Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,184 members, 7,880,692 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:46 AM

When Man Becomes Overwhelmed With.... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Man Becomes Overwhelmed With.... (104 Views)

"When My Heart Is Overwhelmed: Lead Me To The Rock That Is Higher Than I." / Are You A Believer Overwhelmed By Fear. DO This Now. / Breaking: Igbo Man Becomes The First Nigerian Reverend Father In Finland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Man Becomes Overwhelmed With.... by MistadeRegal(m): 3:16pm On Aug 02, 2020
When man is so overwhelmed with the nature of the lust of the world, he finds it difficult to stay away from sin and even believe it is impossible to let go of it that no man is perfect and no man can be holy neither can any man be righteous, then he claims he's no longer under commandments, neither does he need to keep any commandments.

Please who told you that?

You claim you're now under grace and the laws of GOD are no longer relevant because JESUS CHRIST had fulfilled the law on your behalf. Yes, Paul said so. But you misunderstood that writing that what it means is that JESUS CHRIST fulfilled the law and remained holy that His mission be not compromised.

And the mission cannot be compromised either because JESUS CHRIST is GOD, come in flesh and GOD never commit sins for GOD hates sin as sin is of the Devil and whoever commit sins either is of the Devil. But have you ever thought about this?

Our LORD JESUS CHRIST spoke here and said:

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

If our LORD JESUS CHRIST Himself, though being GOD in the flesh, refused to commit any sins, which is the fulfillment Paul was talking about, why then do you think you can break them at will and still claim to be under grace?

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Romans 6:15
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Which should make you understand that JESUS CHRIST never gave you the go ahead to live in sin by ignoring the commandments of GOD. That's why you cannot break any of them and be guiltless. Just as He hinted in:

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I believe you know what that means to be a worker of iniquity.

You believe the commandments of GOD are irrelevant just as long as you believe in your heart that JESUS CHRIST is your LORD. But how can you say He is your LORD when you ignore His commandments despite He emphasizing on you keeping them?

You don't believe this?
Then see these:

Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Exodus 16:28
And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:21
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 15:10
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

And to know some of these His commandments, read the Book of Matthew chapters 5, 6 and 7.

You still don't believe? Good. See these:

Exodus 20:6
And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Leviticus 26:3
If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them;

Psalms 119:115
Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I will keep the commandments of my God.

Proverbs 3:1
My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:

Proverbs 4:4
He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.

Proverbs 7:1
My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee.

Proverbs 7:2
Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.

You don't want to keep His commandments and yet you wanted to be like Abraham and David...

GOD still has this to tell you:

Exodus 16:28
And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?

Do you know why GOD rejected Saul?

1 Samuel 15:11
It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the LORD all night.

So do not rejoice in sin and say you're under grace and not law. For if you had had the commandments of JESUS CHRIST on your heart, then you're not under the law because the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD will always direct you on whatever you are to do.

If you begin to find the commandments of JESUS CHRIST offensive, then you do not have the love of GOD in you.

If you no longer hear or receive directives from the HOLY SPIRIT, then you need to check yourself because the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD will never direct you to live in sin without convicting you in your heart before you do anything contrary.

May GOD help us all.

Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Message To The Church Part2 / Win Your Life Back From The Enemy Of Your Soul / Seeds Of Destiny Daily Devotional 4 August 2020 - The End Time And The Plague

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.