe and exercise when we go to confession.

frosbel: Besides, it does not say confess to a priest , bishop or pope, it talks about confession between brothers in Christ.

The priests are our brothers in Christ...and they were empowered to forgive and retain sins in John 20:22,23 by the same JESUS CHRIST.

So take up your issues with Jesus.
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by Ubenedictus(m): 1:08pm On Jan 24, 2013
italo:

Exactly what we believe and exercise when we go to confession.

The priests are our brothers in Christ...and they were empowered to forgive and retain sins in John 20:22,23 by the same JESUS CHRIST.

So take up your issues with Jesus.
mayb d next objection will b dat d priest isnt a brother in christ.
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by Heavenly102: 2:16pm On Jan 24, 2013
This confession stuff z just rubbish you dnt hav 2 tell priest about your sins
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by italo: 5:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
Then how is the Priest supposed to "forgive" or "retain" sins as Jesus empowered him to do in John 20:22,23?

...If we don't tell him the sins.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by Ubenedictus(m): 8:33am On Jan 26, 2013
italo: Then how is the Priest supposed to "forgive" or "retain" sins as Jesus empowered him to do in John 20:22,23?

...If we don't tell him the sins.

mayb he wil see ur sins in a vision.
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by tpia5: 9:01am On Jan 26, 2013
there's an app for everything.
Re: Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession by Ubenedictus(m): 4:50pm On Jan 27, 2013
tpia@:
there's an app for everything.
it is called technology.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. / Jesus Is God Almighty......question Me / Is Over Feeding A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.