Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,361 members, 7,947,589 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 01:33 AM

Nokia's Empire About To Crumble ! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia's Empire About To Crumble ! (1846 Views)

Last Empire War Z Online Diamonds, Fuel And Food / Pirate Empire Game Android Solutions Tool Coins,diamonds APK Ios / News:research No Motion;how The Blackberry Ceo Lost An Empire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia's Empire About To Crumble ! by elrony(m): 3:33pm On Feb 13, 2011
lexus u re a bad guy lol, dats business strategy tho, we consumers jst say wat we feel bout wat we re gettin lol, i feel u
Re: Nokia's Empire About To Crumble ! by Lexusgs430: 3:45pm On Feb 13, 2011
elrony:

lexus u re a bad guy lol, dats business strategy tho, we consumers jst say wat we feel bout wat we re gettin lol, i feel u

But one thing for sure, is that all companies or service providers, do what they all do to the best of their abilities, and would expect criticism, they will then go back to the drawing board to make it better than previous.
If companies made perfect products, why would they keep their design and production team ?? Food for thought !!!
8 years ago if person dash you blackberry devices, you go run, but now ,
They will get it right eventually, it's market strategy !!!
Re: Nokia's Empire About To Crumble ! by elrony(m): 4:32pm On Feb 13, 2011
Lexusgs430:

But one thing for sure, is that all companies or service providers, do what they all do to the best of their abilities, and would expect criticism, they will then go back to the drawing board to make it better than previous.
If companies made perfect products, why would they keep their design and production team ?? Food for thought !!!
8 years ago if person dash you blackberry devices, you go run, but now ,
They will get it right eventually, it's market strategy !!!
nice but why does it seemz u 're hatin on NOKIA
Re: Nokia's Empire About To Crumble ! by Lexusgs430: 4:42pm On Feb 13, 2011
elrony:

nice but why does it seemz u 're hatin on NOKIA

I am not hating Nokia, they just seem to remain on a burning platform, while other phone manufactures where dancing latest moves around them, and surpassing them.
Back in the days, if i wanted to get a phone, it had to be Nokia or no other !!!
Re: Nokia's Empire About To Crumble ! by elrony(m): 5:05pm On Feb 13, 2011
Lexusgs430:

I am not hating Nokia, they just seem to remain on a burning platform, while other phone manufactures where dancing latest moves around them, and surpassing them.
Back in the days, if i wanted to get a phone, it had to be Nokia or no other !!!
kul, so wat is ur opinion on the nokia WP7 ??
Re: Nokia's Empire About To Crumble ! by Lexusgs430: 5:20pm On Feb 13, 2011
elrony:

kul, so wat is your opinion on the nokia WP7 ??

That concept looks like an Iphone or HTC, I have not used it or tested it, so not in a position to review. If and when i test it, i will post my opinions !!!
Re: Nokia's Empire About To Crumble ! by elrony(m): 5:29pm On Feb 13, 2011
no problemo
Re: Nokia's Empire About To Crumble ! by texazzpete(m): 9:47pm On Feb 13, 2011
Lexusgs430:

Where did you get your facts about RIM losing market share in the US and Europe from ?(especially Europe )

You're way out of touch

Sorry, bro, but RIM is steadily losing ground. Android is gaining, so is IOS. Enterprise customers are migrating to iOS.

Deutsche bank has dumped Blackberry for the iPhone
http://www.9to5mac.com/49040/deutsche-bank-analyst-says-theres-no-return-to-blackberry-after-iphone-trial

Citigroup and Bank of America are concluding plans to abandon blackberries. Standard Chartered bank is replacing Blackberry with iPhone.
The blackberry playbook is no match for the Android Tablets coming out very soon and will also be blitzed by the iPad 2.
It's only a matter of time before RIM starts writing their own 'burning platform' memo.
Re: Nokia's Empire About To Crumble ! by Lexusgs430: 10:39pm On Feb 13, 2011
texazzpete:

You're way out of touch

Sorry, bro, but RIM is steadily losing ground. Android is gaining, so is IOS. Enterprise customers are migrating to iOS.

Deutsche bank has dumped Blackberry for the iPhone
http://www.9to5mac.com/49040/deutsche-bank-analyst-says-theres-no-return-to-blackberry-after-iphone-trial

Citigroup and Bank of America are concluding plans to abandon blackberries. Standard Chartered bank is replacing Blackberry with iPhone.
The blackberry playbook is no match for the Android Tablets coming out very soon and will also be blitzed by the iPad 2.
It's only a matter of time before RIM starts writing their own 'burning platform' memo.

