Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,133 members, 7,890,812 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:09 PM

Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! (9421 Views)

You Have 7 Days To Bring Out Buhari’s Certificate – Group Tells Defence Minister / US VP Biden Calls Jonathan, Says He's A Strong Example To Africa / Please Let"s Help Bring This Topic To The Notice Of All Nigerians!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by DisGuy: 7:28pm On Feb 17, 2011
I think you should open this thread in other sections as well especially romance and maybe sports and job/careers
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by loma(m): 8:01pm On Feb 17, 2011
Dis Guy:

I think you should open this thread in other sections as well especially romance and maybe sports and job/careers

I would be accuse dof spamming and be banned.

But what if you could convince ten of your friends to vote for us (with two of their email address) -that will give us 200 points. Now imagine if there were 20 other people who did the same thing, we would be assured of winning.

A lot of times when we complain of the way things are, I marvel at how much we underestimate what we can really do if we just decided to do it!
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by loma(m): 11:31pm On Feb 17, 2011
For those yet to vote, the chance is slipping away,
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by bestlista(m): 11:56pm On Feb 17, 2011
You have my vote! Best of luck folks.
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by loma(m): 12:08am On Feb 18, 2011
Thank you
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by loma(m): 12:09am On Feb 18, 2011
Log on to http://www.dellsocialinnovationcompetition.com/ideaView?id=08780000000Dcx4AAC

- Click "Register Now" in the top right pane (this is in blue font below the login box).
- Choose a username and supply your email address. An email indicating your password will be sent to you as an email.

- Go back to the website and log in with your chosen username and the password mailed to you.

- On the top right corner of the website, search for ‘LAA Agora" and click on Go.

- Just beside the title-Libraries Across Africa- Empowerment through Access, click Vote (a north pointing arrow).

- Click the big blue F at the top to post to your Facebook (if you wish)
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by igneus: 1:48am On Feb 18, 2011
7980. Voted. let's have more please
+10
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by mukina2: 2:02am On Feb 18, 2011
voted now at 8000
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by loma(m): 2:04am On Feb 18, 2011
igneus:

7980. Voted. let's have more please
+10

You can vote multiple times using differnet email accounts. also hep get your friends to vote

mukina2:

voted now at 8000

Madam Mukina- Thanks for your vote, now you need to help get all your admirers (and haters grin) on Nairaland and friends to vote. If only we could get 200-500 people to vote with two email addresses, we would have a chance
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by mukina2: 2:05am On Feb 18, 2011
i don vote more than 10 times lipsrsealed grin

and i tried getting people to vote too.

still in top 10?
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by loma(m): 2:07am On Feb 18, 2011
Thanks a lot for your support.

We dropped to 16th now. I dont know where these other teams keep getting their votes from!
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by Folala(m): 2:11am On Feb 18, 2011
Just voted 8010
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by loma(m): 2:13am On Feb 18, 2011
@Folala-thanks for the support

Lets keep it up, you never know! Also help spread the news, just 24 more hours!

all the folks who are doing night browsing in Naija, please vote o! Dont just view this thread, go and vote!
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by dayokanu(m): 2:18am On Feb 18, 2011
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by Kilode1: 2:22am On Feb 18, 2011
loma:

Thanks a lot for your support.

We dropped to 16th now. I dont know where these other teams keep getting their votes from!

I tell you bro, Naijas are just an unlucky bunch, our yahoo-yahoo no reach India, Chinese or Pakistani own.

Unfortunately for us, we make too much noise about little little things so we get labeled as "masters". The Paki and India people are sure cranking up their yahoo-yahoo e-mail list cheesy

Anyway, I gave 2 votes earlier, Walahi, I go slap the next yahoo-yahoo boy I meet if una no enter top 10  angry cool
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by loma(m): 2:22am On Feb 18, 2011
dayokanu:

DayoKanu-if only all your Nairaland girlfriends (and stalkers) could vote,
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 18, 2011
good ideal
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by Righton: 8:28am On Feb 18, 2011
loma:

I would be accuse dof spamming and be banned.

But what if you could convince ten of your friends to vote for us (with two of their email address) -that will give us 200 points.  Now imagine if there were 20 other people who did the same thing, we would be assured of winning.

