Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,904 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:57 PM

How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? (25186 Views)

My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me / Single Nigerian Ladies In Diaspora, Any Reason Why You Turn Down Our Guys? / Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Xstremebj: 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Ogbeni....manage jooor

Nor be the food other people dey eat for the house

Damnnnnn niggarr
Isoright
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by gideonvincent77: 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2020
"Sorry, I just ate not long"
WE HAVE BEEN LIED TO.
>>>>>>WATCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XipToDxigPQ
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Nickymichy(m): 3:16pm On Jul 26, 2020
Take all of them out on a treat...by the time you people come back there will be no need to cook again

1 Like

Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by mcdokwe(m): 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2020
Nickymichy:
Take all of them out on a treat...by the time you people come back there will be no need to cook again
Every other day?
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2020
Just buy lots of what you prefer to eat. Including cereals.

If she sees that you already have options, she won't get offended.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Seunpaul01(m): 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2020
Who give a damn if she is offended or not. Your food sucks gal...Go back home and learn.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Sleekfingers: 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sermwell:
I have cause to visit Lagos in order to secure the bail of a younger one who got into trouble. My cousin who stays in Lagos insisted I stay with him. He has a wife and 3 kids.

The problem now is that I don't think his wife knows how to cook!! I have had running stomach eating her food since 4 days ago. I tried to turn down her food last night but it didn't go well as she pleaded with me to eat which I did. I had stomach upset through out the night. I just can't imagine eating her food again till I leave.

Please how do I refuse her food without sounding offensive??

why not simply tell her the truth. It might sound harsh. But she will definitely change or learn how to cook... Thats what i would do. If i am in your shoes....

I dont think it is wise to displease yourself just to please someone
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Troj(m): 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sleekfingers:

why not simply tell her the truth. It might sound harsh. But she will definitely change or learn how to cook... Thats what i would do. If i am in your shoes....

You get seme seme belle. How about your cousin that has been eating her food for years?
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 26, 2020
Request for bread and tea/chocolate drink... once in a day, preferably breakfast. Eat lunch out and dinner. Problem solved.

Also stop saying she doesn't know how to cook, it is not your place and it is none of your business. The husband likes her cooking like that. So face front and go and marry your own wife to know what it is like for a woman to labor three times a day in the kitchen to prepare your meals.

Sermwell:
I have cause to visit Lagos in order to secure the bail of a younger one who got into trouble. My cousin who stays in Lagos insisted I stay with him. He has a wife and 3 kids.

The problem now is that I don't think his wife knows how to cook!! I have had running stomach eating her food since 4 days ago. I tried to turn down her food last night but it didn't go well as she pleaded with me to eat which I did. I had stomach upset through out the night. I just can't imagine eating her food again till I leave.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Yankee101: 3:34pm On Jul 26, 2020
What frequent travellers do is eat boiled eggs, bananas, etc in places with bad water/food

Something protected from dirt and bad preparation naturally
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by simondee93(m): 3:51pm On Jul 26, 2020
SmilingScorpion:
grin
The woman dey help you porge your system for free and you no happy.
When was the last time you tool purge.
Tell her you want to drink tea or boiled hot water
Like seriously,Boiled hot water?or you meant fried or roasted hot water?
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by phemmyfour: 3:53pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sermwell:

collect the food, pour it inside the toilet and flush!
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Olisehinnocent: 3:55pm On Jul 26, 2020
Eat outside, if they give you food at home put it in water proof and throw it away. No go and kill yourself o
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by ItrendNaija(m): 3:59pm On Jul 26, 2020
Politely tell them if it were a hotdog you wouldn't reject. grin

Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by graejo: 4:06pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sermwell:

Tell her u have just started a 10days dry fasting and prayer for God to help your family and also save your younger brother from trouble. She can't force u to eat again while u are fasting except she is a devil. When u are hungry, go to any restaurant nearby and enjoy a good meal. Thank me later
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2020
Eat and then go outside and vomit the food immediately by dipping your finger into your throat. Nothing do you. Though some women don't just know how to cook.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by goldensoul55: 4:11pm On Jul 26, 2020
You are a very bad man , people like you won't get married but will see all the wrongs in other people's wife , how can you say a woman with three kids doesn't know how to cook? Are the kids purging ? Is the husband purging ?