Thanks for the resourceful insight. If you fully understand the way the ICT market works, you will not be listing blue chip companies as the measure of popularity or success.
Re: Nokia's Empire About To Crumble ! by Azanor(m): 10:42pm On Feb 13, 2011
Re: Nokia's Empire About To Crumble ! by texazzpete(m): 10:45pm On Feb 13, 2011
Lexusgs430:

Thanks for the resourceful insight. If you fully understand the way the ICT market works, you will not be listing blue chip companies as the measure of popularity or success.

We're talking about MARKETSHARE here, buddy. What part of that do you not understand? Isn't that computed using the number of smartphones sold to ALL customers?
We're talking about a decline for RIM. If they are losing ground to Android in the consumer market and losing ground in the enterprise market, doesn't that paint a picture of general decline? Didn't you hear how RIM's 'game changer' blackberry Torch launched to seriously underwhelming sales in the US?

The chart i pasted is from Gartner, and they are pretty well respected. It clearly shows a decline for RIM from '09 to 2010. If you think GArtner doesn't have an insight into how the ICT market works, kindly mail them and tell them.
Re: Nokia's Empire About To Crumble ! by Lexusgs430: 10:50pm On Feb 13, 2011
texazzpete:

We're talking about MARKETSHARE here, buddy. What part of that do you not understand? Isn't that computed using the number of smartphones sold to ALL customers?
We're talking about a decline for RIM. If they are losing ground to Android in the consumer market and losing ground in the enterprise market, doesn't that paint a picture of general decline? Didn't you hear how RIM's 'game changer' blackberry Torch launched to seriously underwhelming sales in the US?

The chart i pasted is from Gartner, and they are pretty well respected. It clearly shows a decline for RIM from '09 to 2010. If you think GArtner doesn't have an insight into how the ICT market works, kindly mail them and tell them.

In all my postings, i have not insulted anyone's intelligence, so please don't insult mine !!!!
Re: Nokia's Empire About To Crumble ! by texazzpete(m): 11:00pm On Feb 13, 2011
Lexusgs430:

In all my postings, i have not insulted anyone's intelligence, so please don't insult mine !!!!

Didn't mean any offence. Apologies if it came across that way.

Fact of the matter is, i use the best non-touchscreen Blackberry device (Bold 9780). It has 512MB of RAM. yet it still hangs once too often, still sometimes requires a battery pull, still remains sluggish. Is the really the best RIM could do?
RIM promised so much with OS 6. So far, it's still not good enough.
Re: Nokia's Empire About To Crumble ! by Lexusgs430: 11:12pm On Feb 13, 2011
texazzpete:

Didn't mean any offence. Apologies if it came across that way.

Fact of the matter is, i use the best non-touchscreen Blackberry device (Bold 9780). It has 512MB of RAM. yet it still hangs once too often, still sometimes requires a battery pull, still remains sluggish. Is the really the best RIM could do?
RIM promised so much with OS 6. So far, it's still not good enough.

Apology accepted, Thanks. I am a blackberry user also, and i fully agree with you, the OS is crap, but most end users seem to love Blackberry cos of the convenience it seems to offer.
Lets us hope that with the smartphone market hotting up, RIM would up the ante !!!!

Thanks Texazzpete, you're a gentleman !!!!
Re: Nokia's Empire About To Crumble ! by sulakishop(m): 11:33pm On Feb 13, 2011
IF NO BE PANADOL, E NO FIT BE LIKE PANADOL LAELAE WALAHI!
IT'S FOREVER NOKIA!!
Re: Nokia's Empire About To Crumble ! by Azanor(m): 12:10am On Feb 14, 2011
after watching a couple of Windows Phone 7 videos, I have come to realize that the OS has some serious potential. It's speedy as hell and the UI is very simple and straightforward. I would have liked it if they had folders for applications instead of just a long list. and of course they are lacking many major features. However, if they can settle these problems with the next update (which is due sometime in march) then I believe that they have a very good chance of catching up to iOS and Android. But from the rumors I'm hearing, it looks like the update coming in march wont be a major one and we will have to wait till later in the year to see features like copy & paste and 3rd party multitasking.
Re: Nokia's Empire About To Crumble ! by tinachan: 11:40am On Feb 22, 2011
I am not disappointed by Nokia's this decision. Moreover I am excited about it. I take it as Nokia adding 1 more OS to its family after Symbian, Qt, and MeeGo. It would be interesting to see another OS (WP7) with Nokia and how it drives the competition in the market.
Looking forward to it guys. smiley
Re: Nokia's Empire About To Crumble ! by WackyJ1(m): 1:28pm On Feb 22, 2011
Lexusgs430:

Thanks. I am a blackberry user also, and i fully agree with you, the OS is crap,
you finally admitted it

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Unsubscribe From Glo Romantic Tips / Can Iphone 4s 16gb Locked To Verizon Be Unlocked? / Android 4.4 Kitkat (Top 10 Features)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.