Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,256 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:54 AM

Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers (33788 Views)

Nigerians Express Shock As Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For 50,000 / WHO’s Hydroxychloroquine Trial Suspended Pending Safety Data / COVID-19: Lagos To start Hydroxychloroquine Clinical Trials Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by legionISproteus: 3:57pm On Aug 03, 2020
AFONJAPIG:
And do you believe this shit Someone might add 1 Zero to make it 50k just to create tension... I don't trust Nigerians
Look at that picture closely. Does it look like something an extra zero was added? It is unbelievable, yes, that's how the wickedness Nigerians show each other is. Unbelievable wickedness

1 Like

Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by legionISproteus: 3:59pm On Aug 03, 2020
Period007:

U cant blame the pharmacy for this price until u know the actual cost price,maybe they bought it from the manufacturers/wholesalers/open drug market for 49k who knows
There is no economic validation for that ridiculous price tag!

Eyesage:
There are two ways to look at it.
Maybe such an arbitrary increase would prevent those who don’t need it from overbuying and hoarding it, creating scarcity preventing those who really need it from having access to it.

Economics always kinda makes sense.

If it’s that valuable with immense capacity to treat the pandemic that shut the world down, it would definitely sell for more than N2500
There is no economic validation for that ridiculous price tag!
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by fowlyansh181(m): 4:01pm On Aug 03, 2020
And who believes chloroquine is a cure to covid? Who believes that crack head doctor lady ..
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by legionISproteus: 4:03pm On Aug 03, 2020
Miracle1991:
Nigerians are naturally wicked. That's the reason why I preferred military rule. This pharmacy would have been shut down by only one order. Democracy is not good for Nigeria I swear. The owner of that pharmacy will surely die of Corona virus infection, his #50,000 drugs will not save him.
Unfortunately the military will loot us dry and kill who ever speaks up. Are the military staff not Nigerians?
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by Worldliness(f): 4:04pm On Aug 03, 2020
Hopebringer:
[s][/s]

Yes the pharmacy is owned by an indigene!!

99% pharmacy are owned by Rivers female indigenes..

I don't argue senselessly like Rivers people

That address on the price sticker shows it to be Ebus Pharmacy, Eastern Bye pass Port Harcourt.
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by gideonvalor98(m): 4:12pm On Aug 03, 2020
Now they will say leaders are the problem... No regulation, someone can just wake up one day and be selling at the he/she likes.
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by Murketeer: 4:18pm On Aug 03, 2020
Kentursky:
That's Ebus pharmacy owned by an Igbo man. That pharmacy needs to be closed down, I don't care if it is owned by an Igbo man like me.
What if the cost price is 40K?
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by Murketeer: 4:26pm On Aug 03, 2020
Hopebringer:
[s][/s]

Yes the pharmacy is owned by an indigene!!

99% pharmacy are owned by Rivers female indigenes..

I don't argue senselessly like Rivers people
See the way you are Insulting everybody all over the thread ...If the Fed Govt were to go to the pharmacy now to close down the pharmacy...and offcos the Pharmacist in charge presents his cost price and then probably it's 47K for cost price ....Do you think the Govt can still shut it down? ...you people keep mistaking HCQ for the very popular chloroquine phosphate ...research una nor go do
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by sleekyjeva(m): 4:42pm On Aug 03, 2020
That's Ebus pharmacy we deserve to know the name so we can run away from dem..Bad market
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by Ihedinuwa69(m): 4:46pm On Aug 03, 2020
Opportunities opportunities=opportunities

Meanwhile check this out

It's 3D cartoon. Artwork

Readily affordable
+2348168868268

Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by Hopebringer: 4:56pm On Aug 03, 2020
onyechez:

What property do you own in rivers state?
You haven't answer my first question? How many do you know! It seems the peers you deal with are criminals.
An assignment : Go to eleme prison and see the ethnic group of people that are there.

