Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,322 members, 7,971,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 01:47 AM

Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring (2544 Views)

How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 50 Broilers From A Day Old To 6 Weeks / Free Catfish Farming Training For Youth And Women / Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by bilag17(m): 11:06am On Jul 31, 2020
Many people venture into catfish rearing with little knowledge about aquaculture. I offered FREE catfish training, mobilized participants with FREE 50 Jumbo Catfish seeds, for two years - 2018, 2019.
Some of the participants are already big time catfish farmers, glory be to God.
During the Covid-19 lockdown, many of them turned to retail farmers in their neighborhood, turning their fortunes around.

Details on the above is in the thread below.

https://www.nairaland.com/4744462/free-catfish-farming-training-mobilisation

Moving into the post covid era, there is need for people to consider catfish rearing options, dreaming big, and starting small.

I am offering FREE Catfish Rearing Mentoring. Details will come up in my next post on this thread

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by ademola1333(m): 4:08pm On Jul 31, 2020
Great work Sir! God bless you. I wish to be mentored by you. Though I stay in Oyo.

1 Like

Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by bilag17(m): 7:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
ademola1333:
Great work Sir! God bless you. I wish to be mentored by you. Though I stay in Oyo.

Thank you for your interest. The concern here is about seed, feed, and management techniques, details of which shall be in the next post.

Please, be on the lookout.
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by ademola1333(m): 10:59pm On Jul 31, 2020
bilag17:

Thank you for your interest. The concern here is about seed, feed, and management techniques, details of which shall be in the next post.

Please, be on the lookout.
Alright Sir. Anticipating!
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by folak48: 11:05am On Aug 01, 2020
I am a benefiary of your unequalled generosity sir, no fingerling seller has been able to match up to that by giving 50 jumbo catfish for free. I really doff my hat for you sir.
God Bless You.
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by bilag17(m): 11:54am On Aug 01, 2020
Successful catfish rearing requires the following basic inputs, among others. It is assumed that rearing facility, no matter the capacity is already on ground. Since aquaculture is raising fishes in water, adequate fresh water supply is expected, which has to be refreshed continuously, daily or every other day.

In changing of the water, it is necessary to have a good drainage for the effluent from the fish pond, without constituting environment nuisance to the neighborhood.
In my farm, I created a small portion of land for cultivation of different types of crops, vegetables ,and fruits. Effluent from the ponds, are released to the land, to enhance the growth of anything planted. I plant and harvest maize throughout the year, even during the dry seasons.

For a successful catfish rearing, the farmer requires, among other things:-
1. Quality fish seed -fingerlings, post fingerlings, juvenile, post juvenile (Jumbo).
2. Quality fish feed, in adequate quantity.
3. Farm/Facility production management techniques.

1. Quality Fish Seed
Depending on the plan and strategy of the farmer, the seed could be fingerlings, post-fingerlings, juvenile, post-juvenile. The advantage of buying at any of the stage, reflects on the rearing duration.
Depending on the feed, and feeding regime adopted, if fingerlings stocked takes 5 months to optimal growth, Jumbo will take about 3 months and 2weeks to optimal growth.

Whenever buying catfish seed, always request for graded one, even if you have to pay more for it. The benefit is there.
However, consider fingerlings producers with integrity so as not to be disappointed in the product.

Attached, are pictures of graded catfish juvenile in white basket and Jumbo in green basket.

Contact 0802-334-0270 whatsapp / call for enquiries .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by bilag17(m): 12:26pm On Aug 01, 2020
folak48:
I am a benefiary of your unequalled generosity sir, no fingerling seller has been able to match up to that by giving 50 jumbo catfish for free. I really doff my hat for you sir.
God Bless You.

Batch 19Q3 Fishes and Feeds Mobilisation / Delivery-UPDATE
Mobilization and delivery of jumbo catfish and feeds was successfully completed today 24th August 2019.
The climax of today's Training Workshop was the attendance of a female participant from Abeokuta in Ogun State (what those in the training catchment areas of Lagos never see, she saw). After confirmation of her safe arrival back home (Abeokuta), she said, she and her household did not believe someone could give 50 Jumbo Catfish, and also share rearing experiences Free, but she happened to be a beneficiary.

Final and concluding session of this free mobilization and training scheme is Batch 19Q4, coming up between October and December 2019.

@Folak48 was a participant in Batch 19Q3 of the closed free fish mobilisation and training scheme.
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by bilag17(m): 1:59pm On Aug 05, 2020
2. Quality Fish Feeds.

