Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,470 members, 7,881,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 05:17 AM

Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. (3207 Views)

How True Are Narrations Of Sahih Bukhari And Muslim? / Religious debate between a Christian and Muslim Cleric / Top 50 Must Follow Twitter Accounts On Religion And Muslim Affairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by bilms(m): 5:40pm On Feb 10, 2011
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

[5:1] O you who believe, you shall fulfill your covenants. Permitted for you to eat are the livestock, except those specifically prohibited herein. You shall not permit hunting throughout Hajj pilgrimage. GOD decrees whatever He wills.

[5:2] O you who believe, do not violate the rites instituted by GOD, nor the Sacred Months, nor the animals to be offered, nor the garlands marking them, nor the people who head for the Sacred Shrine (Ka`bah) seeking blessings from their Lord and approval. Once you complete the pilgrimage, you may hunt.* Do not be provoked into aggression by your hatred of people who once prevented you from going to the Sacred Masjid. You shall cooperate in matters of righteousness and piety; do not cooperate in matters that are sinful and evil. You shall observe GOD. GOD is strict in enforcing retribution.

This day [all] good foods have been made lawful, and the food of those who were given the Scripture is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them. And [lawful in marriage are] chaste women from among the believers and chaste women from among those who were given the Scripture before you, when you have given them their due compensation, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse or taking [secret] lovers. And whoever denies the faith - his work has become worthless, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers.

Strongest among men in enmity to the believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say, "We are Christians": because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant.

And you will certainly find that the people most hostile against the believers are the Jews and the ones who ascribe partners to Allah. You will certainly find that the closest of them in friendship with the believers are those who say, .We are Christians, That is because among them there are priests and monks,46 and because they are not arrogant.

Thou wilt find the most vehement of mankind in hostility to those who believe (to be) the Jews and the idolaters. And thou wilt find the nearest of them in affection to those who believe (to be) those who say: Lo! We are Christians. That is because there are among them priests and monks, and because they are not proud.

And do not argue with the People of the Scripture except in a way that is best, except for those who commit injustice among them, and say, "We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you. And our God and your God is one; and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him."

If you say because they insult islam, that why you did that:

Revile not those unto whom they pray beside Allah lest they wrongfully revile Allah through ignorance. Thus unto every nation have We made their deed seem fair. Then unto their Lord is their return, and He will tell them what they used to do. ⇨

And do not abuse those whom they call upon besides Allah, lest exceeding the limits they should abuse Allah out of ignorance. Thus have We made fair seeming to every people their deeds; then to their Lord shall be their return, so He will inform them of what they did.
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by sirgalo(m): 7:03am On Feb 11, 2011
Asalamu aleikum smiley
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 22, 2011
Wa leikum salam

@Poster,but most of them would prefare to throw your halal food in the bin than to eat it.
I dnt think is the christians of today (trinitarian),because Allah made us to know they are pagans,so i dnt think eating food of pagans should be halal o.
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by ifyalways(f): 10:07am On Mar 23, 2011
bilms:

In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

[5:1] O you who believe, you shall fulfill your covenants. Permitted for you to eat are the livestock, except those specifically prohibited herein. You shall not permit hunting throughout Hajj pilgrimage. GOD decrees whatever He wills.

[5:2] O you who believe, do not violate the rites instituted by GOD, nor the Sacred Months, nor the animals to be offered, nor the garlands marking them, nor the people who head for the Sacred Shrine (Ka`bah) seeking blessings from their Lord and approval. Once you complete the pilgrimage, you may hunt.* Do not be provoked into aggression by your hatred of people who once prevented you from going to the Sacred Masjid. You shall cooperate in matters of righteousness and piety; do not cooperate in matters that are sinful and evil. You shall observe GOD. GOD is strict in enforcing retribution.

This day [all] good foods have been made lawful, and the food of those who were given the Scripture is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them. And [lawful in marriage are] chaste women from among the believers and chaste women from among those who were given the Scripture before you, when you have given them their due compensation, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse or taking [secret] lovers. And whoever denies the faith - his work has become worthless, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers.

Strongest among men in enmity to the believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say, "We are Christians": because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant.

And you will certainly find that the people most hostile against the believers are the Jews and the ones who ascribe partners to Allah. You will certainly find that the closest of them in friendship with the believers are those who say, .We are Christians, That is because among them there are priests and monks,46 and because they are not arrogant.

Thou wilt find the most vehement of mankind in hostility to those who believe (to be) the Jews and the idolaters. And thou wilt find the nearest of them in affection to those who believe (to be) those who say: Lo! We are Christians. That is because there are among them priests and monks, and because they are not proud.

And do not argue with the People of the Scripture except in a way that is best, except for those who commit injustice among them, and say, "We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you. And our God and your God is one; and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him."

