Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,670 members, 7,882,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 08:15 PM

How Much Am I Expected To Pay For A Mytv Decoder Swapping? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How Much Am I Expected To Pay For A Mytv Decoder Swapping? (602 Views)

My Bruhm AC Is Not As Chilly As Expected. / Iphone XR For Swapping To Iphone Xs-max / Swapping This Uk Used Dual Sim Samsung S7 Edge For Any 4G Wifi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Much Am I Expected To Pay For A Mytv Decoder Swapping? by LordPhoenix777: 6:09pm On Aug 02, 2020
Compliments family.
Lately my Strong SRT 4675A decoder suddenly stopped working. As in it went dead. Power was not coming on. I thought it had to do with the power side of the decoder so I took it to 2 different technicians who all advised that I go swap it for one of the HD newer versions, that the problem is not the power side but the board is dead.
The thing is, in this current economic situation, I'm kind of in a budget but I do miss some of the programmed channels on that decoder because they are free unlike the others you have to subscribe periodically with increased tariffs.
Please, does anyone know how much it is to swap an old Strong or Mytv decoder for a new one?
Thanks family.
Re: How Much Am I Expected To Pay For A Mytv Decoder Swapping? by Zephyr1: 6:24pm On Aug 02, 2020
By swap, you mean giving your dead decoder to someone who owns a HD strong decoder?

I think the price of new Strong SRT HD decoder range between N14k to N20k (e.g. 4940) or thereabouts as at the last check.

1 Like

Re: How Much Am I Expected To Pay For A Mytv Decoder Swapping? by LordPhoenix777: 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2020
Zephyr1:
By swap, you mean giving your dead decoder to someone who owns a HD strong decoder?

I think the price of new Strong SRT HD decoder range between N14k to N20k (e.g. 4940) or thereabouts as at the last check.

Noooooo... By swapping, I mean taking my dead decoder to Mytv office to update it by taking another one a newer version and paying a token. The payment won't be as high as buying a fresh or new one totally because you're not a fresh customer, just updating. Thus, if the price of a new one is 14k, by swapping, I might just pay about 5k or 7k like that. That was what I was told by the technicians. But only at their (Mytv/Strong), offices. I just want to know from my tech family here if anyone has an idea of how much it might require.
Thanks man, I do appreciate!

(1) (Reply)

SOLD!!! / I Would Give You This Phone For 10k SOLD! SOLD!! SOLD!!! / Brand New Sealed Samsung S20 Unlocked 250k Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.