Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,506 members, 7,885,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 12:55 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away (38848 Views)

Giroud Wins 2018/19 Europa League Top Scorer / Lionel Messi Receives 5th Golden Shoe Award For Europe's Top Scorer / Paul Onuachu Is Nigeria’s Top Scorer In 2017; Beats Onyekuru, Okpotu, Ighalo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by DesChyko: 3:31pm On Jul 31, 2020
Moura7:

Lol...maybe we should ask sincere arsenal fans how good Ozil was when they brought him in
Ozil had 0.65 goal contributions per game at Werder Bremen. He moved up to 0.67 goal contribution per game while playing for Madrid. How does his 0.48 goal contribution per game for Arsenal in England compare to that?

and ask them of Carzola's importance in that same arsenal team
Carzola signed for Arsenal in the 2012/2013 season. There are about 190 PL games within that period. A regular player should play in at least 150 games within that stretch. The Carzola you are marketing missed not less than 135 games while playing at Arsenal. Bros, forget Carzola abeg. He never stayed fit enough to actually matter.

Suarez came to Liverpool and became their best player same way Ronaldo did at Madrid.
Suarez won the European Golden shoe in EPL with 62 points after three years. He did the same at La Liga with 80 points in his very first season. End of discussion.

You talk about Sanchez's form at Udinese, was that same form replicated at Barca? but what happened when he landed at Arsenal, dude excelled effortlessly individually.
Well, Sanchez had a goal contribution of 0.59 per game while playing in Spain. Compared to 0.5 per game in the PL. Shaved.

Injury prone Bale lol, so EPL is tougher and laliga is easier but he wasn't injury prone at the supposed tougher league but came to the easier one and all of a sudden he's injury prone, wow. Now please be honest with your self, you have a chance to pick Tottenham's Bale and Madrid's bale, which would you pick?
Even RVP went through injury prone and injury free sessions in England alone. This is not up for argument. An injury prone player is an injury prone player, irrespective of the league being played in. One only needs to look at the record of injuries within seasons to see this.
De gea developed at manU, a whole Atletico Madrid's no1 developed at manU. Fergie brought a mere developer to replace a whole Van de sar then what was Ben Foster doing?
De Gea arrived as a teenager in Man Utd and underwent quite a tumultous start to his career. And of course, the De Gea who achieved world fame did so over his years (never immediately) at Man Utd. His best years came at least after a season or two since signing.
Oh, and for the record, when Ben Foster was sold, De Gea didn't expect to see himself in a United shirt.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by DesChyko: 3:33pm On Jul 31, 2020
Techiekingee:

Lol....keep consoling urself o...
U can as well add Dubai d'Or as one of his major awards....
Una no even gt shame....
The way no one gvs a f**k abt Henderson winning FWA is the same way no one gvs a f**k abt Ronaldo's player of d year

Still.. No reputable link to prove your submission. grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by Techiekingee(m): 3:41pm On Jul 31, 2020
DesChyko:

Still.. No reputable link to prove your submission. grin
That's ur business.....u are consolin urself with an award Messi has won 9 times.... think of something else brother..... it's too lame
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by DesChyko: 3:54pm On Jul 31, 2020
Techiekingee:

That's ur business.....u are consolin urself with an award Messi has won 9 times.... think of something else brother..... it's too lame

Yet again, no link.
Sha slow down how you dish out non-existent information. This is no beer parlour.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by Techiekingee(m): 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2020
DesChyko:

Yet again, no link.
Sha slow down how you dish out non-existent information. This is no beer parlour.
U get my point, stop claiming intellect here....
We all know the awards that count.....Choose to turn a blind eye....na u sabi....
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:19pm On Jul 31, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Bale a flop?? He has 4ucl and 3la liga trophies with madrid and yet you call him a flop... Bale has not been playing recently, but thats mainly because zidane does not like him not because he's not good.. let me ask you a question.. since Bale started playing in Spain, how many players in that country have more goals than him within that period?

And bros, Higuain and sanchez did not move FROM EPL TO LA LIGA

as for A.song, he was not a world class player during his time in epl either

And oga, harry kane would easily score 40goals in la liga
SHow me where I said they came from EPL.
I said Record has it that 85% of players that move from the EPL to Spain end up as flops or average. Even players from other Leagues.

