Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,755 members, 7,875,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:53 AM

Nagging- Men Also Nag - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nagging- Men Also Nag (209 Views)

Men Also Cry!!! / How Do I Keep On Pushing With Nagging Relatives? / Nigerian Lady Advises Married Men To Have Regular Sex With Wives To Stop Nagging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nagging- Men Also Nag by rexericx(m): 2:03am On Jul 29, 2020
Nagging—the interaction in which one person repeatedly makes a request, the other person repeatedly ignores it and both become increasingly annoyed—is an issue every couple will grapple with at some point. While the word itself can provoke chuckles and eye-rolling, the dynamic can potentially be as dangerous to a marriage as adultery or bad finances. Experts say it is exactly the type of toxic communication that can eventually sink a relationship.

Why do we nag? "We have a perception that we won't get what we want from the other person, so we feel we need to keep asking in order to get it.

It is a vicious circle: The naggee tires of the badgering and starts to withhold, which makes the nagger nag more.

Jovia_Voice It Out

Nagging can become a prime contributor to divorce when couples start fighting about the nagging rather than talking about the issue at the root of the nagging.

All couples deal with nagging at some point, those who learn to reduce this type of negative communication will substantially increase their odds of staying together and keeping love alive. Couples who don't learn often fall out of love and split up.

Negative communication patterns lead to nagging.
Nagging is an enemy of love, if allowed to persist.

The first step in curbing the nagging cycle, experts say, is to admit that you are stuck in a bad pattern. You are fighting about fighting. You need to work to understand what makes the other person tick. Rather than less caring and unloving, is your partner overworked and tired?

Some tips for both partners to help curb Nagging.

1.Calm down—both of you. Recognize the pattern you are in and talk about how to address it as a team. You will both need to change your behavior, and ground rules can help.

Jovia_Voice It Out

2.Look at it from the other person's perspective. 'Honey, when you ignore me I feel that you don't love me.' 'I feel that you don't appreciate what I am already doing when you nag me.'

3.Manage your expectations.

4.If you are the naggee, give a clear response to your partner's request.

5. Stop constant or frequent request/ reminder of things, some don't like it, meanwhile you feel you are helping out.

My research so far dedicated to me ojare.

Jovia_Voice It Out

Join us on Facebook

https://www./549890931861236/permalink/1533666896816963/

(1) (Reply)

Herbs And Spices / How To Clean A Mattress Topper / Dress Tips For The Stylish Moms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.