A lot of times when we complain of the way things are, I marvel at how much we underestimate what we can really do if we just decided to do it!
You are doing a project for Africa and somebody is talking about spamming
Go and do it and let us see the ?? who dare accuse you of spamming
Is it only Jonathan and Buhari that we will talk about on ten threads in a week?
Just tell all the moderators that this is a trans-national assignment
if I had my way, people who have not voted should lose their posting privileges for 4hours

BTW - Indian population is far more than ours and all those guys at the call centres can each register 10email add and do it
Indians will do it without thinking
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ap_on_re_us/us_university_immigration_fraud

Come back and voter after checking out that link pls
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by Righton: 8:44am On Feb 18, 2011
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by jidoh: 1:39pm On Feb 18, 2011
i just voted and my number is 8430
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by frankiemun: 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2011
I m job less how to get a job in Dubai.
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by nastydamus(m): 6:41pm On Feb 18, 2011
#8510!
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by nastydamus(m): 7:02pm On Feb 18, 2011
Emm. The thing is so far behind o, so here's a trick. Just go to the website to register and under the e-mail slot, put 'anystringofcharacters'@mailinator.com, i.e put any string of characters that comes to mind but without the quotation signs. After registering, go to www.mailinator.com and just enter the e-mail addy you used in the box to your left, you should get your login details immediately.
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by loma(m): 8:11pm On Feb 18, 2011
4 more hours, guys lets keep it going, to at least stay in top 20!

Some good news though- this morning we got approached by Intel West Africa- apparently they had seen our page on the Dell Competition site, and they are interested in partnering with us.
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by loma(m): 11:09pm On Feb 18, 2011
Keep up the votes , help us maintain the current position
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by loma(m): 4:54am On Feb 19, 2011
With voting now over, Libraries Across Africa finished in 19th position out of 1450 entries, and we had 8840 votes, all thanks to you. http://www.dellsocialinnovationcompetition.com/ideaList?lsi=3

While we did not automatically qualify for the next round on the basis of votes (only top 10 automatically qualify), we believe very strongly that we will qualify for the semifinal based on the merit of our concept, when the other semi-finalists are announced on March 1.

We will be back for your votes then to move into the final, but in the meantime, we would like to say thank you to all Nairalanders, and ask you to follow Libraries Across Africa on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Libraries-Across-Africa/142443189113379
Also, one good thing that happened due to your support was we got a very important call from Intel regarding the LAA project.

www.librariesacrossafrica.org
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by loma(m): 5:48am On Feb 20, 2011
Just got an expression of interest in the project from this great Nigerian.

Who is Ndubuisi Ekekwe?
Ndubuisi Ekekwe was born in Ovim, Abia state. He attended Secondary Technical School, Ovim where he passed the SSCE/WASC with 8 distinctions including A2 in Further Mathematics and set his school all-time best result in that examination. Ndubuisi was so gifted that while in SS1, he self-prepared himself for none-science subjects and passed them with distinctions in GCE. He continued in school because of his passion for sciences. He obtained bachelor in engineering degree from Federal University of Technology, Owerri as the best student in the department of electrical & computer engineering with specialization in electronics/computer engineering in 1998.

He holds four masters degrees: MBA (University of Calabar), MTech (Federal University of Technology, Akure), Ms (Tuskegee University, USA), MSE (Johns Hopkins University, USA) and two doctorates in management from St. Clements University and Electrical & Computer Engineering specializing in microelectronics & medical robotics engineering, at the Johns Hopkins University, USA in March 2009. His research involves making integrated circuits with applications on alternative energies, medical robotics, biomedical systems and neuromorphics-an area that involves creating artificial human organs like retinas, cochlea and brain.

Ndubuisi began his doctorate in the Johns Hopkins University, USA after completing his Ms at Tuskegee University, USA with a CGPA of 4/4 in electrical engineering. That academic brilliance gave him the prestigious United States ERC/National Science Foundation and Johns Hopkins University fellowships. During his masters, he received the United States EMCWA scholarship and worked on the NASA’s Jet Propulsion project that focused on distribution of high frequency in the space environment. He has received many awards including the United Kingdom Congress on Computer Assisted Surgery and nomination for the Johns Hopkins Institutions Diversity Recognition Award. In June 2007, the Johns Hopkins University Whiting School of Engineering awarded him the SAMSTAG fellowship for ‘outstanding performance by a graduate student’.

