Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,403 members, 7,891,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:42 PM

Amazing Miracles In The Bible That Would Revive Your Trust In God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Amazing Miracles In The Bible That Would Revive Your Trust In God (314 Views)

What Are The Words In The Bible That Scare You Most As A Christian? / Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Accused Of Faking Miracles In South Africa (2016) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing Miracles In The Bible That Would Revive Your Trust In God by SalvationGrace: 2:08am On Jul 26, 2020
The Bible is filled with so many narrations of miracles and supernatural phenomena that defy the law of physics. These miracles are literally out of this world and most of the time, hard to believe. However, we can have the confidence that these miracles are really true because the Bible tells us so.

In this post, I have gathered some of greatest, awesome, unbelievable, and even inspiring miracles recorded in the Bible. I have selected the ones that are really mind-blowing and stunning.

Are you ready? Let’s begin!

1. The Creation of All Things

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth” (Genesis 1:1).

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made” (John 1:1-3).

One of the greatest miracles in the Bible is the creation of all things. Imagine how POWERFUL God is! “Educated” people might dismiss this very fact and explain everything through theories – theories that need more faith to believe in than the faith needed to believe in the existence of God. It is quite sad how many people have spent their time, money, and energy to find the origin of this universe when the answer is in the Bible all along.

There is something also very magnificent about everything created by God - the deliberate perfection of detail, accuracy and precision of them. Take a simple plant, and see the precision of the both sides, in and out, or look critically at a stalion and see how perfect the mane, the foot, height and stunning physical characteristics all align perfectly,and you would just have to wonder the magnitude of divine intelligence utilize to craft such a wonder. The whole physical features in our world gives clear details that there is definitely a supernatural being who can accurately set up all these.

One of my distant relatives who was in medical school noted that the day he knew that God was beyond what we thought He was, was when a human cadaver was dissected in his very eyes, and he watched how the internal organs, nerves and all other internal parts were perfectly and precisely interconnected to each other, he got blown away and his mindset of God changed totally.

2. Parting of the Red Sea

“Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea into dry land, and the waters were divided. So the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea on the dry ground, and the waters were a wall to them on their right hand and on their left” (Exodus 14:21-22).

This Biblical scene was further made famous by the 1956 film “The Ten Commandments” by Cecil B. Demille. This is among the most breath-taking miracles recorded in the Bible. Imagine yourself standing on the coast of the Red Sea and see it parting. It would be something extraordinary to behold.

The miracle shows that God indeed can save His people no matter what the situation is. Even if there seem to be no way, GOD WILL MAKE A WAY.

So if you are facing your “Red Sea” right now, just “stand still and see the salvation of the LORD” (Exodus 14:13).

3. The Sun stands still

“So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day. And there has been no day like that, before it or after it, that the Lord heeded the voice of a man; for the Lord fought for Israel” (Joshua 10:13-14).

I believe this is something that is beyond our comprehension. Imagine, the rotation speed of the earth is about 1,040 miles per hour. If that is the case, what would be the consequences of suddenly stopping it? It would mean the destruction of the whole earth!

However, we can see here the supernatural POWER of God to stop the hands of time while not inducing the natural consequences of such action.

Truly, God is so powerful and since He is the author of the physical laws, He also have authority over it. How comforting it is to know that we have a God who are willing to fight our battles for us!

4. Jesus brings Lazarus back to life after being dead for four days

Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth!” And he who had died came out bound hand and foot with graveclothes, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Loose him, and let him go.” (John 11:43-44).

The resurrection of Lazarus was just among the many accounts of people rising from the dead in the Bible. Many people ridiculed Christ when He wants to see the dead body of Lazarus. However, all people who were there were amazed when they saw Lazarus brought back to LIFE - A man who had been dead for four days, already decayed and written off. This has led many people to believe Christ (John 11:45).

Though all the resurrection that had happened (except for Christ’s resurrection) in the Bible are just resurrection to a temporary life, there will come a time when all the servants of God who have ever died since the time begun will rise up and meet Christ in His second coming (I Thessalonians 4:16).

5. Daniel’s Friends saved from a Fiery Furnace of Fire

“O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king. But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up” (Daniel 3:17-18).

Daniel’s three friends were Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego. They were famous for not bowing before the gold image and disobeying King Nebuchadnezzar.

When brought before the King, Daniel’s friends were given the opportunity to compromise with their belief. To the dismay of the King, Daniel’s friends outrightly refused and confidently told the king that there was no need for him to press on on trying to get them to do his bidding because they won't.

