Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,956 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:46 AM

The Essence Of Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Essence Of Prayer (112 Views)

Why Do We Have So Many Christian Denominations? What's the essence? / Why Do Christians Underestimate The Power Of Prayer? / 21 Days Of Prayer And Fasting For The Winners' Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Essence Of Prayer by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 30, 2020
Do you pray? Do you sacrifice your time in prayer? Do you love to pray? Well if your answer to any of these questions is no then you need to work on yourself because we really need to pray besides the fact that God instructed us to as implied in these verses "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;" Ephesians 6:18, "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." Phillipians 4:6 and Colossians 4:2 which says "Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;"
I intend to speak on the following
- the need for prayer
- how to pray in truth and in spirit.
I would be concise yet expressive on each of them and I hope to stimulate you and myself to be more avid towards prayer as it is vital in our christian race. Thanks for your time and attention as I proceed:
The need for prayer
- Our ineptitude: We are but weak vain creatures who can do nothing by ourselves unless we are graced by God. "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: FOR WITHOUT ME YE CAN DO NOTHING." John 15:5. I'm certain most of us have dreams and aspirations we want to achieve. We have priorities we intend to fulfill. Many of us had a different priority and dream some years ago but challenges and situations made us to drop them. Some of us wanted to buy lands, others wanted to secure jobs and whatnot but we were dissuaded and overcomed by challenges. Why? Reason is because our human potential is incompetent towards the burdens and challenges of life. We need the support and wisdom from someone to progress and no one is more capable than God. "He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength." Isaiah 40:29. Praying to God grants us the energy and perseverance to face life and its challenges. Depending on humans would take us no where and many are witnesses to this. If your trust is only on mankind, you're the most miserable person alive as disappointment is sure to come. If your trust is on your uncle or grandpa even your parents rather than God, you are wallowing in misery. If we do not pray, our priorities and dreams would be brought low by challenges.
- Spiritual power: "For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power." 1 Corinthians 4:20. Remember the saying "a prayerless christian is a powerless christian." The world likewise the kingdom of God is runned by power and only the powerful shall rule it. No one can conquer challenges and threats without power. That's one of the reasons people seek power as they detest defeat. But God is the origin and source of power and every other power must submit to his. "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God." Romans 13:1. God desires we believers to have power but he wouldn't grant it to us unless we ask from him and we can only do that through prayer just like the apostles did in the upper room. Believers are to possess power to withstand the attack from their spiritual enemies. If you seek power elsewhere, you wouldn't be able to stand against the spiritual forces of darkness. "That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God." 1 Corinthians 2:5. A man with power is a man who can do and undo. I hope that is you.
Moving on to -
How to pray in truth and in spirit
- Seperate yourself from distractions such as noise and friends.
- Close your eyes and imagine God right in front of you. Perhaps on a throne seated and watching you
- Then pour out your heart to him with sincerity and truthfulness
- Believe your prayer has been answered.
Whatever you want to achieve is effectuated by prayer. Prayer can reach where your money cannot reach. Prayer makes the impossible possible for you. Every thing is possible to him that is prayerful in faith. The popular reason why most of us are still the same after all these while is because our prayer life is low. Some of us are even ashamed to pray. We are afraid to utter "Jesus" from our mouths yet we want to do exploits. Love prayer from today. It is a sure key to your blessings from God. Anytime you're uncertain how to act, anytime you're in danger, anytime you're in comfort, anytime you're happy, anytime you're sad, pray to your heavenly father. The Lord bless you and thank you for reading.

(1) (Reply)

Essential Products Thriving Now. Become A Contract Initiator To Manufacturers / _A Month Of New Beginning! / Where You Are Now Is The Lowest You Can Ever Be.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.