Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,942 members, 7,980,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 12:46 PM

How Can I Be Ready To Be Caught Up In The Rapture? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I Be Ready To Be Caught Up In The Rapture? (662 Views)

My Father Has A Bat In His Wardrobe: Should I Be Worried? / After The Rapture : A Letter To Those Left Behind / Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Be Ready To Be Caught Up In The Rapture? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Yes, the only way to the Father is through obedience of the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ.
No one can become a follower of Jesus Christ simply by wishing for it. Jesus required that those who choose to follow Him do the work that He commands they first do.

1. Be prepared to abandon parents, brother, sister, children, spouse, in-laws, e.t.c.
2. Abandon all that you know/believe, have, and all that you are
3. Bear your own burden (not someone else's cross- not even your family's or children's)

4. Become a child again in your thinking and your actions

5. Be prepared to lose life(reputation, career, control, property, etc.)

6. Desire above all to find and enter the Kingdom of God and also walk the path of righteousness, with God as your guide every step
7. Let go of all control you have over your life and circumstances, allowing God to take care of your every need

In order to OPEN your eyes, you have to become like a child... as Jesus Christ commanded you.

And in order to ensure you continue in His Love, you have obey His teachings and His commandments....

Something you obviously need to learn to do @Solite3

Anyone who have put their faith on Jesus has already obeyed God.
Yes in following Christ there are loses but those loses cannot be compared to the glory that shall be revealed at the coming of Christ.
You can only follow Christ when you put your faith on him.
If you indeed follow Christ you will not be arguing with me like you are doing now.
Re: How Can I Be Ready To Be Caught Up In The Rapture? by Kobojunkie: 10:22pm On Aug 04, 2020
solite3:
Anyone who have put their faith on Jesus has already obeyed God.
Do you know what Faith means? Faith is the sum total of your obedience to the very commandment of Jesus Christ.

If you do not obey Him, you have no faith in Him and your claim to believe in Him is nothing but a lie.

Jesus Christ Himself told you that if you love Him, You will keep His commandments. If your love/belief is one that is devoid of obedience to His commandments, I am afraid to tell you that you have absolutely no faith in Him... meaning your faith bucket remains empty...i.e. dead!
solite3:
Yes in following Christ there are loses but those loses cannot be compared to the glory that shall be revealed at the coming of Christ.
You can only follow Christ when you put your faith on him.
If you indeed follow Christ you will not be arguing with me like you are doing now.
No one asked you to compare the cost of becoming a follower to the glory. What Jesus Christ told you is that you will have to incur losses. undecided

The rich man whom Jesus Christ told to go sell all that He had in order to become worthy of following Jesus Christ afterwards found the cost too steep to bear. That is why he, the rich man, turned back. He had done everything else as commanded by Jesus Christ, except, he found it difficult letting go of his possessions.. denying self.... and so was not able to move forward at the time. undecided
The cost is a cost nonetheless, and needs to be paid in order to become worthy of being a follower of Jesus Christ. And as Jesus Christ said, it will be difficult for those who are already rich to let go, but not impossible. undecided
Re: How Can I Be Ready To Be Caught Up In The Rapture? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Do you know what Faith means? Faith is the sum total of your obedience to the very commandment of Jesus Christ.

If you do not obey Him, you have no faith in Him and your claim to believe in Him is nothing but a lie.

Jesus Christ Himself told you that if you love Him, You will keep His commandments. If your love/belief is one that is devoid of obedience to His commandments, I am afraid to tell you that you have absolutely no faith in Him... meaning your faith bucket remains empty...i.e. dead!
No one asked you to compare the cost of becoming a follower to the glory. What Jesus Christ told you is that you will have to incur losses. undecided

The rich man whom Jesus Christ told to go sell all that He had in order to become worthy of following Jesus Christ afterwards found the cost too steep to bear. That is why he, the rich man, turned back. He had done everything else as commanded by Jesus Christ, except, he found it difficult letting go of his possessions.. denying self.... and so was not able to move forward at the time. undecided
The cost is a cost nonetheless, and needs to be paid in order to become worthy of being a follower of Jesus Christ. And as Jesus Christ said, it will be difficult for those who are already rich to let go, but not impossible. undecided
the Rich man didnt do what Jesus told him because he didnt believe on Jesus but on his wealth.

Anyone who put their faith on Jesus wouldnt have any problem obeying him, that is what you dont understand.
Abraham trusted in God that was why he obeyed God even when God told him to sacrifice his son he obeyed but the rich young ruler in this case never trusted that Jesus was sufficient enough, he trusted his wealth.
If you are trusting on your work then you cannot trust on Jesus but if you trust Jesus you will obey him.
That is the relationship between faith and works, until you come to faith in Christ you will never be able to obey him, just as you are not able to obey Jesus but instead follow your own mental logic.
Re: How Can I Be Ready To Be Caught Up In The Rapture? by Kobojunkie: 11:03pm On Aug 04, 2020
solite3:
the Rich man didnt do what Jesus told him because he didnt believe on Jesus but on his wealth.
If the rich man did not in fact believe in Jesus Christ, then ask yourself this, why did He approach Jesus Christ, and not the High Priest /Pharisees /Sadducees with His questions about eternal life and entering into the Kingdom of God? Obviously, the man held Jesus Christ in high regards -- He believed Jesus Christ.