If you say because they insult islam, that why you did that:

Revile not those unto whom they pray beside Allah lest they wrongfully revile Allah through ignorance. Thus unto every nation have We made their deed seem fair. Then unto their Lord is their return, and He will tell them what they used to do. ⇨

And do not abuse those whom they call upon besides Allah, lest exceeding the limits they should abuse Allah out of ignorance. Thus have We made fair seeming to every people their deeds; then to their Lord shall be their return, so He will inform them of what they did.

@Bolded,did what?
To a great extent,Ignorance and maybe in-born vile is to be blamed here.IMO
How can I possibly hate or make an enemy out of someone just cos he does not share my beliefs?
I love the last sentence of the OP's post,sums it all up:
We made fair seeming to every people their deeds; then to their Lord shall be their return, so He will inform them of what they did.
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by miftaudeen(m): 10:33am On Mar 23, 2011
we can eat there food execpt there festivals food which is haram 4 muslim&there animal slougter witout ALLAH name etc n
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 23, 2011
What if they dedicate the food to jesus before serving you,are we still gonna eat it
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by miftaudeen(m): 11:08am On Mar 23, 2011
pls dont eat it but if u know, al muslim shld caution demselve in relating wit dem,also monitor al what dey might give u
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by miftaudeen(m): 11:40am On Mar 23, 2011
i mean it is gud nt 2 eat it if dat is there character,als a muslim can't marry dem except if the're no muslim women or
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 23, 2011
For example,they invite you for dinner,apparently you told them you wont be having any meat served for you,eventhough they sometime buy from halal shop,but again they cannot be trusted cos they can always buy haram meat,so while sitting for dinner and they wanna serve,they quickly bless the food in the name of jesus as usual,what do you think a muslim should do in such scenario?honestly,as for me i will lose appetite immediately and just take fruits if one is available,i dnt care how hot they may feel.
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by miftaudeen(m): 12:00pm On Mar 23, 2011
men in a communities,states,countries,is nt possible dat u'd nt find a muslim in any of d above.Q2vs220.ALLAH a'anlam
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 23, 2011
i dnt understand you.answer my question.
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by miftaudeen(m): 1:34pm On Mar 23, 2011
a muslim must protect his faith such food is haram.u will let dem know dat such things are not allowed in islam
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by ifyalways(f): 12:41pm On Mar 27, 2011
Do y'all eat out once-in-a-while undecided
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by miftaudeen(m): 1:32pm On Mar 27, 2011
@ify,i dont understand u, but let dem understand d stand of islam on their christain activities.e.g chrismas&newyear,
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by miftaudeen(m): 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2011
food dedicated in the name of jesus,praying in the name of jesus are all haram etc.
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by Araboy(m): 11:09pm On Mar 27, 2011
so what if they use Jesus name on their food ? you could use Allah name on yours too uplawal you make things hard on yourself you need to be more civil and considerate of your hosts even if they are not Muslims
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by ifyalways(f): 11:17pm On Mar 27, 2011
miftaudeen:

@ify,i dont understand u, but let dem understand d stand of islam on their christain activities.e.g chrismas&newyear,
I asked IF you ever eat outside ur home and do u ever eat or buy from Christians?
miftaudeen:

food dedicated in the name of jesus,praying in the name of jesus are all haram etc.
How so?where is the love and the unity we preach?
You walk out of ur neighbors home cos he blessed his food in Jesus name?what wud stop you from blessing the food in Allah's (swt) name or any way u deem fit undecided
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by miftaudeen(m): 11:40pm On Mar 27, 2011
may ALLAH(s.w.a) guide and give us deep understand about islam.
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by ifyalways(f): 12:25am On Mar 28, 2011
^^Amen!.
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by azharuddin: 4:17am On Mar 28, 2011
Allah (swt) has said in the Quran:

Forbidden to you is that which dies of itself, and blood, and flesh of swine, and that on which any other name than that of Allah has been invoked, and the strangled (animal) and that beaten to death, and that killed by a fall and that killed by being smitten with the horn, and that which wild beasts have eaten, except what you slaughter, and what is sacrificed on stones set up (for idols) and that you divide by the arrows; that is a transgression.
This day have those who disbelieve despaired of your religion, so FEAR THEM NOT, and FEAR ME.
This day have I perfected for you your religion and completed My favor on you and chosen for you Islam as a religion;
but whoever is compelled by hunger, not inclining willfully to sin, then surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

(Surat al-Maaida, 5:3)

Allahu Akbar! (Allah is the greatest).

May Allah have mercy on all of us and guide us in the right path.
Ameen.
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 28, 2011
Some people with Ignorance,they just open their mouth anyhow to disagree comments when they will never read and study their Quran,like all what's been talked so far is made up.Thanks to Miftaudeen and Azzarudeen.

PICK UP YOUR QURAN and READ and stop being foolishly sentimental.
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by alimat2(f): 12:51pm On Mar 28, 2011
^^^^^^@Uplawal,
I always lik your comments but you hav to be soft in speech, cool cool
I beg do am softly softly we all are learners and still in d way of guidance  wink wink wink
We are here to learn and to know what u dont know b4.