After reading the rubbish you wrote I have decided not to engage with you again. A typical Rivers drunkard

No point , you people are so narrow minded and myopic . You don't leave your state to go out and interact with other tribes and races so you can broaden you thinking so no point
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by Xisnin(m): 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2020
SmartPolician:

If you know what fake means, you would understand that Dr. Immanuel is nowhere fake.
Words in context have more than one meaning.
I used the word that most people would understand.

Immanuel began her career at the Pediatric Clinic in Louisiana.[6] In December 1998, she began practicing at the Southern Pediatric Clinic in Alexandria, Louisiana.

In February 1999, she joined the General Pediatric Care Clinic as a pediatrician.[5] In 2006, she owned the Rapha Medical and Therapeutic Clinic in Louisiana.[6] She is a registered physician in Texas with an active medical license from the Texas Medical Board.

The only problem I have with her is that she combines emotions, spirituality and medical sciences.

These points are irrelevant.
People can be many things at the same time and their past credentials
cannot cancel out what they have become.
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by Weirdgee: 5:03pm On Aug 03, 2020
This is why the blacks will always be seen as evil and wicked by the whites.
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by Chrisjahguy: 5:09pm On Aug 03, 2020
The pharmacy is located at No5 Eastern-bypass rod Port harcourt. They only covered the name but not the address
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by Kinematics: 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2020
Hopebringer:
[s][/s]

[s]A typical Rivers indigene, like a wild animal as always[/s]

A typical psycho!
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 03, 2020
Hopebringer:
[i][/i]

After reading the rubbish you wrote I have decided not to engage with you again. A typical Rivers drunkard

No point , you people are so narrow minded and myopic . You don't leave your state to go out and interact with other tribes and races so you can broaden you thinking so no point

Hahaha you have no point to prove again so just rest, for example I have visited and live in so many states in Nigeria so that's by the way.
We have the likes of Tonto dike, Sam dede, mercy chinwo etc who are from rivers state living in Lagos state who got friends who are yoruba, Igbo etc so your statement is flawed.
before you make statements which aren't factual please think.
Don't be ignorant.
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by golddare: 5:53pm On Aug 03, 2020
HembaqMbk:
Just to see how our fellow country men think and act, following the video made by Dr. Stella Immanuel on effectiveness of Hydoxychloroquine sulfate as a treatment for Covid-19. They have suddenly inflated the price from N2500 to N50,000. Why are Nigerians like this?

Can you push this to FP to create an awareness on this wicked behaviour.

Throughout the lockdown all the oyibo malls did not increase price of any products with a dime but guess what, all the African stores jacked up their prices. Small time they will say they sabi God pass oyibo, I will not be shocked if Oyibo plenty for heaven pass Africans.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 03, 2020
legionISproteus:
Now you know the name of the pharmacy, what are you going to do? angry

Julibet BigBizzy infohenry alizma Tomjazzy2 SoliBayNG airsaylongcom Pavillon mustmust (no need for PM everything is online) Chrisjahguy

I already knew it Ebus. Just wanted them to be named and shamed

1 Like

Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by Hopebringer: 6:32pm On Aug 03, 2020
[s]
onyechez:

Hahaha you have no point to prove again so just rest, for example I have visited and live in so many states in Nigeria so that's by the way.
We have the likes of Tonto dike, Sam dede, mercy chinwo etc who are from rivers state living in Lagos state who got friends who are yoruba, Igbo etc so your statement is flawed.
before you make statements which aren't factual please think.
Don't be ignorant.
[/s]

Oh my gosh

Such trash

Typical of you people
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by gwama: 6:32pm On Aug 03, 2020
If you can't afford chloroquine hydroxide, drink a hot herbal tea of neem leaves every night on your way home from work, you can add Temple of even balm. cool cool cool
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by edoairways: 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2020
Xisnin:
That is the price some people have to pay for stupidity.
No sane person would take the partisan fake Doctor who also believe in witches, wizards and aliens seriously.

I hope the price is increased to 500K.
Witches exist don't let the media fool you

1 Like

Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by Deepthoughts: 7:05pm On Aug 03, 2020
Pharmmaqp:

Stop saying nonsense.