Matthew 19 vs 16-12 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16. A man came to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to have eternal life?”
17. Jesus answered, “Why do you ask me about what is good? Only God is good. But if you want to have eternal life, obey the law’s commands.”
18. The man asked, “Which ones?”
Jesus answered, “‘You must not murder anyone, you must not commit adultery, you must not steal, you must not tell lies about others,
19. you must respect your father and mother,’[e] and ‘love your neighbor[f] the same as you love yourself.’[g]”
20. The young man said, “I have obeyed all these commands. What else do I need?”
21. Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, then go and sell all that you own. Give the money to the poor, and you will have riches in heaven. Then come and follow me!”
22. But when the young man heard Jesus tell him to give away his money, he was sad. He didn’t want to do this, because he was very rich. So he left.

solite3:
Anyone who put their faith on Jesus wouldnt have any problem obeying him, that is what you dont understand.
The man had no problem obeying the commandments except for the one which required he loose his life in order to gain it.
solite3:
Abraham trusted in God that was why he obeyed God even when God told him to sacrifice his son he obeyed but the rich young ruler in this case never trusted that Jesus was sufficient enough, he trusted his wealth.
Well, even Peter, and Thomas who walked with Jesus Christ had a hard time with obeying.... surely you can see how not so very easy the walk is for those who believe.
solite3:
If you are trusting on your work then you cannot trust on Jesus but if you trust Jesus you will obey him.
That is the relationship between faith and works, until you come to faith in Christ you will never be able to obey him, just as you are not able to obey Jesus but instead follow your own mental logic.
You confuse yourself there. No servant who serves a master in the way Jesus Christ commands, trusts his works, instead the servant trusts in the words of his Master that it will be well with him/her if they continue to obey.

Faith, as I tried to tell you earlier, is the sum total of your obedience to the commandments of Jesus Christ. Yes, even those who do not believe in Him can submit to obeying Him, and by their faith in Him, they are justified for He reveals Himself to them.

So, yes, even those who do not previously believe in Him or know Him can in fact come to know Him through submission to having faith (obeying His very commandments) regardless of the status of their mind as far as who He truly is.
Re: How Can I Be Ready To Be Caught Up In The Rapture? by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
If the rich man did not in fact believe in Jesus Christ, then ask yourself this, why did He approach Jesus Christ, and not the High Priest /Pharisees /Sadducees with His questions about eternal life and entering into the Kingdom of God? Obviously, the man held Jesus Christ in high regards -- He believed Jesus Christ.

The man had no problem obeying the commandments except for the one which required he loose his life in order to gain it.
Well, even Peter, and Thomas who walked with Jesus Christ had a hard time with obeying.... surely you can see how not so very easy the walk is for those who believe.
You confuse yourself there. No servant who serves a master in the way Jesus Christ commands, trusts his works, instead the servant trusts in the words of his Master that it will be well with him/her if they continue to obey.

Faith, as I tried to tell you earlier, is the sum total of your obedience to the commandments of Jesus Christ. Yes, even those who do not believe in Him can submit to obeying Him, and by their faith in Him, they are justified for He reveals Himself to them.

So, yes, even those who do not previously believe in Him or know Him can in fact come to know Him through submission to having faith (obeying His very commandments) regardless of the status of their mind as far as who He truly is.
you are confused
Re: How Can I Be Ready To Be Caught Up In The Rapture? by Kobojunkie: 6:55am On Aug 05, 2020
solite3:
you are confused
Don't tell me I am confused. Show me exactly where you are having trouble understanding what I typed so I can maybe expand. undecided
Re: How Can I Be Ready To Be Caught Up In The Rapture? by sonmvayina(m): 9:43am On Aug 05, 2020
solite3:
Repent and believe on the Lord Jesus.

See this clown.. There there..
Re: How Can I Be Ready To Be Caught Up In The Rapture? by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 05, 2020
This is clear evidence that the RAPTURE concept is a scam!
If you're all arguing endlessly over something like this yet you're claiming it's scriptural, is it not evident enough that it was fabricated? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Be Ready To Be Caught Up In The Rapture? by Kobojunkie: 2:51am On Aug 07, 2020
solite3:
you are confused
you still haven't explained what it was about my response that confused you there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women Are Altars / Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? / Foursquare Church’s Former General Overseer, Badejo, Dies At 74

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.