If you say Kane can score up to 40 goals in LaLiga then you're insinuating that he's better than Messi and Suarez.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by gibzzhd: 4:19pm On Jul 31, 2020
if it was Ronaldo giving us 21assist a season the world would have told us how super he was and how it's strange to have such a figure but for Messi it's normal to score and also assist
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by OfficialJayy: 5:03pm On Jul 31, 2020
MetalJigsaw:
SHow me where I said they came from EPL.
I said Record has it that 85% of players that move from the EPL to Spain end up as flops or average. Even players from other Leagues.

If you say Kane can score up to 40 goals in LaLiga then you're insinuating that he's better than Messi and Suarez.

Please explain to me what you mean by 'even players from other leagues' cuz Sanchez was not a flop in Spain, neither was higuain..

pls how does saying that Kane would score 40goals imply that he is better than messi or suarez?? afterall, suarez has scored 40 goals in a single la liga season before while messi even scored 50.. just because those two did not score much this season does not mean they cant score 40 next season

Incase you dont know, Kane was the highest goal scorer in europe in 2017.. the first player to break the messi-cr7 duopoly of being the highest goal scorer in a calendar year....
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by Moura7(m): 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2020
DesChyko:

Ozil had 0.65 goal contributions per game at Werder Bremen. He moved up to 0.67 goal contribution per game while playing for Madrid. How does his 0.48 goal contribution per game for Arsenal in England compare to that?

Carzola signed for Arsenal in the 2012/2013 season. There are about 190 PL games within that period. A regular player should play in at least 150 games within that stretch. The Carzola you are marketing missed not less than 135 games while playing at Arsenal. Bros, forget Carzola abeg. He never stayed fit enough to actually matter.

Suarez won the European Golden shoe in EPL with 62 points after three years. He did the same at La Liga with 80 points in his very first season. End of discussion.

Well, Sanchez had a goal contribution of 0.59 per game while playing in Spain. Compared to 0.5 per game in the PL. Shaved.

Even RVP went through injury prone and injury free sessions in England alone. This is not up for argument. An injury prone player is an injury prone player, irrespective of the league being played in. One only needs to look at the record of injuries within seasons to see this.

De Gea arrived as a teenager in Man Utd and underwent quite a tumultous start to his career. And of course, the De Gea who achieved world fame did so over his years (never immediately) at Man Utd. His best years came at least after a season or two since signing.
Oh, and for the record, when Ben Foster was sold, De Gea didn't expect to see himself in a United shirt.

Nice stats....I really like the way the argument is so educative and non-insulting at all.
Now let's talk about the main issue which is players the came to the EPL and performed really well individually.
Santi suffered injuries ,yes including one that kept him out for almost two years and there was even the rumor that his leg might be amputated but before that, in his first season in Arsenal, he scored 12 goals and recorded 14 assists in that PL season and he went produce that nice performance in the next two seasons before the injuries began. Ask any arsenal fan the importance of Santi, he was even dubbed "The Magician" there at the Emirates.
You also mentioned RVP's injuries that began at the latter years of his career in the EPL...let's remember that before then dude had already gotten himself two golden boots there and had done pretty well for him, it's only fair that the law of diminishing marginal returns caught up with him. He produced a stellar performance individually before the injuries began, let's be honest Bale hasn't done that yet even after 7 seasons.
Ozil is an on and off player, he was better at Madrid I won't lie but he was pretty important to Arsenal and his all time highest came at the EPL when he recorded 19 assists and also arsenal hadn't won any trophy for nine years prior to his arrival.
Now Alexis, your stats about him was wrong sha. He goal contributions to barca in laliga was a total is 73 in 141 matches which is 0.59 while at Arsenal in the EPL, he had gcr of 0.7 . He immediately became a figurehead at Arsenal at the time of his arrival. You won't lie, he was one of the best EPL players during his time at Arsenal.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by oyatainer(m): 7:39pm On Jul 31, 2020
HantaVirus:
Imagine a 35 year old footballer scoring 31 league goals in a season shocked

37 year old Quadirrella did it last year with a lower quality team,Sampdoria
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by Equity15(m): 8:03pm On Jul 31, 2020
Techiekingee:

Lol, dumb fans...... dat's how y'all claimed Lukaku was Man U problem and a bad player...
How many goals has Lukaku scored in his first season in serie A??.... Even Ronaldo didn't score as much in his first season......SHAME

Lukaku isn't even half the player messi is yet u come here to spill rubbishes
you're the dumb one here..was it in the same season? what the fvck are you saying man? what kinda comparison is that? i'm very sure lukaku scored more goals than delima ronaldo or F.inzaghi or the greatest seria A strikers in their first season in seria A(and those players weren't 35 in their debut season) does that make lukaku better? abeg use sense talk na.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by obonujoker(m): 9:04pm On Jul 31, 2020
Moura7:

lol...laliga is way too easy? Joke.

