Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,878 members, 7,876,344 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:18 PM

Can A Couple Who Only Do Traditional Or Court Wedding Have Sex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Couple Who Only Do Traditional Or Court Wedding Have Sex? (1277 Views)

The Court Wedding Picture In Edo That Got People Talking (Photo) / Couple Who Met In Secondary School Rock Their Uniforms In Pre-wedding Pics / Couple Who Wedded In Lagos Enjoy Their Honeymoon In The Village (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Couple Who Only Do Traditional Or Court Wedding Have Sex? by Bennelo101: 9:08pm On Jul 30, 2020
CAN A COUPLE WHO ONLY DO TRADITIONAL OR COURT WEDDING HAVE SEX?

A lady posted a question in one of our what's app group. And it's reads...

An intending couple did court wedding 2 months before the traditional and white wedding can they start having sex after visiting the registry n if they do have sex after registry is it considered a sin before God cos I followed a friend to have her court wedding and the registrar that joined them said they are legally married now so is it right to have after then while still awaiting the trad and white?
Thanks

My response to the above question.

There are three types of marriage in Nigeria or Africa.
Court wedding is wedding
Traditional wedding is wedding
Church wedding is wedding

The main wedding in the sight of God is Traditional wedding. If you have done traditional wedding then you are already husband and wife in the sight of God. When the both families had given their consent of the relationship and the dowry is paid that is wedding.

Do you know those who did church wedding and court wedding without the dowry paid are committing fornication?

The dowry must be paid as the both families gives their consent.

Church wedding is not in the bible. Why? God has already blessed every marriage in the book of Genesis. Every marriage with the consent of both parents are blessed. There is nothing like church blessing because EVERY MARRIAGE ARE ALREADY BEEN BLESSED BY GOD RIGHT IN THE BEGINNING.
Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. This is the blessing of marriage.

Church wedding was introduced to us by the British. Church wedding is only church blessing but the truth is NO MINISTER OF GOD CAN BLESS ANY MARRIAGE, BECAUSE MARRIAGE IS ALREADY BLESSED BY GOD IN THE GENESIS.

God blessed them and say be fruitful and fill the earth.
You can still do church wedding to entertain your friends if you wish. But if you did not do church wedding then your marriage is not cursed. Every marriage of every one here on earth has been blessed by God in the beginning.

Please do not get me wrong. I DID NOT SAY CHURCH WEDDING IS NOT GOOD. I did mine years ago. But my point is if you did not do it you are not commit any sin. I told you above that GOD HAS ALREADY BLESSED EVERY MARRIAGE IN THE BEGINNING. That is why unbelievers like Muslims and others get marriage and have children. When God blessed marriage in the beginning, He says they will be fruitful with children. If you are married, then children is one of the blessing of marriage.

Lastly, the marriage that God recognised is the ONE YOU PAID THE DOWRY OR THE ONE BOTH FAMILY GAVE THEIR CONSENT. Hope you understand my point, both families must give their consent to the union. Jesus never attend marriage in any synagogue and the apostles did not conduct and marriage in their gathering or synagogue. Church wedding is not in the bible, it was brought to us by the white and the way we carry the expenses on our head nowadays the whites are doing 5minutes wedding with less than $100 but in Africa it's now a burden. It's our stupidity that brought it to our sense.

I am not condemning church wedding, PLEASE DO IT MODERATELY.

Thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Couple Who Only Do Traditional Or Court Wedding Have Sex? by OG1BABY(f): 9:32pm On Jul 30, 2020
Good response
Re: Can A Couple Who Only Do Traditional Or Court Wedding Have Sex? by catwalq(f): 9:42pm On Jul 30, 2020
Can they just f**k already and leave us with konji alone?? undecided undecided
Re: Can A Couple Who Only Do Traditional Or Court Wedding Have Sex? by GeneralPula: 9:46pm On Jul 30, 2020
No, they can..

sad undecided
Re: Can A Couple Who Only Do Traditional Or Court Wedding Have Sex? by naijanaso: 5:33am On Jul 31, 2020
What other thing do you want to do to be qualified as man and wife? Traditional marriage as you all call it is the real deal. That is where you pay her bride price. All the white wash things that churches do is only to present your selves before the church telling them you are now married as their member. Nigerians are just too confused with religion.

1 Like

Re: Can A Couple Who Only Do Traditional Or Court Wedding Have Sex? by reservd(m): 7:29am On Jul 31, 2020
Court wedding is marriage by law
Traditional wedding is marriage by culture which all families are involved and consented to so why not make love to your partner
Church wedding is borrowed culture from the west brought in through missionaries that introduced Christianity to us.
To me church wedding is borrowed culture, if I want my marriage blessed by a pastor or priest, I will simply fix a date to visit him to bless my union not one Saturday waste of time and money but my wife no agree

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Couple Who Only Do Traditional Or Court Wedding Have Sex? by Burgerlomo: 7:43am On Jul 31, 2020
Iru radarada ibeere wo leleyi ni tori Oloun cool

Which kind nonsense question is this for God sake cool
Re: Can A Couple Who Only Do Traditional Or Court Wedding Have Sex? by SavageResponse(m): 9:56am On Aug 01, 2020
Traditional marriage is as good as any marriage in any church anywhere!
Re: Can A Couple Who Only Do Traditional Or Court Wedding Have Sex? by olagbemi118(m): 10:01am On Aug 01, 2020
what are they waiting for? They are good to go
Re: Can A Couple Who Only Do Traditional Or Court Wedding Have Sex? by paulolee(m): 11:44am On Aug 01, 2020
our fore fathers were happy with jus those ones..
Re: Can A Couple Who Only Do Traditional Or Court Wedding Have Sex? by Jasonstar(m): 1:23pm On Aug 01, 2020
Better start having safe sex on time to confirm if all the critical parts are functioning as they should. Couples getting tied for life only to realize that lover boy hasn't got the fire power to deliver the juicy stuff [nigga's be shooting blanks hoping to score a lucky shot], or Juliet's chamber can't bake the dough well enough to produce an heir to the throne..damn, stuff like this breaks my heart cool
Re: Can A Couple Who Only Do Traditional Or Court Wedding Have Sex? by Cjizzy(m): 1:34pm On Aug 01, 2020
I stopped reading when I saw "unbelievers like muslims". I'm not even muslim but that is a dumb thing to say.
Re: Can A Couple Who Only Do Traditional Or Court Wedding Have Sex? by Fourwinds: 2:09pm On Aug 01, 2020
Once the traditional marriage is done, they are free to lamba

(1) (Reply)

Life Is Not Worth Living / Blood Everywhere / She Will Do Anything For Money, She Does This!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.