Another important and crucial factor for successful and profitable catfish rearing is quality feeds.
Emphasis regarding feed, is such quantity required to sustain the growth profile of catfish. It is not gain saying that catfish feeds constitute about 70% of the rearing cost, hence the need for a good quality fish feed, that is not expensive, but delivers expected result.

A farmer with catfish nutritional knowledge can compound his feeds with basic ingredients like fish meal, poultry meal, feather meal, soya, gnc, maize, wheat offal, etc. There is need to be cautious about formulations, as the feed must be palatable, otherwise the fishes will reject it, and it will be a waste.

We extensively carried out research, on catfish feeds, and started the production of local pelletized feeds(first picture), for our fishes, for many years. We extend the usage of the pelletized feeds to those we mentored in 2018 and 2019. The acknowledged results from this stage encouraged us further unto the production of extruded feeds.

We now produce floating grower and finisher feeds for our fishes from Juveniles stage (second picture). We also extend the usage to those who patronize us for fish seed.

From points 1 and 2, it is very clear that quality fish seed requires quality fish feeds in adequate quality to enhance the growth profile of catfish, for a bountiful harvest. These alone can not guarantee successful catfish rearing without the farm/facility production management techniques(next post).

If you're a practicing farmer or intending farmer (Lagos/Ogun States), who really want to enjoy catfish farming, feel free to contact 08023340270 whatsapp / call for FREE mentoring.

1 Share

Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by ademola1333(m): 10:11am On Aug 06, 2020
bilag17:
2. Quality Fish Feeds.

Another important and crucial factor for successful and profitable catfish rearing is quality feeds.
Emphasis regarding feed, is such quantity required to sustain the growth profile of catfish. It is not gain saying that catfish feeds constitute about 70% of the rearing cost, hence the need for a good quality fish feed, that is not expensive, but delivers expected result.

A farmer with catfish nutritional knowledge can compound his feeds with basic ingredients like fish meal, poultry meal, feather meal, soya, gnc, maize, wheat offal, etc. There is need to be cautious about formulations, as the feed must be palatable, otherwise the fishes will reject it, and it will be a waste.

We extensively carried out research, on catfish feeds, and started the production of local pelletized feeds(first picture), for our fishes, for many years. We extend the usage of the pelletized feeds to those we mentored in 2018 and 2019. The acknowledged results from this stage encouraged us further unto the production of extruded feeds.

We now produce floating grower and finisher feeds for our fishes from Juveniles stage (second picture). We also extend the usage to those who patronize us for fish seed.

From points 1 and 2, it is very clear that quality fish seed requires quality fish feeds in adequate quality to enhance the growth profile of catfish, for a bountiful harvest. These alone can not guarantee successful catfish rearing without the farm/facility production management techniques(next post).

If you're a practicing farmer or intending farmer (Lagos/Ogun States), who really want to enjoy catfish farming, feel free to contact 08023340270 whatsapp / call for FREE mentoring.
Are runts peculiar to hybrid as they are peculiar to clarias?
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by bilag17(m): 5:00pm On Aug 06, 2020
ademola1333:

Are runts peculiar to hybrid as they are peculiar to clarias?

I don't produce hybrid , hence can't talk much about them. However, will like to share my understanding about runts in catfish rearing.

Runts are usually fishes which for one reason or the other (sickness/antibiotic treatment at fry stage, inadequate feeding), have retarded growth. Irrespective of the fact that catfish have compensatory growth potential, runts will not grow. I was a victim of runts in my early catfish rearing days.

Generally, in every spawn or a catfish production cycle / batch, there are usually three distinct groups, the small, medium and large.
The Large are usually very small in quantity, and these are early hatchlings, who passed through the yoke sac absorption stage ahead of others, thereafter prey on those still in yoke sac absorption stage.
The medium group are the greatest in number in any spawn. Usually about 60% -65% of a spawn. Very interesting group.
The small are the last. Although they are small compared to the rest in the batch, but the growth potential is also very encouraging.

Runts
Runts are not supposed to get out of the hatchery. After first and second sorting (and probably the third), any fish that does not fall within the three groupings are to be discarded, as food for bigger fishes.
Since some fingerlings producers are not sincere, they still sell the fishes out, most especially when buyers price fingerlings so low.
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by ademola1333(m): 8:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
bilag17:

I don't produce hybrid , hence can't talk much about them. However, will like to share my understanding about runts in catfish rearing.