Ndubuisi is certified in many key technologies and has published many technical papers in leading journals and conferences. His working experiences include NNPC and Diamond Bank. He holds two pending patents on microelectronics and has consulted for universities, World Bank, and firms. He also holds visiting appointments in two African universities and presently the principal investigator of emerging Africa’s first microelectronics institute. He is attending the African Union congress in Kenya this March and will join a leading US semiconductor firm as a team shaping the future of computing.

Ndubuisi is the Founder/President of African Institution of Technology. He is selected for inclusion in the Marquis Who’s Who in America (2010 edition) and Strathmore’s Who’s Who Worldwide (2009). His first book, Nanotechnology and Microelectronics: Global Diffusion, Economics and Policy, by IGI Global, USA will be ready early next year.

What is www.afrit.org?
Afrit stands for African Institution of Technology. Our mission is to provide practical educational support, enable technology policies, and facilitate bottom-up creative technology diffusion in African economies. My vision on this organization is simply to provide support to tertiary institutions interested in introducing cutting edge programs in their curricula. We understand that many African schools do not have the human skills to properly educate their students on these areas. What we do is to work with these institutions to develop the courses, lab manuals and necessary experiments that will facilitate practical academic experiences for the students. We do not charge for our services; they are free and open to all institutions in Africa. We focus mainly on microelectronics, semiconductors, computing (hardware), and robotics. We also source for textbooks from Western publishers and donate to schools. These books are usually technical textbooks. We have members across Europe, Canada and USA.

Another important area of our work is provision of computer aided design (CAD) tools. CAD tools are software programs created to facilitate design and automation in science and engineering. They are very expensive to acquire and license and certainly beyond the reach of our schools. However, even in the United States, schools do not buy some of them from their vendors or manufacturers. The companies simply donate them as part of their strategies to ensure that students get used to their products. Afrit has written many of these companies and they are simply ready to help our schools. For the really cheap CAD, they give us the permission to use them in teaching. These are the activities of Afrit. When a school needs a CAD, we can help them get free license for some of them for their educational and research needs.

Afrit has also worked with foreign partners to enable us fabricate integrated circuits designed by students in Africa. For instance, if a student designs integrated circuits (or chips) for camera, brain interface, cell phone, calculator, etc, we have the capacities to fabricate those chips and send back to the student for testing. The goal is to help our students experience the complete design cycle: from design to testing.

What are the aims and objectives of www.afrit.org?
Our major objective is to help African nations, especially Nigeria, to transfer and diffuse cutting edge technologies like microelectronics and nanotechnology. We believe so much that the hope of Africa will be by creating knowledge and training armies of knowledge workers towards diversifying our mineral- or hydrocarbon-based economies. Based on this motivation, we work to create awareness on the need to focus on these technologies and not just information technology (IT). Many African governments have IT policy and no technology policy; in short across African many people think that IT is synonymous with technology. For us, we want to push the notion that IT, though a great technology, is not the only technology. Without microelectronics, there will be no IT as the computers must be designed before we can experience the IT. Fortunately, the wealth comes from microelectronics and IT design and not the consumption as we presently have in Nigeria. We consume IT as we do not create it. By consuming IT, we waste lots of resources that would have been saved if we can develop some of the IT infrastructures. Microelectronics is the bedrock to making routers, switches, computers , etc as it is the engine of modern commerce that continues to revolutionize all aspects of our lives. We have developed what we call Afrit-model to diffuse microelectronics in Africa.

To realize these goals, we focus on three constituents: governments, schools and small and medium enterprises (SME). We help schools improve their programs. For governments, we provide experience to help them develop policies on technology transfer for these technologies. For SME, we help them identify areas where they can contribute towards facilitating the diffusion of microelectronics. For instance, we note that the computer business center model was very successful in advancing IT in Nigeria. We can create a program that can help graduates to start programming microprocessors and FPGA instead of wasting time on computers composing 419 emails.

As we do these, we connect Nigerian students to scholarship opportunities; give our schools information on grants, provide collaboration linkages with foreign schools.