Pls bro mention 5 players that have come from EPL to laliga and have dominated it exceptionally as an individual. I mean someone who developed as a player in the EPL like Ronaldo, give me four more

Suarez
Bale
Van Nistelrooy
Beckham
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by Moura7(m): 9:36pm On Jul 31, 2020
obonujoker:

Suarez
Bale
Van Nistelrooy
Beckham

I know I said in my comment "someone that developed as a player in the EPL", Suarez and Van were already established strikers in the eredivise with Ajax and PSV. They both won the golden boot there as well and even did same in the EPL too.
Bale??....Cmon..did you watch Bale at spurs? He was the best player in the EPL when he left but has he been able to replicate such form in the supposed easier laliga??.... I'll leave you to answer that.
The only near valid point is the fact you mentioned Beckham.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by Moura7(m): 9:49pm On Jul 31, 2020
DesChyko:

Sorry I forgot...Suarez's first season as a barca player, he wasn't in the top five, he was actually in eight position with sixteen goals. It was in the following season he scored 40 to win the pichichi, now make no mistake I'm a barca fan and I love Suarez and he's a very fantastic player but he hit that high because he was helped alot. Messi and Neymar esp helped him alot to achieve that...for example in the last three games, he hit 9 goals in 3 games. Messi let off 3 penalties to him in those 9 goals plus when they were in 1 on 1 situations but they'd pass so he'd tap in. This is my own opinion tho and you don't have to accept it, I think they did that so he'd have a shot at the pichichi rather than Ronaldo who finished second with 35 goals

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by obonujoker(m): 11:29pm On Jul 31, 2020
paulolee:

just leave them...all of a sudden the sarri becomes dt bad...even if you place pep as the head of this juve and klopp to assist him, they would still struggle...
juve problem is dealing more on business (the cr7 factor) than building a young vibrant team like the rest are doing....they would keep winning the league because no close competitor but would keep struggling in Europe....psg and bayern made same mistakes but now they av learnt and building a young team..

But Messi is still in Barcelona, and no wonder they can't win anything in Europe grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by obonujoker(m): 11:32pm On Jul 31, 2020
Airyprince:
very funny if messi was in this team he doesn't need to score 30+ all he has to do is create enough chance for Higuain n dybala to score 30+ goals and still score more than 20+ deal with it messi is a better team player than penaldo

The same way he does at the Argentine side
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by obonujoker(m): 11:36pm On Jul 31, 2020
gibzzhd:

Nigerian league is the most competitive league.it has different winners almost every year.RUBBUSH
EPL is a bunch of competitive mediocre.I prefer quality over quantity.La liga has the best quality.The best footballers are plays there.The biggest names in the EPL ain't fulfilled until they wear the best jersey from the best league EPL should just enjoy their English hype and promotion.Its still not selling

Laliga had no quality players..

Name 3 great strikers plying their trade in laliga of today??
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by obonujoker(m): 11:40pm On Jul 31, 2020
paulolee:

lolz. he is still the goat and can't win just immobile in smaller lazio in golden boot race..
two seasons in juve and cant win the top scorer but no probs because they would still gv him the best player again bcoz he is the richest player in the league..
you guys call him the goal machine but leo have won the golden boot more than him both in Europe and in the league..
mayb the new challenge ur goat seeked was to go n win the league with juve that have already won it 8 times..
i cnt write him off bcoz they is a match remaining and he can still bag 5 goals abi??

Clown... What has Messi won outside Varcelona??
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by obonujoker(m): 11:41pm On Jul 31, 2020
khingTony:

Messi
League goals: 59
Penalties: 15
Goals without penalties: 44

Ronaldo
League goals: 31
Penalties: 12
Goals without pk: 19

Now cry me a river cheesy

Messi scored 50 league goals with 17 penalties bro
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by obonujoker(m): 11:43pm On Jul 31, 2020
Techiekingee:

Any player can win player serie A player of d. year Even defenders and keepers win it
I'm talking of awards that makes him compete out of his league and recognised in all Europe not just serie A ....Golden boot, the best, Balon d'Or....
Ronaldo was used to winning them in Madrid .....not now

do u know how many times Messi has won Laliga player of the year......but who recognizes it.......

