Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,125 members, 7,949,884 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 09:49 PM

Why Are Africans Not Dying EN MASSE From Covid-19? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Are Africans Not Dying EN MASSE From Covid-19? (281 Views)

They (the black) are Not Dying Of COVID,' Nurse Nicole Sirotek Said. / American Man Asks Why Nigerians Are Not Dying From Corona Virus, See The Replies / Jesse Otegbayo Recovers From COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Africans Not Dying EN MASSE From Covid-19? by Meekha(m): 9:39pm On Jul 26, 2020
It is still a wonder that Africa which have the weakest response system to pandemics is the continent with the least casualties. When compared with America and other Western countries with some of the best medical facilities, Africa is faring better

Everyday on the streets, I see people without any facemask and no fear of contracting the disease and yet, their carelessness seems to be justified by the fact that they don't get the disease!

Do we really contract the disease and then those little soldiers in our blood get to withstand the virus or does it mean that the strain of the virus in Africa is relatively weaker than it's Western counterpart?

What is happening? Can we attribute it to our immune system? Or we are more advanced immune-wise than the Whites?

Whether it's a matter of faulty detection, climatic factors or simple fluke, the remarkably low rate of coronavirus infection in African countries, with their fragile health systems, continues to puzzle – and worry – experts.

I know a lot of people will call my attention to the increasing rates of infections and deaths in Africa, particularly South Africa but they are nothing close to countries with better healthcare system who even took better preemptive measures to contain the virus!
Re: Why Are Africans Not Dying EN MASSE From Covid-19? by Hezzyluv: 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2020
Suffer don make our immune system strong pass covid-19 grin
Re: Why Are Africans Not Dying EN MASSE From Covid-19? by AdeniyiA(m): 10:03pm On Jul 26, 2020
Those who live sedentary lifestyles and eat much of processed and packaged foods are more at risk of dying of covid19.
Re: Why Are Africans Not Dying EN MASSE From Covid-19? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 26, 2020
south Africans are not Africans?? Nigerians are the worst set of racist
Re: Why Are Africans Not Dying EN MASSE From Covid-19? by Meekha(m): 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2020
10minutes:

I don't know if you are suffering from comprehension problem! Why are you forcing racism into this intelligent discussion? Does my statement about South Africa suggest that I am stereotyping them? Or are you just pretending to be stupid?

If Aluta dey catch you, abeg comot from this thread! Oniranu

1 Like

Re: Why Are Africans Not Dying EN MASSE From Covid-19? by Meekha(m): 10:22pm On Jul 26, 2020
10minutes:

This is quite helpful. I think eating junkie may be a risk factor considering the fact that they are not immune boosters!

But there is no scientific claim to support this shaa. Just thinking.....
Re: Why Are Africans Not Dying EN MASSE From Covid-19? by Meekha(m): 10:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
Hezzyluv:
Suffer don make our immune system strong pass covid-19 grin

Quite hilarious! grin grin ;

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Can Plank Exercises Help Lose Belly Fat Fast? / 5 Benefits Of Jogging / How To Make A Woman Wet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.