This made Nebuchadnezzar to be filled with great anger and commanded to heat the furnace seven times! The furnace was so hot that the strong men (soldiers) who brought Daniel’s friends to the furnaces' tunnel died as a result of the heat . However, God delivered Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego! They were not hurt of the flame and even the smell of smoke did not cling to them! Nebuchadnezzar being blown away by what he saw said ''There is no other god who can rescue like this!” Daniel 3:29. What a miraculous testimony of God’s protection to His people!

The story of Daniel’s three friends should encourage us that there’s no trial too great that we cannot bear. All we have to do is to stand strong on our ground and never compromise! God can do the impossible things!

6. Sennacherib’s Defeat and Death

“And it came to pass on a certain night that the angel of the Lord went out, and killed in the camp of the Assyrians one hundred and eighty-five thousand; and when people arose early in the morning, there were the corpses—all dead. So Sennacherib king of Assyria departed and went away, returned home, and remained at Nineveh” (II Kings 19:35-36).

This is among the most dramatic events in the history of the Kingdom of Judah. Hezekiah was the current king and Assyria, the greatest power at that time, threatened to invade their land. Assyria had already conquered the Northern Kingdom of Israel and it was just a matter of time that they will also conquer the Kingdom of Judah.

Faced with this enormous threat, Hezekiah turned to God for help and God heard his prayer. This resulted in the death of 185,000 soldiers of Assyria, which was among the greatest defeats in its kingdom’s history!

Again, we need to make sure that we put our trust in God. He is our ultimate Defender!

7. Jesus Walks on Water

“Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them walking on the lake. When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. ‘It’s a ghost,’ they said, and cried out in fear. But Jesus immediately said to them: ’Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.’” Matthew 14: 25-27

Jesus knew his disciples still held doubt about Him, so in a test of faith, Jesus appeared to them doing what no man had done before—walk on water. As he lead his disciples through their doubt and fear, he proved to them that He is truly who He said he was…the Son of God. (Matthew 14: 25-32)

8. Manna from Heaven

“Then the Lord said to Moses, ‘I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day’…” Exodus 16:4

Just as the Israelites felt they were about to starve to death in the desert, the Lord showed them His glory by delivering them an abundance of manna from the sky to sustain them for forty years, until they reached the border of Canaan. (Exodus 16:1-35) Manna is from heaven. God provided this gift to the Israelites during their travels in the desert and is described twice in the Bible: once in the Book of Exodus, and once again in the Book of Numbers.

9. The Resurrection of Jesus From Death after 3 days in the tomb.

Imagine watching a person being beaten to shreds and their body shattered beyond recognition. And then this person is placed on a cross in their unrecognisable state of shreds, his hands spread wide on the two sides of a heavy wood and massive nails drilled through his both hands to the hard wood, his two feet placed on each other and another massive nail drilled through both feet into the wood below, and then pulled up to die in such a horrific manner, that was just the little we could describe about how Jesus Christ, the Son of the Most High God was killed, after he was confirmed dead by one of the brutal roman soldiers that used a spear to burst open the flesh of his ribs to confirm whether he was really dead or still responded to pain.

So you walk away after the whole gory imageries and imagine 'what a terrible way to die', and on the third day, you hear an incredible news flowing around town that the person who was killed a few days ago, confirmed dead and placed in the grave is now alive again, refreshed, refined and even looks as if no injury or damage happened to his body, and then you get to see the person face to face, I bet as a human being you wouldn't believe what you were seeing. Oh yeah! It's unbelievable humanly! This was how the disciples felt when Jesus came in their midst because they thought he was a ghost, they couldn't believe how a man they watched die, and was laid in a tomb dead, would be alive again and walk around as though nothing happened a few days.

Luke 24:36-43
And just as they were telling about it, Jesus himself was suddenly standing there among them. “Peace be with you,” he said.
But the whole group was startled and frightened, thinking they were seeing a ghost! “Why are you frightened?” he asked. “Why are your hearts filled with doubt?

Look at my hands. Look at my feet. You can see that it’s really me. Touch me and make sure that I am not a ghost, because ghosts don’t have bodies, as you see that I do. As he spoke, he showed them his hands and his feet. Still they stood there in disbelief, filled with joy and wonder. Then he asked them,
“Do you have anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he ate it as they watched.

Jesus had to actually ate in their presence, requesting them to touch and feel him, and still gave them some exposition in the bible before they could believe what there eyes was seeing. In fact one of the disciples Thomas “doubted” and wanted physical proof of the risen Lord in order to believe this good news.

John 20:24-26,28-29
One of the twelve disciples, Thomas (nicknamed the Twin), was not with the others when Jesus came. They told him, “We have seen the Lord!”But he replied, “I won’t believe it unless I see the nail wounds in his hands, put my fingers into them, and place my hand into the wound in his side.”