Lol... Why has Messi not left Barcelona to try and win something major elsewhere??
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by obonujoker(m): 11:46pm On Jul 31, 2020
Techiekingee:

So, this boy u don't even know football nd m here arguing with u....
Is there an award given for top scorer or champions League??

Is this the method in which European golden boots are awarded??....

Just go and sleep

Seems you clownlona fans forgot Ronaldo won scorer award at UNL 2019??
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by obonujoker(m): 11:48pm On Jul 31, 2020
MetalJigsaw:
Then why is Hazard struggling at Real Madrid?

Record has it that 85% of players that move from the EPL to Spain end up as flops or average. Even players from other Leagues.
What does that imply to you Mr?

Hazard
Bale
Song
Higuain
Sanchez
just a few

How can you say harry Kane would score 40 goals in Laliga ... Deep down you know it's a big lie.

Clown...

Higuain,Sanchez came from EPL to lalifarm??
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by obonujoker(m): 11:50pm On Jul 31, 2020
paulolee:

thanks boss but we jus cnt keep winning all the time

Ronaldo already has 4 golden shoes with 2 different teams... I think he should rest small too

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by obonujoker(m): 11:54pm On Jul 31, 2020
Techiekingee:

Lol.... Lalifarm grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:16am On Aug 01, 2020
obonujoker:

Clown...
Higuain,Sanchez came from EPL to lalifarm??
Fool
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by Techiekingee(m): 1:44am On Aug 01, 2020
obonujoker:

Seems you clownlona fans forgot Ronaldo won scorer award at UNL 2019??
See this clown.....wich UNL....D One Mitrovic won top scorer or wich one ...even Lukaku outscored him...
Oga Joker, don't talk about football when u don't watch it
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by Techiekingee(m): 1:45am On Aug 01, 2020
obonujoker:

Lol... Why has Messi not left Barcelona to try and win something major elsewhere??
Lol...go and force or drag him na....pained asses
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by obonujoker(m): 1:46am On Aug 01, 2020
Techiekingee:

Lol...go and force or drag him na....pained asses

Then stop talking about Ronaldo... And face Messi
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by obonujoker(m): 1:47am On Aug 01, 2020
Techiekingee:

See this clown.....wich UNL....D One Mitrovic won top scorer or wich one ...even Lukaku outscored him...
Oga Joker, don't talk about football when u don't watch it

Show us the pic of mitrovic with the award then?? angry
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by Techiekingee(m): 1:59am On Aug 01, 2020
Equity15:
you're the dumb one here..was it in the same season? what the fvck are you saying man? what kinda comparison is that? i'm very sure lukaku scored more goals than delima ronaldo or F.inzaghi or the greatest seria A strikers in their first season in seria A(and those players weren't 35 in their debut season) does that make lukaku better? abeg use sense talk na.
So many dumb people on Nairaland..... I'm afraid u're one of dem....do u even know how to read?
Please for ur own good so u dnt sound stupid, go bk and read everything on how we got here...

Now, let me gv u d gist.....ur fellow dumbass quoted me saying Messi wudnt score up to 20 goals in serie A..thesame Serie A Lukaku has scored 23 goals in his first season, same serie A where higuan is record top scorer........hence my reply....

So, if u av a brain, it shud make sense to u now
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by Techiekingee(m): 2:08am On Aug 01, 2020
obonujoker:

Show us the pic of mitrovic with the award then?? angry
Dis boy, u nid schooling big time......
UNL finals is wer Ronaldo got top scorer
Mitrovic was top scorer in the tournament but unfortunately dey dint get to finals.....be sure of ur question before quoting me....okay?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by obonujoker(m): 2:22am On Aug 01, 2020
Techiekingee:

Dis boy, u nid schooling big time......
UNL finals is wer Ronaldo got top scorer
Mitrovic was top scorer in the tournament but unfortunately dey dint get to finals.....be sure of ur question before quoting me....okay?

Stop blabbering... Show is pics of mitrovic with the award

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait / Footballers Who Rejected Nigeria For Other Countries / Sanita Samson Siasia Marries Henry Jamell Traditionally (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.