What are Afrit challenges and success?
Our major challenge is simply reaching our audience: schools, small and medium enterprises, and governments. For the schools, we have made attempts in the past to send CDs containing the CAD tools, but without our presence, we noticed that some of the schools were unable to properly use them. The challenge is having the time to train at least the teachers on the software as they apply to IC or chip design. For governments, Afrit is truly committed to assist them develop infrastructures like semiconductor institutes that will become the bedrock to diffuse this technology. Also, being students, it is natural that we do not have enough funding for travel we make. However, since our organization does not distribute hardware, rather, ideas, we try to cope. When we ask a firm to send us their tools to help schools educate, it does not cost us anything, except time. One area we would have made more impacts if we have money is buying development boards and donating to schools. Some of these boards cost less than $20 in US and can add values to education. The same goes with biomorphic robots, which go for $36 and can help students understand how to design systems that mimic nature and push human towards immortality.

We have had successes across the continent. We are working on projects with African Union, World Bank, Nigerian universities, and other African schools. I hold visiting appointments in some of these schools. We have attended conferences in Hungary, Canada, many cities in the US and have CAD licenses to train with. I will be going to one in Kenya next month organized by African Union. Our publication is also extensive. We are working on two books right now. One is focusing on how technology will be used to turn brain drain into brain gain. In other words, I do not need to live in Nigeria to make contributions in Nigeria. While in the US, I can continue to advance my skills and using the right mix of technology, can help my nation. Afrit is also working on a project that will offer the blueprint on how Telepresence can be deployed in Africa. Yes, having the capacity to teach at Bayero University from my house in the United States. We want to see that schools have these facilities for collaborations. We have helped universities in Nigeria prepared international grants to foreign agencies to meet the best standards. While it may not be wise to give names of schools, we have developed microelectronics curricula for many universities across Africa.

How do you intend to overcome those challenges?
Simply, by reaching schools, small businesses and governments and telling them what we can offer to them. That is why we appreciate this exposure Triumph newspaper is giving us. Thank you very much. We want to see relationships from schools in the Northern part of Nigeria. We are yet to have a project from this region. We missed an opportunity to work with one of the schools in the North few years ago. The period we planned to arrive, lecturers started strike and it was cancelled.

http://www.triumphnewspapers.com/ho1122009.html
http://afrit.org/si.aspx
http://www.businessweek.com/innovate, ng_ted_22.html
http://etienne.ece.jhu.edu/people/nekekwe/index.html
http://naijatechtalk./2, ubuisi-ekekwe/

PC named after his home town Ovim, Abia state
Ovim- Nigeria’s Tablet PC- Ready for Electronic Medical Records Systems
http://goafrit./2010/11, cords-systems/
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by Cyborg2011: 7:24am On Feb 20, 2011
I am highly impressed to see Nigerians like you out there, this will really reflect and bring a good name to the country, men Bravo !

Keep on, and don't stop please, you will have my vote all the times,

By the way, which presentation software you used for the video, I don't have a clue, or its Adobe After Effects ?

Thanks.
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by Orikinla(m): 7:37am On Feb 20, 2011
Great proactive initiative. I have the first Nigerian online news and history library on www.nigeriansreport.com. You should submit your project to the Knight News Challenge fund for digital media projects. If you can prove that it is going to be of immense benefit to Nigerians you can get funding to run it well.
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by Orikinla(m): 8:02am On Feb 20, 2011
On funding for your other projects, send me a PM or contact me via Nigerians Report.
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by Cyborg2011: 2:50pm On Feb 21, 2011
Cyborg2011:

I am highly impressed to see Nigerians like you out there, this will really reflect and bring a good name to the country, men Bravo !

Keep on, and don't stop please, you will have my vote all the times,

By the way, which presentation software you used for the video, I don't have a clue, or its Adobe After Effects ?

Thanks.

? ?
Re: Help bring Digital Libraries to Africa! by Jarus(m): 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2011
loma:

Just got an expression of interest in the project from this great Nigerian.

