Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,613 members, 7,885,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:21 AM

Documents Required To Sell A Property - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Documents Required To Sell A Property (194 Views)

Documents Required For Property Transfer In Nigeria / Documents Required For Legitimate And Complete Purchase Of Land In Nigeria / How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Documents Required To Sell A Property by victorVIC1(m): 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2020
Hi fellow Nairalanders,

My dad got a property from his previous employer as a gift some years back. However, the only document he got for the property was a Memorandum of Gift (Signed by the CEO and company's lawyer).

Currently, my dad does not have a C of O or any other government related documents for the property.

The challenge now is he is considering selling off the property due to relocation plans.

Is the Memorandum of Gift sufficient enough for him to sell off the property or what other documents would be required of him to sell the property hitch free?

Thanks
Re: Documents Required To Sell A Property by gratefulheart(m): 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2020
Let him conduct a search on the said property and see the information he will get
After that he can get governor's consent before selling the property.

victorVIC1:
Hi fellow Nairalanders,

My dad got a property from his previous employer as a gift some years back. However, the only document he got for the property was a Memorandum of Gift (Signed by the CEO and company's lawyer).

Currently, my dad does not have a C of O or any other government related documents for the property.

The challenge now is he is considering selling off the property due to relocation plans.

Is the Memorandum of Gift sufficient enough for him to sell off the property or what other documents would be required of him to sell the property hitch free?

Thanks
Re: Documents Required To Sell A Property by victorVIC1(m): 9:23pm On Jul 26, 2020
gratefulheart:
Let him conduct a search on the said property and see the information he will get
After that he can get governor's consent before selling the property.

Noted with thanks

(1) (Reply)

. / One Storey Duplex For Sale @ Ogbohill Aba, Abia State . / House Rents In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.