Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:49 PM

Twin Bomb Blasts Rock Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twin Bomb Blasts Rock Maiduguri (731 Views)

BREAKING: Explosion, Gunshots Rock Maiduguri / Heavy Explosions, Gunshots Rock Maiduguri, Scores Feared Dead / Twin Blasts Rock Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Twin Bomb Blasts Rock Maiduguri by maupe: 7:19pm On Jul 30, 2020
By TheCable
Maiduguri, Borno
July 30, 17:58

There have been at least two bomb blasts within Maiduguri, capital of Borno state, within the last 10 minutes.

A resident told TheCable that the first blast occurred at Gunge, a resident area, around 6pm.
According to a security source, the other blast happened around a place where cars are sold in the state capital.

It is unclear if Boko Haram insurgents are behind the attacks which happened 24 hours after the convoy of Babagana Zulum, the governor, was attacked in Kukawa local government area of the state.

Boko Haram has continued to operate in different parts of the north-east, especially in Borno state despite the claim of the government that the sect has been defeated.

Reacting to the attack on his convoy, Zulum had said he would mobilise hunters to protect the people if the military is unable to secure them.
“We have over 1,181 soldiers in Baga; 72 officers, 107 solders, 400 soldiers in mile 4 and 1,900 soldiers in Monguno. I see no reason why Boko Haram will stop operate in Baga town,” he had said.

“The troops have been in mile 4 for over one year, there is complete sabotage, the problem is not with President Buhari, or General Burutai but the command and control structures. There is need to look into command structure.

“We have over 80,000 IDPs in Monguno, they cannot continue to depend on NGOs and others for food, we have created opportunity for them to go back to their communities and continue with their business and farming activities.

“After Sallah, we will go back to Kukawa. We we will give time to the military; but if they will not clear Baga, we will mobilise our hunters and vigilantes to recapture Baga… we can’t continue like this. People have take their destiny in their hands.”

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-twin-blasts-rock-maiduguri
Re: Twin Bomb Blasts Rock Maiduguri by uBuNiT: 7:21pm On Jul 30, 2020
Ok. I will tell them
Re: Twin Bomb Blasts Rock Maiduguri by Achor1111(m): 7:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
Nigerians calm down.
We have technically defeated Boko boys

1 Like

Re: Twin Bomb Blasts Rock Maiduguri by jlinkd78(m): 7:29pm On Jul 30, 2020
Calm down my good governor of Borno

1 Like

Re: Twin Bomb Blasts Rock Maiduguri by ZKOSOSO(m): 7:29pm On Jul 30, 2020
The pampered repentant rats of Buhari Institute of Boko Boys are back to business...!

There is nothing like Repentant Boko Haram.
Once a Jihadist always a Jihadist.
Buhari stop wasting Niger Delta Oil Money on Northern Islamic Terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Twin Bomb Blasts Rock Maiduguri by Tozic: 7:30pm On Jul 30, 2020
Some people think bombings and killings are only restricted to the North East. They play around with every heartbreaking headlines they see. And one thing I've come to realise about Nigerians is that they don't take action until the worse hits them terribly. There's war going on; it's not only confided to the North and Christians. Let's rescue ourselves as if we are drowning all together. if Nigeria's leaders don't mean good to us, let's tire ourselves all together to mean good to ourselves. Enough of all these shits!

1 Like

Re: Twin Bomb Blasts Rock Maiduguri by NigeriaIsDoomed: 7:32pm On Jul 30, 2020
Buhari's boys doing their thing grin
Nice one buhari's boys.

2 Likes

Re: Twin Bomb Blasts Rock Maiduguri by batstan(m): 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2020
Not justifying the act, though. But I think a lot could be linked to the killing of the officer by the soldier.

Someone knows something.
Re: Twin Bomb Blasts Rock Maiduguri by millhouse: 7:45pm On Jul 30, 2020
We are still in Genesis and they have started gnashing their teeth, what will happened when we eventually reached Habakuk.
Enjoy your new repented (holy) boko haram.

2 Likes

Re: Twin Bomb Blasts Rock Maiduguri by robinso01(m): 7:47pm On Jul 30, 2020
I'm as shocked as Buhari

1 Like

Re: Twin Bomb Blasts Rock Maiduguri by Righteousness89(m): 7:57pm On Jul 30, 2020
Prayers for our Northern Brethren...

May The Mercies of God sort things out over there in Jesus Name... Amen
Re: Twin Bomb Blasts Rock Maiduguri by jaeyking(m): 8:04pm On Jul 30, 2020
may the souls of the departed rest in peace.

there shall be nl peace for the wicked
Re: Twin Bomb Blasts Rock Maiduguri by textilemania(m): 8:06pm On Jul 30, 2020
I pity our soldiers o! cry
Re: Twin Bomb Blasts Rock Maiduguri by Racoon(m): 8:09pm On Jul 30, 2020
Humn! repentant & forgiven terrorists @ work.Buratai continue.
Re: Twin Bomb Blasts Rock Maiduguri by johnmartus(m): 8:10pm On Jul 30, 2020
It's not my damn business.
Re: Twin Bomb Blasts Rock Maiduguri by HomerTimpson: 8:11pm On Jul 30, 2020
NAWA O
Re: Twin Bomb Blasts Rock Maiduguri by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
Prayers for our Northern Brethren...

May The Mercies of God sort things out over there in Jesus Name... Amen
oga it would be more useful if you find your way to maiduguri and "lead those boko haram terrorists to Christ" as you like to say, instead of saying prayers online like God logs in to nairaland to check prayers.
Re: Twin Bomb Blasts Rock Maiduguri by Mynd44: 8:36pm On Jul 30, 2020

(1)

Edo 2020: Obaseki Visits Otaru Of Igarra, Assures Sustained Devt / Again, Ashiru Kudan Donates To Fulani Idp's Camps / Nothing Can Stop The Independence Of Biafra, IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.