Who is Ndubuisi Ekekwe?
Ndubuisi Ekekwe was born in Ovim, Abia state. He attended Secondary Technical School, Ovim where he passed the SSCE/WASC with 8 distinctions including A2 in Further Mathematics and set his school all-time best result in that examination. Ndubuisi was so gifted that while in SS1, he self-prepared himself for none-science subjects and passed them with distinctions in GCE. He continued in school because of his passion for sciences. He obtained bachelor in engineering degree from Federal University of Technology, Owerri as the best student in the department of electrical & computer engineering with specialization in electronics/computer engineering in 1998.

He holds four masters degrees: MBA (University of Calabar), MTech (Federal University of Technology, Akure), Ms (Tuskegee University, USA), MSE (Johns Hopkins University, USA) and two doctorates in management from St. Clements University and Electrical & Computer Engineering specializing in microelectronics & medical robotics engineering, at the Johns Hopkins University, USA in March 2009. His research involves making integrated circuits with applications on alternative energies, medical robotics, biomedical systems and neuromorphics-an area that involves creating artificial human organs like retinas, cochlea and brain.

Ndubuisi began his doctorate in the Johns Hopkins University, USA after completing his Ms at Tuskegee University, USA with a CGPA of 4/4 in electrical engineering. That academic brilliance gave him the prestigious United States ERC/National Science Foundation and Johns Hopkins University fellowships. During his masters, he received the United States EMCWA scholarship and worked on the NASA’s Jet Propulsion project that focused on distribution of high frequency in the space environment. He has received many awards including the United Kingdom Congress on Computer Assisted Surgery and nomination for the Johns Hopkins Institutions Diversity Recognition Award. In June 2007, the Johns Hopkins University Whiting School of Engineering awarded him the SAMSTAG fellowship for ‘outstanding performance by a graduate student’.

Ndubuisi is certified in many key technologies and has published many technical papers in leading journals and conferences. His working experiences include NNPC and Diamond Bank. He holds two pending patents on microelectronics and has consulted for universities, World Bank, and firms. He also holds visiting appointments in two African universities and presently the principal investigator of emerging Africa’s first microelectronics institute. He is attending the African Union congress in Kenya this March and will join a leading US semiconductor firm as a team shaping the future of computing.

Ndubuisi is the Founder/President of African Institution of Technology. He is selected for inclusion in the Marquis Who’s Who in America (2010 edition) and Strathmore’s Who’s Who Worldwide (2009). His first book, Nanotechnology and Microelectronics: Global Diffusion, Economics and Policy, by IGI Global, USA will be ready early next year.

What is www.afrit.org?
Afrit stands for African Institution of Technology. Our mission is to provide practical educational support, enable technology policies, and facilitate bottom-up creative technology diffusion in African economies. My vision on this organization is simply to provide support to tertiary institutions interested in introducing cutting edge programs in their curricula. We understand that many African schools do not have the human skills to properly educate their students on these areas. What we do is to work with these institutions to develop the courses, lab manuals and necessary experiments that will facilitate practical academic experiences for the students. We do not charge for our services; they are free and open to all institutions in Africa. We focus mainly on microelectronics, semiconductors, computing (hardware), and robotics. We also source for textbooks from Western publishers and donate to schools. These books are usually technical textbooks. We have members across Europe, Canada and USA.

Another important area of our work is provision of computer aided design (CAD) tools. CAD tools are software programs created to facilitate design and automation in science and engineering. They are very expensive to acquire and license and certainly beyond the reach of our schools. However, even in the United States, schools do not buy some of them from their vendors or manufacturers. The companies simply donate them as part of their strategies to ensure that students get used to their products. Afrit has written many of these companies and they are simply ready to help our schools. For the really cheap CAD, they give us the permission to use them in teaching. These are the activities of Afrit. When a school needs a CAD, we can help them get free license for some of them for their educational and research needs.

Afrit has also worked with foreign partners to enable us fabricate integrated circuits designed by students in Africa. For instance, if a student designs integrated circuits (or chips) for camera, brain interface, cell phone, calculator, etc, we have the capacities to fabricate those chips and send back to the student for testing. The goal is to help our students experience the complete design cycle: from design to testing.