Runts are usually fishes which for one reason or the other (sickness/antibiotic treatment at fry stage, inadequate feeding), have retarded growth. Irrespective of the fact that catfish have compensatory growth potential, runts will not grow. I was a victim of runts in my early catfish rearing days.

Generally, in every spawn or a catfish production cycle / batch, there are usually three distinct groups, the small, medium and large.
The Large are usually very small in quantity, and these are early hatchlings, who passed through the yoke sac absorption stage ahead of others, thereafter prey on those still in yoke sac absorption stage.
The medium group are the greatest in number in any spawn. Usually about 60% -65% of a spawn. Very interesting group.
The small are the last. Although they are small compared to the rest in the batch, but the growth potential is also very encouraging.

Runts
Runts are not supposed to get out of the hatchery. After first and second sorting (and probably the third), any fish that does not fall within the three groupings are to be discarded, as food for bigger fishes.
Since some fingerlings producers are not sincere, they still sell the fishes out, most especially when buyers price fingerlings so low.

Thanks for the enlightenment, God bless you.

I want to ask this too: Does Dutch Strain Clarias has any advantage over the common clarias garienpuses?
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by bilag17(m): 9:22pm On Aug 06, 2020
@ademola1333, I appreciate your prompt response to my enquiries on fish feed ingredients.
Looking forward to an opportunity of meeting with you.
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by ademola1333(m): 10:04pm On Aug 06, 2020
bilag17:
@ademola1333, I appreciate your prompt response to my enquiries on fish feed ingredients.
Looking forward to an opportunity of meeting with you.
I never knew it was you. You are welcome Sir
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by bilag17(m): 11:08pm On Aug 06, 2020
ademola1333:

I never knew it was you. You are welcome Sir

It's a small world, be good to all, whatsoever a man sow, that shall he reap.

Will share my view on Dutch Clarias in the next post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by Gadgetmobil(m): 6:04pm On Aug 07, 2020
Waiting Boss
Also could you help differentiate BTW Clara's and Hybrid
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by luwiizy(m): 7:02pm On Aug 07, 2020
boss, please update. I know you got a lot on your table.
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by alkines(m): 2:00pm On Aug 09, 2020
I am an intending catfish farmer and love to be tutored physically
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by bilag17(m): 12:45am On Aug 10, 2020
ademola1333:

Thanks for the enlightenment, God bless you.

I want to ask this too: Does Dutch Strain Clarias has any advantage over the common clarias garienpuses?

Your question of interest has a very vast answer. However, I'll try as much as possible to give a summary.

Dutch catfish or Dutch Clarias is a domesticated strain of Clarias Gariepinus produced in Netherlands. The strain was bred from about 40 Clarias Gariepinus individuals from Cameroon, and supplemented with fish the Central Africa Republic, Nigeria, Cote d'Ivoire and Israel.
A total of 3900 MT of the Dutch strain are produced, with exports to various countries such as Germany, Ukraine, Bulgaria, England, Nigeria and Israel.
The Dutch domesticated Clarias were identified as the stock of choice for closed reciprocating systems, in which these strains showed very good growth rates.

However, the strain has reproduction problems because they produce few eggs, and a low fertilization rate was observed.
Thus domesticated strain is hybrid catfish.
In Nigeria, you can also produce hybrid catfish by crossing Clarias Gariepinus with Hetero Bacchus to get Hetero-clarias (hybrid).

As an entrepreneur, I decided to stick with Clarias Gariepinus, which I have taken much time to study through various research experiments.
Many of our Broodstock customers producing hybrid catfish complained a lot about the milt related issues during outbreeding.

I appreciate all those who have been contacting me through whatsapp and calls, irrespective of their locations. Let us all grow together to make Nigeria great, feeding our people with quality catfish.
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by bilag17(m): 12:48am On Aug 10, 2020
Gadgetmobil:
Waiting Boss
Also could you help differentiate BTW Clara's and Hybrid

Are you enlightened with last post on Hybrid issue?
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by bilag17(m): 12:49am On Aug 10, 2020
luwiizy:
boss, please update. I know you got a lot on your table.

Thank you for your patience.
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by bilag17(m): 12:57am On Aug 10, 2020
alkines:
I am an intending catfish farmer and love to be tutored physically

I believe in Hands -on- Training, which you will do in the comfort of your house. If your location is around Lagos and Ogun states, it's visible.

You can check the thread below for such training.

Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by ademola1333(m): 8:44am On Aug 10, 2020
bilag17:

Your question of interest has a very vast answer. However, I'll try as much as possible to give a summary.

Dutch catfish or Dutch Clarias is a domesticated strain of Clarias Gariepinus produced in Netherlands. The strain was bred from about 40 Clarias Gariepinus individuals from Cameroon, and supplemented with fish the Central Africa Republic, Nigeria, Cote d'Ivoire and Israel.
A total of 3900 MT of the Dutch strain are produced, with exports to various countries such as Germany, Ukraine, Bulgaria, England, Nigeria and Israel.
The Dutch domesticated Clarias were identified as the stock of choice for closed reciprocating systems, in which these strains showed very good growth rates.

However, the strain has reproduction problems because they produce few eggs, and a low fertilization rate was observed.
Thus domesticated strain is hybrid catfish.
In Nigeria, you can also produce hybrid catfish by crossing Clarias Gariepinus with Hetero Bacchus to get Hetero-clarias (hybrid).

As an entrepreneur, I decided to stick with Clarias Gariepinus, which I have taken much time to study through various research experiments.
Many of our Broodstock customers producing hybrid catfish complained a lot about the milt related issues during inbreeding.

I appreciate all those who have been contacting me through whatsapp and calls, irrespective of their locations. Let us all grow together to make Nigeria great, feeding our people with quality catfish.

Thanks for the time and attention you give whenever you are contacted. You are a generous and kind-hearted man. May God bless you and your family abundantly!
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by alkines(m): 8:58am On Aug 10, 2020
bilag17:

I believe in Hands -on- Training, which you will do in the comfort of your house. If your location is around Lagos and Ogun states, it's visible.

You can check the thread below for such training.

yes am in lagos
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by bilag17(m): 9:48am On Aug 10, 2020
alkines:
yes am in lagos

Successful catfish rearing requires the following basic inputs, among others. It is assumed that rearing facility, no matter the capacity is already on ground. Since aquaculture is raising fishes in water, adequate fresh water supply is expected, which has to be refreshed continuously, daily or every other day.

In changing of the water, it is necessary to have a good drainage for the effluent from the fish pond, without constituting environment nuisance to the neighborhood.

What rearing facility do you have, or intend to have?
Do you always have control of adequate fresh water?
Do you have good drainage for the facility effluent so as not to constitute environmental nuisance to your neighborhood?

I always advice, Dream Big, Start Small, learn the basics, and grow your dream farm.
what quantity of fish do you intend to start / learn with?

This is a unique mentoring / training with a win-win edge. You learn FREE, and make money learning, all in the comfort of your home.
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by Henryimoter(m): 10:01am On Aug 10, 2020
Soyabeans available for pick up call 07069670428

Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by bilag17(m): 10:13am On Aug 10, 2020
Henryimoter:
Soyabeans available for pick up call 07069670428

I don't use the type of Soya beans you sell, hence I don't recommend such. Thank you.
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by bilag17(m): 10:27am On Aug 10, 2020
ademola1333:

Thanks for the time and attention you give whenever you are contacted. You are a generous and kind-hearted man. May God bless you and your family abundantly!

Thanks, you're just what you're saying about me. Despite not meeting with you personally, you have proved your worth. Hope you're enjoying the mentoring already.
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by ademola1333(m): 11:31am On Aug 10, 2020
bilag17:

Thanks, you're just what you're saying about me. Despite not meeting with you personally, you have proved your worth. Hope you're enjoying the mentoring already.
A lot Sir
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by ademola1333(m): 7:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
bilag17:
2. Quality Fish Feeds.

As regards the floating pellet in the last attached picture, can one use the same ingredients used in making the sinking pellet? I once heard making floating pellet is ingredient-selective?
Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by bilag17(m): 9:35pm On Aug 18, 2020
ademola1333:

As regards the floating pellet in the last attached picture, can one use the same ingredients used in making the sinking pellet? I once heard making floating pellet is ingredient-selective?

I tried to use the same ingredients / formulation a company used to produce floating feed for me, for sinking pelletized feed. It didn't work.
The main issue here is the process. The sinking feed is produced with a pelletizing machine, while a floating feed is produced with an extruder. The machines are different, and so also the process in each machine differs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring by bilag17(m): 11:02pm On Aug 18, 2020

(1) (2) (Reply)

Agricultural machines for poultry and fishery / VIRGIN SHEA BUTTER / Broilers Vaccination From Day 1- Week 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.