I am a pharmacist and I am speaking from a professional point of view.

That drug has been expensive since January. People only got to know more about the drug after that video.

Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine phosphate the not the same thing.
The later is the one commonly used in the treatment of malaria in Nigeria and it's still affordable as low as 500 naira per card.

That pharmacy sell the cheapest hydroxychloroquine.. quote me anywhere.
Oga pharmacist just talk say una market don pay,now you de speak grammar,as a pharmacist y u no discover say the drug dealer help for Corona?,now you come de form encyclopedia of drugs.
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by executive12: 7:06pm On Aug 03, 2020
Deepthoughts:
The story is about the cost of the drug in Nigeria, Mr USA!

If the price of the drug is high outside Nigeria, then you should expect it to be high in Nigeria because Nigeria does not manufacture Hydroxychloroquine.

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by executive12: 7:09pm On Aug 03, 2020
umarshehu58:
And the government will do nothing to those pharmacies

What will the government do to them? Do you expect the Pharmacies to sell below their cost price?
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by umarshehu58(m): 7:40pm On Aug 03, 2020
executive12:

What will the government do to them? Do you expect the Pharmacies to sell below their cost price?

Cost price or hike price?

Or are you saying the pharmacy bought it around 30 to 40k When the actual price is 2500?
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by mustmust(m): 7:45pm On Aug 03, 2020
airsaylongcom:

I already knew it Ebus. Just wanted them to be named and shamed

I know why I asked for that. Our agents already visited one pharmacy in Port and all the drugs were hidden
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 03, 2020
Queenlovely:
why are you guys complaining? it's cheap

the value of the naira to the dollar is almost $ =500naira, we instructed tenants to start paying in dollars

if you have your way run from this country

if you save 1 naira in this country for a year, it's a total of 365 naira, in America you make the same 365 naira in a day. one million dirhams of Dubai currency is 100 million naira in Nigeria,

stop wasting your future in this country, a boy I adopted back in 1994 from akwa ibom was called a witch

I use money to baff am up, he was in Lagos selling real estate but I sent him to Canada, he owns a Lamborghini showroom in Vegas today
The kind of news i read daily is really shocking. Most people are just making things difficult for others. Most sellers in my community will just be inflating prices and blaming it on the economy. Well, i know one day all this mess will be over.
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 03, 2020
Nigerians are the most wicked set of people, no wonder God looked at Nigerians and said, "wow, this species are not made after my image no wonder they turned black instead of white like d angels as expired products that they are, God should have just wasted the cement and sharp sand he used to make this wicked souls and use it to carve more olosho's and more animals for feeding ! Whereas somewhere where God used better plaster sand and better unicem cement do in Denmark, they knowingly inflate d price to stop people from buying two and the price of one is so cheap, thus ensuring that people buy one hand sanitizer at a cheap price instead of Two at the same price, thereby preventing hoarding
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by Exerter007(m): 9:55pm On Aug 03, 2020
OP why blurring the identity of the Pharmacy if your claim is genuine? There's no crime in exposing the culprit Pharmacy for authorities to act.
Spreading fake news na part of the problem.
Assimilating unverified news online na part of the problem too.
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by mvem(m): 10:26pm On Aug 03, 2020
Skyfornia:
Smh..this country is damned. No regulations at all...from the top to the least everybody is corrupt. We need redemption.
so it's basically everyone right ?
Re: Pharmacy Sells Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate For ₦50,000 In Port Harcourt, Rivers by bkool7(m): 11:25pm On Aug 03, 2020
skyfather09:
where them cum see the sticker to write the amount, you dey act like say you no be Nigerian. this country na thief full am baba.

That sticker is sold in the market.

Sales people write prices on it.

If i want to be funny i can just take a sticker and write 50k on it and paste on the pack. Simple

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Does It Really Mean That There Is No Cure For Staphylococcus? / Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) / Why Do Women Have Better Dentition Than Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.