Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,557 members, 7,944,668 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 09:21 PM

Islam And Racism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam And Racism (155 Views)

Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) / 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reasons / 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Islam And Racism by Dobodobo04: 10:14am On Jul 26, 2020
This morning, while at work, I was reading an article on BBC website about Sudan and racism. I will post the link to the article for people interested to read.

After reading the article, I asked myself if Islam is actually meant for Black Africans. If Arabs( the originators of Islam) see us as inferior or slaves, why are we hellbent on practising their doctrine? What’s wrong with ours?

Why should we always be the down-trodden race? Why are we still treated as slaves in Libya and other Arab countries?

My fellow Nigerian Muslims, pls explain to me how you justify the practise of Islam and the perceived view of Arab discrimination and slavery against blacks? What even enrages me is Black Africans fighting and killing each other over a Middle Eastern religion that was never designed for them.

I hope this topic makes the front page. Pls let’s react to this topic without name calling or abuses.

Nigerian Muslims, would u be practising Islam currently if you weren’t born into it?

How do you find it convenient as a Black African praying to the God of some people who find you inferior and subhuman to them?

What’s wrong with our own Africanist religion??

I have personally come to terms with my newly held faith in my Africanist religion. Yes, it has its flaws, like all religions, but also like all religions, it can be corrected and repackaged.

As a sane, self confident, and prideful Black African, I said to hell with any religion that treats me as 2nd class human years ago, and haven’t regretted it.

What’s stopping my African Muslims and Christians from taking such leap and setting themselves off the mental shackles of inferiority complex??

Pls let’s discuss........ As promised, here is the link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-53147864

(1) (Reply)

Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This / 7 Days To Freedom. The Art of Wealth Creation / One Simple Way To Stop Terrorism In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.