Eight days later the disciples were together again, and this time Thomas was with them. The doors were locked; but suddenly, as before, Jesus was standing among them. “Peace be with you,” he said.
Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!”
“My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed. Then Jesus told him, “You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.”

It's interesting to note that Jesus still lives and continues to reveal Himself in graciously supernatural ways to diverse people, regardless of what they believe and consider themselves to be, and would bring all who believe in him back to life from the grave when he appear in glory in the clouds at the sound of the trump.

And finally..

10. A miracle that happens every day, as God takes a rebellious sinner, forgives their sin, grants them life, lavishes them with grace, adopts them as a child, and seals them for eternity—all because of the death and resurrection of Christ. Praise the Lord for the miracle of salvation!

John 1:12
However, to all who received him, those believing in his name, he gave authority to become God's children.

Galatians 4:7
Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own child. And since you are his child, God has made you his heir.

God bless us all, and comfort especially many who are emotionally broken and going through intense unpleasant experiences at this trying times in Jesus name, amen.

The Lord Jesus is saying to you today:
Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

For I hold you by your right hand— I, the lord your God.
And I say to you, ‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you.
(Isaiah 41:10,13)

Shalom!

Sources:
https://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/christianity/10-epic-miracles-in-the-bible.aspx

https://becomingchristians.com/2016/08/13/10-mind-blowing-miracles-found-in-the-bible-and-their-lessons/amp/

Cc:

OAM4J
lalasticlacla

Re: Amazing Miracles In The Bible That Would Revive Your Trust In God by Johntemmy(m): 4:29am On Jul 26, 2020
God is great
Re: Amazing Miracles In The Bible That Would Revive Your Trust In God by helinues: 4:59am On Jul 26, 2020
The Sun stands still.... Definitely that must be inside the Bible not in our real cosmos
Re: Amazing Miracles In The Bible That Would Revive Your Trust In God by chiommy123(f): 6:20am On Jul 26, 2020
Those Hebrew guys miracle amazes me any time any day. God is indeed beyond human understanding. Op you forgot Daniel in the lions den

1 Like

Re: Amazing Miracles In The Bible That Would Revive Your Trust In God by Dtruthspeaker: 6:32am On Jul 26, 2020
Miracles do not bring about a trust in God, ask the people who ate the fishes and bread or manna.

You have to know God to trust Him just as you had to know your husband, wife, employee or boss to trust them.

Trust is Always Based onTested and Proven Knowledge!
Re: Amazing Miracles In The Bible That Would Revive Your Trust In God by AntiChristian: 7:10am On Jul 26, 2020
I witness a miracle miracle while in Jalingo. A corper who came to camp with a swollen foot became healed and left camp with a normal foot. He dragged one of his foot to camp and after about 9days the swelling started to reduce till he started playing table tennis around. People were really surprised.

Assuming a pastor had prayed for him this would have being celebrated as the testimony of Jesus' healing!

But the guy was a staunch Muslim!
Re: Amazing Miracles In The Bible That Would Revive Your Trust In God by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 26, 2020
hmm
Re: Amazing Miracles In The Bible That Would Revive Your Trust In God by SalvationGrace: 8:22am On Jul 26, 2020
Johntemmy:
God is great

He is, but emphatically the greatest over and above all.
Re: Amazing Miracles In The Bible That Would Revive Your Trust In God by DropsMic(m): 9:08am On Jul 26, 2020
Tell me about the miracles you witnessed
Re: Amazing Miracles In The Bible That Would Revive Your Trust In God by Buliwyf: 9:10am On Jul 26, 2020
Lol. I like how all the miracles are only restricted to the bible and doesn't work these days.

Coronavirus killing pastors. No miracle.
Boro Haram killing Christians. No miracle.

The only miracles that occur in Christianity are fiction and mythology. No any culture or civilization that exists around Jews and Christians at the time of the story corroborates their story. Just lies upon lies.

So much lies that the modern Jews realize are not tenable in the modern world so they have begun to take it as allegory. But Nigerian Christians still believe the foolish lies and actually act film on the stage of their churches to fake a semblance of it.

The only Christian miracle I believe in is how come lots of people go to church to pack their money and give an obvious conman whose prophecies have failed in the past and will still fail in the future. How their pastor's keep healing the blind and deaf every Sunday but the blind and deaf in their own houses are still blind and deaf. Lol.

That is a very great miraculous suspension of the human intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Miracles In The Bible That Would Revive Your Trust In God by ublight: 9:40am On Jul 26, 2020
those miracles are not enough to make a man believe in God.
I pity u

(1) (Reply)

Gnosis Enlightenment Download Report 2020-7-26 / Jesus Was God In Heaven, Came To Earth As Man And Ascended Back As God / Jentezen Franklin – Satan’s Master Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.