We all are ignorant except by the mercy of Allah
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 28, 2011
Honestly Alimat,am not taking it hard on anybody,who am i anyway?

The reason am saying this is because,some people dnt find out fact before they start judging what Quran says in regards to guidance,when a debate is going on,they just come from no where and talk against it without proof.i know we are learning and the best wway to learn is to ask, why is such so?not trying to rubbish the right thing said by Allah in the cloak of "we are learning" if you are learning,learn it with fact also with the fear of Allah and not rubbishing it.
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by miftaudeen(m): 8:28pm On Mar 28, 2011
uplawal die die kin se gbogbo eyan loo mo bi won se nda si oro,mi o ba ni ki e open thread pe "bawo ni a she nda si oro"
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 28, 2011
Mo ti gbo o,ki OLOHUN ran wa lowo,amin.
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by ifyalways(f): 5:53am On Mar 29, 2011
As always,Papal Bulls!
whats new?lol
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by ifyalways(f): 6:02am On Mar 29, 2011
@Topic,If your christian neighbour invites u for a meal,not necessarily during their religious festivities,just an everyday meal and YOU show up,what wud u do?
Walk out on the food(cos definitely he must bless the food as his religion permits)
Bless the food in the name of Allah(swt)
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by ifyalways(f): 6:08am On Mar 29, 2011
^Let me quickly add that this same neighbour has no problem with coming over to your house,dines with u and does not care abt the way and manner u cook or present your food.
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 29, 2011
Common verse they still can't understand,may Allah grant us more wisdom and understanding,amin.
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by miftaudeen(m): 7:18am On Mar 29, 2011
if you let them know your faith anytime they wish to invite you such thing will not happen and you must be nice to them
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by ifyalways(f): 9:09am On Mar 29, 2011
miftaudeen:

if you let them know your faith anytime they wish to invite you such thing will not happen and you must be nice to them
If you let them know what precisely?
You won't go their house,you wont eat when you get there or they should not bless their food in Jesus name?which?
Try and be as plain and clear as possible so I don't misunderstand you. wink
Re: Christian And Muslim Are Not Enemies. by ifyalways(f): 9:32am On Mar 29, 2011
Some just sent me this,good read. cool

In the name of Allah, The First, The Last,
First of all I would like to thank you for ur consistency in pursing the truth which most of us shy away from and I implore Allah almighty to help me speak honestly to you
Now as for your Question which shows your sincere Love for Allah, And your God fearing heart, this is my take
Muslims in general are advised to eat good and pure things and not to indulge in impure, bad and harmful things thus following their open enemy Shaitan:
[002:168 Noble Quran Dr. Munir Munshey] "Oh mankind! Eat the lawful and wholesome (food) that exists on the earth. Do not follow in the footsteps of Shaitan. Indeed, he is the professed enemy of yours!"
In the verses previously mentioned the general principle with regard to permissible foods has been stated. The Noble Quran further goes on to specify the types of food prohibited in the following verse:

[002:173 Noble Quran Dr.Munir Munshey] "What He has forbidden you (to eat) are dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and anything (slaughtered and) offered in any other name except that of Allah. But there is no sin if one is compelled by dire circumstances (to eat the forbidden food), provided it is not out of habit or rebellion. Indeed, Allah is the most forgiving and the most Merciful."
[016:115 Noble Quran Yusuf Ali] "He has only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and any (food) over which the name of other than God has been invoked. But if one is forced by necessity, without willful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Islam, being a complete religion, also teaches and advises the believer as to what the best method of eating is. The believers are advised to be moderate in every aspect of life. Direct reference has been made in the Noble Quran regarding moderation in eating and drinking.

Yusuf Ali:
[007:031 Noble Quran Yusuf Ali] O Children of Adam! Wear your beautiful apparel at every time and place of prayer: eat and drink: But waste not by excess, for God loveth not the wasters.

Can Muslim eat with non Muslims?

[060:008 Noble Quran Sher Ali] ALLAH forbids you not respecting those who have not fought against you on account of your religion, and who have not [/b]driven you out from your homes, that you be [b]kind to them and deal equitably with them; surely, ALLAH loves those who are equitable.

Muslims, as far as Islam is concerned, are allowed to eat the food prepared by any human being as long as it is clean, healthy and prepared with halal (lawful) ingredients. Muslims are allowed to eat lawful foods prepared by anyone, whether they are Muslims or non-Muslims, this includes Hindus, Sikhs, Christians, Jews, etc This is a matter of common knowledge in Islam.

It is worthy mentioning here that Islam teaches us that we should be friendly to all people. Islam teaches us that we should deal even with our enemies with justice and fairness. Allah Almighty says:

"O ye who believe! Be steadfast witnesses for Allah in equity, and let not hatred of any people seduce you that ye deal not justly.
Deal justly, that is nearer to your duty. Observe your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is informed of what ye do." (Al-Ma’dah 5:cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi: Shia Or Sunni? / A Jewel Everyday / The Rewards For Fasting 6 Days In Shawwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.