Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,293 members, 7,920,093 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 07:21 PM

Now Buhari's Best Fails To End Boko Haram & Banditry, What Should Nigerians Do? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now Buhari's Best Fails To End Boko Haram & Banditry, What Should Nigerians Do? (221 Views)

Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram / Govt Will Procure Modern Fighting Equipment To End Boko Haram Madness – Buhari / Stop Your Campaigns For My Re-election For Now, Buhari Tells Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now Buhari's Best Fails To End Boko Haram & Banditry, What Should Nigerians Do? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 31, 2020
The President’s claim that he has done his best on insurgency and militancy came two days after insurgents attacked the convoy of the Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum.

The governor was said to be on routine inspection when his convoy was attacked by suspected members of Boko Haram between Baga and Munguno on Wednesday.

On Thursday, multiple explosions from mortars fired by suspected Boko Haram members hit Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, leaving many injured.

But Buhari, who recalled that his regime inherited the security challenges from the previous administration, said he has done his best.

He however knocked security agencies on the current security challenges in the North West and North Central, saying they can do better than what they are currently doing.

The President said, “I want Nigerians to be very conscious of their country and what we inherited when we came in 2015 was Boko Haram – North East and the militants, the South-South. Nigerians know that we have done our best.

“What is coming up in the North West and North Central is very disturbing indeed but I believe the military, the police, and other law enforcement agencies from the report I am getting, I think they could do much better.

They could do much better, but we are keeping them on the alert all the time to do their duties.”

The President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, later issued a statement quoting Buhari as giving assurances that there would be more resources for the country’s military, police, and other security agencies to deal with the unwanted security situation in some areas of the country.

The statement was titled “President Buhari pledges more resources to deal with ‘very disturbing’ security situation in parts of the country.”

Shehu said while assessing the state of security in the country, the President described the situation, particularly in the North West and the North Central parts of the country as “very disturbing.”

He further quoted Buhari as saying that while much had been achieved, security-wise, from the situation he inherited in 2015, more still needed to be done.
The statement read, “He (the President) said considering the security situation on ground when he came to office, ‘Nigerians know that we have done our best. However, what is coming out of the North West and the North Central is very disturbing.’

“Responding to a specific question on the performance of the service chiefs which recently, he said needed to get better, the President said that the military, the police, and other security agencies are working hard.

“We are making available resources to them to even do better,” he assured, adding that “from the reports I am getting, they could do much better…they could do much better. But we are keeping them on the alert all the time to do their duties.”

https://punchng.com/insecurity-nigerians-know-we-have-done-our-best-buhari/?
Re: Now Buhari's Best Fails To End Boko Haram & Banditry, What Should Nigerians Do? by softeeg: 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2020
Nigerians can not do anything now nor later. They would have been able to do if it were Jonathan's tenure. All activists are now afraid. No one to lead. So, Nigerians have no choice than to allow nature have pity.

Next time, when we hear the word, CHANGE or NEXT LEVEL, we go use our brains.
Re: Now Buhari's Best Fails To End Boko Haram & Banditry, What Should Nigerians Do? by FemolasticA: 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2020
Best ke??........... Is best is not good enough asam!
Re: Now Buhari's Best Fails To End Boko Haram & Banditry, What Should Nigerians Do? by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2020
Make Una vote drug lord for 2023 make E come continue Una mumu Neva do

Re: Now Buhari's Best Fails To End Boko Haram & Banditry, What Should Nigerians Do? by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 01, 2020
Naija tire person
Re: Now Buhari's Best Fails To End Boko Haram & Banditry, What Should Nigerians Do? by Chelsealivepool: 9:19am On Aug 01, 2020
Still yet Nigerian hv never learn lesson frm Buhari and some foolish youth want to still vote for corrupt leaders like thieftunubu,Thief uzor kalu, China seller Amehchi, prostitute changing parties atiku and wicked hell rufai.....
Re: Now Buhari's Best Fails To End Boko Haram & Banditry, What Should Nigerians Do? by IamWonderful: 9:32am On Aug 01, 2020
Buhari is a disgrace and monumental disaster to Nigeria, such a senile figurehead

(1) (Reply)

Insecurity: Govs To Meet Buhari, Service Chiefs / FACT SHEET: President Buhari Administration’s Vision For The Niger Delta / ‘MEGA’: APC Accuses Obaseki Of Plagiarising Trump’s Campaign Slogan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.