Msheeew after eating all the nonsense u bought on the road while travelling you want to blame it on the woman's cooking , your sense didn't tell you it's the food you ate while travelling that change your system ,you are coming here to talk trash on someone's wife .
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by jornwhite: 4:16pm On Jul 26, 2020
pocohantas:
The best way to turn down people’s food without offending them, is by cooking better than them.

Rather than keep saying “I can’t/won’t eat”, you say “How about I fix us dinner tonight?”.

When you cook, the curiosity in them would naturally make them wanna see you do it again. They may even get the message and willingly take the back seat.
Anything else would be looked upon as destructive criticism. How can you even criticize food when you no fit boil water? tongue tongue

If you are not personalizing topics you are changing the narrative ... it must suit you.
In your over wisdom you could not see the topic bears no gender, must all of us know how to cook before b4 we can turn down foods ..NO.
There is a song in the book of psalm that says "where ever you go, do not say Yes when you mean to say NO if you don't feel like eating simple insinuate No with a polite excuses or reason,. i av eaten already , or i am avoiding heavy meals or rice will soon grow on my head o !
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by asatemple(f): 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2020
Buy flagyl tablet. Once you are done with the food, take the drug. I think she’s a nice woman except for the fact that she doesn’t meet up to your taste in terms of cooking
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by deltateam: 4:27pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sermwell:

No matter what you do, please don't tell her that she doesn't know how to cook.

You can politely tell her you have eaten or you don't feel like eating.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by pocohantas(f): 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2020
jornwhite:

If you are not personalizing topics you are changing the narrative ... it must suit you.
In your over wisdom you could not see the topic bears no gender, must all of us know how to cook before b4 we can turn down foods ..NO.
There is a song in the book of psalm that says "where ever you go, do not say Yes when you mean to say NO if you don't feel like eating simple insinuate No with a polite excuses or reason,. i av eaten already , or i am avoiding heavy meals or rice will soon grow on my head o !

Just so you know, I am your rodo, right here to pepper you. Henceforth I will tag you to all my comments. They are very intentional to cause you PAIN. I would NEVER shrink or change to accommodate you and your BS. So, brace for impact... grin
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by deltateam: 4:30pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sermwell:

I thought of that but it's too late because he may take offence. I don't want issues!!

I have never seen nor heard of taking offense over petty issues.

Oya continue eating poison nah.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by deltateam: 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2020
madridguy:
Tell both the husband and wife that due to some health issue you cannot disclose with them you will prefer taking bread and butter alone for mow.

This one dey sha and add protein source anytime he goes out.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Emanodimo(m): 4:36pm On Jul 26, 2020
madridguy:
Tell both the husband and wife that due to some health issue you cannot disclose with them you will prefer taking bread and butter alone for mow.

Wise one.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by jaxxy(m): 4:38pm On Jul 26, 2020
mcdokwe:
insensitive is the better word. Have you considered how they'd feel if they see the food where it was dumped?
A better thing to do is tell her the food doesn't augur well with his system and that's likely the case as other members of the household don't suffer the same fate as op.

Na person we all be and every effort should be appreciated.

U shudnt force people to eat ur food. It’s not proper either. If I don’t want it, it shud be fine.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Denissy(m): 4:43pm On Jul 26, 2020
Tell her that her food doesn't go well with your system and it makes u have running stomach and at such you will like to stop eating your food. It's your body and your life. No need suffering yourself just to please someone else
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by SavageMaster: 4:44pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sleekfingers:

It would be easier to tell the cousin than his wife. You can only attempt to correct someone you're close to.

He is also not sure how his cousin will react if the Op tells him.

I think the best is to eat outside, come home and say you'll eat quite little because you have "loss of appetite". (Loss of appetite for her food; Lol).

Then, keep some anti-motility drugs eg. Loperamide, handy in case the running stomach repeats.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
If you are the only one having stomach upset....them it could be change of environment affecting you. Don't be too quick to judge her

1 Like

Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by gabicon: 5:01pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sermwell:

Breakfast isn't usually so bad, eat breakfast at home. When you are out in the afternoon have lunch and dinner. When you get home at night tell them you had a late lunch, you can seat with them at the dinner table with a glass of juice or water just to make them comfortable.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Elsiedaniels(f): 5:04pm On Jul 26, 2020
Here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bride Price And Dowry; the Difference And Similarity. Which do you practice? / How Do I Deal With An Annoying Father-in-law ? / A Concubine Should Not Be Made To Pay For The Sins Of A Cheating Spouse!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.