What are the aims and objectives of www.afrit.org?
Our major objective is to help African nations, especially Nigeria, to transfer and diffuse cutting edge technologies like microelectronics and nanotechnology. We believe so much that the hope of Africa will be by creating knowledge and training armies of knowledge workers towards diversifying our mineral- or hydrocarbon-based economies. Based on this motivation, we work to create awareness on the need to focus on these technologies and not just information technology (IT). Many African governments have IT policy and no technology policy; in short across African many people think that IT is synonymous with technology. For us, we want to push the notion that IT, though a great technology, is not the only technology. Without microelectronics, there will be no IT as the computers must be designed before we can experience the IT. Fortunately, the wealth comes from microelectronics and IT design and not the consumption as we presently have in Nigeria. We consume IT as we do not create it. By consuming IT, we waste lots of resources that would have been saved if we can develop some of the IT infrastructures. Microelectronics is the bedrock to making routers, switches, computers , etc as it is the engine of modern commerce that continues to revolutionize all aspects of our lives. We have developed what we call Afrit-model to diffuse microelectronics in Africa.

To realize these goals, we focus on three constituents: governments, schools and small and medium enterprises (SME). We help schools improve their programs. For governments, we provide experience to help them develop policies on technology transfer for these technologies. For SME, we help them identify areas where they can contribute towards facilitating the diffusion of microelectronics. For instance, we note that the computer business center model was very successful in advancing IT in Nigeria. We can create a program that can help graduates to start programming microprocessors and FPGA instead of wasting time on computers composing 419 emails.

As we do these, we connect Nigerian students to scholarship opportunities; give our schools information on grants, provide collaboration linkages with foreign schools.

What are Afrit challenges and success?
Our major challenge is simply reaching our audience: schools, small and medium enterprises, and governments. For the schools, we have made attempts in the past to send CDs containing the CAD tools, but without our presence, we noticed that some of the schools were unable to properly use them. The challenge is having the time to train at least the teachers on the software as they apply to IC or chip design. For governments, Afrit is truly committed to assist them develop infrastructures like semiconductor institutes that will become the bedrock to diffuse this technology. Also, being students, it is natural that we do not have enough funding for travel we make. However, since our organization does not distribute hardware, rather, ideas, we try to cope. When we ask a firm to send us their tools to help schools educate, it does not cost us anything, except time. One area we would have made more impacts if we have money is buying development boards and donating to schools. Some of these boards cost less than $20 in US and can add values to education. The same goes with biomorphic robots, which go for $36 and can help students understand how to design systems that mimic nature and push human towards immortality.

We have had successes across the continent. We are working on projects with African Union, World Bank, Nigerian universities, and other African schools. I hold visiting appointments in some of these schools. We have attended conferences in Hungary, Canada, many cities in the US and have CAD licenses to train with. I will be going to one in Kenya next month organized by African Union. Our publication is also extensive. We are working on two books right now. One is focusing on how technology will be used to turn brain drain into brain gain. In other words, I do not need to live in Nigeria to make contributions in Nigeria. While in the US, I can continue to advance my skills and using the right mix of technology, can help my nation. Afrit is also working on a project that will offer the blueprint on how Telepresence can be deployed in Africa. Yes, having the capacity to teach at Bayero University from my house in the United States. We want to see that schools have these facilities for collaborations. We have helped universities in Nigeria prepared international grants to foreign agencies to meet the best standards. While it may not be wise to give names of schools, we have developed microelectronics curricula for many universities across Africa.

How do you intend to overcome those challenges?
Simply, by reaching schools, small businesses and governments and telling them what we can offer to them. That is why we appreciate this exposure Triumph newspaper is giving us. Thank you very much. We want to see relationships from schools in the Northern part of Nigeria. We are yet to have a project from this region. We missed an opportunity to work with one of the schools in the North few years ago. The period we planned to arrive, lecturers started strike and it was cancelled.

http://www.triumphnewspapers.com/ho1122009.html
http://afrit.org/si.aspx
http://www.businessweek.com/innovate, ng_ted_22.html
http://etienne.ece.jhu.edu/people/nekekwe/index.html
http://naijatechtalk./2, ubuisi-ekekwe/

PC named after his home town Ovim, Abia state
Ovim- Nigeria’s Tablet PC- Ready for Electronic Medical Records Systems
http://goafrit./2010/11, cords-systems/
loma, beg me before I reel out your own CV too grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Picture Of Captured And Injured Boko Haram Leader Shekarau / IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? / See List Of Confirmed Ministers From President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.