Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,323 members, 7,881,194 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:09 PM

Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east (4304 Views)

Jonathan Pledges 2 Million Jobs Annually If Re-Elected / Jonathan Pledges To Improve Nigeria’s Security Capabilities / Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by naijaking1: 5:01am On Feb 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Is this before actually helping tackle corruption in the region or after? Also, is this ONLY if he is re-elected?

Your statment is meant to confuse someone from outerspace who doesn't know about Nigeria into believing that corruption is limited to the region in question.

Kobojunkie:

Here's hoping the usual suspects will not derail yet another thread on here . . . it is less than 90 days to election and 150 million people need to make a decision on their future for pete's sake.

Simple! Because South-Eastern politicians have positioned themselves as power-hungry, relevance seeking, sycophants, willing to sell the Ibo Nation without second thought, for a promise of power at the national level, or a chance to claim they have control of Aso-rock. At the same time, the very same continue to turn a blind eye to the obvious decay that still surrounds them and is the life of still many in the SE.

Ethnic bigotry unmasked cheesy
Are you ever going to pretend that you're fair-minded whenever presented with an Igbo issue again?
Throughout the whole corrupt, stinking, and backsliding nation called Nigeria, the highlight is what our politicians do, that's how they survive and ruin our future, yet, here you're spewing your ethnic venom, and painting a false picture to show that these bad qualities are some how limited to SE politicians. Shame on you embarassed
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by Kobojunkie: 5:11am On Feb 12, 2011
Sigh!!! undecided

Here's hoping the usual suspects will not derail yet another thread on here  . . . it is less than 90 days to election and 150 million people need to make a decision on their future for pete's sake.

jason123:

Alhaji, I know we have not been in good terms lately but let us reason here.
Even if it is for the SE leaders, the point is, why lie to them? Why lie to anyone? We can all say, "well, it does not affect me since it is not my region" but what about our people in the SE? If anyone suffers in any region, it also affects your own people. There are a lot of SS, Yoruba and Northers in the SE. How does this money change their lives positively?

Simple! Because South-Eastern politicians have positioned themselves as power-hungry, relevance seeking, sycophants, willing to sell the Ibo Nation without second thought, for a promise of power at the national level, or a chance to claim they have control of Aso-rock. At the same time, the very same continue to turn a blind eye to the obvious decay that still surrounds them and is the life of still many in the SE.
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by Obiagu1(m): 5:15am On Feb 12, 2011
^^^

Do you have a date?
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by SweetT1: 5:56am On Feb 12, 2011
These Nigerian Politicians are so annoying, bunch of @$$wipes. They throw figures around like Naira is a tissue paper, where will his N500B comes from. Ask him where he will get the money from and from what budget? Bunch of monkeys.
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by Kobojunkie: 6:03am On Feb 12, 2011
Sweet T:

This Nigerian Politicians are so annoying, bunch of @$$wipes. They throw figures around like Naira is a tissue paper, where will his [b]N500B [/b]comes from. Ask him where he will get the money from and from what budget? Bunch of monkeys.

I am more concerned about where it will end up . . . many of our own local politicians celebrating this probably see this more as PER DAY than anything else and so will work to rig and cajole the people into voting in their(the politicians) pay day, and not necessarily a better life for the region.
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by Nsiman(m): 9:38am On Feb 12, 2011
When i registered on nl, i hped to meet matured minds in the politics section but here i meet con heads that dn't even knw the name of their respective councilors in their wards. U dn't just jump into doing things just because u are a leader, rather u analyse and knw each pple's problems
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by rebranded(m): 9:54am On Feb 12, 2011
This topic is misleading

I am not a fan of GEJ, but the N500bn is for Nigeria not SE
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by blacksta(m): 9:56am On Feb 12, 2011
Nsiman:

When i registered on nl, i hped to meet matured minds in the politics section but here i meet con heads that dn't even knw the name of their respective councilors in their wards. U dn't just jump into doing things just because u are a leader, rather u analyse and knw each pple's problems

stf  grin

Gej loves throwing jingles  - ask him for detailed plans. he go tell u he no get

and where is the 500b coming from ?

real questions that require answers

what happened to  the $200 Mill for the nollywood

Egyptians have woken up from the slumber  - one day Nigeria too will  join. i  pray it is sooner
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by Nsiman(m): 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2011
@blacksta, Where do the monies for capital projects come from, or u telling us that in 3yrs N500b can not be raised in nigeria?
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by seanet02: 12:21pm On Feb 12, 2011
@nsiman you wont keep displaying your frivolity
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by Nsiman(m): 12:27pm On Feb 12, 2011
@ seanet02, that is a fact, what is frivolous about it. Don't tell me to be smart as u guys have been saying
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by aljharem(m): 1:33pm On Feb 12, 2011
Nsiman:

can you shut that your mouth

you are one of the most immature person here on NL,.,. so what are you taking about undecided
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Feb 12, 2011
Nsiman:

Please do not pretend you are anywhere more mature than those you claim are you. The very same you had the audacity to ask if FOI is worth making into law, this is after showing you have idea of the history and seriousness of the issue being discussed. Even After I posted for you a link to the content of the 2007 version which was rejected by the PDP Government, you still would not stop.
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by excanny: 5:00pm On Feb 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am more concerned about where it will end up . . . many of our own local politicians celebrating this probably see this more as PER DAY than anything else and so will work to rig and cajole the people into voting in their(the politicians) pay day, and not necessarily a better life for the region.

I want to believe that you have no idea of the point you are trying to put forward. 

You are worried that the monies will end up in the hands of entrepreneurs who would use it to boost economic activities? Ofcourse, that's the reason for wanting to give out the capital in the first place.

And if you are actually insinuating that all SE politicians are by default corrupt, again, I'll say you are wrong. The likes of Chime and Obi are shining examples of men of honour.
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by jason123: 5:12pm On Feb 12, 2011
excanny:

I want to believe that you have no idea of the point you are trying to put forward. 

You are worried that the monies will end up in the hands of entrepreneurs who would use it to boost economic activities? Ofcourse, that's the reason for wanting to give out the capital in the first place.

And if you are actually insinuating that all SE politicians are by default corrupt, again, I'll say you are wrong. The likes of Chime and Obi are shining examples of men of honour.
Excanny, you know kobojunkie did not mean it in that way. The point highlighted above is a lie and a joke at best. Why? Corruption has nothing to do with the SE. If GEJ gave that same money to the NC, the same thing would happen, our corrupt officials would siphon the money to their accounts, send their children abroad while leave us (the citizens) to suffer.
Likes of Chime, I really admire. I categorise him with the progressive generation but only him cannot do it.
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Feb 12, 2011
^^^ No, I meant every word I posted there. Problem is so many on here like to read their own DELUSIONS into what others post and confuse themselves into believing the other is to blame for their misconstruing the message.

excanny:

Entrepreneurs? Where did you see me type that? You will need to SHOW ME FROM MY POST where you got the above from. Cause I have no clue where you get that from.

excanny:

WOW . . . again, Where you do you get insinuating that BY DEFAULT all SE politicians are Corrupt? Please SHOW ME in my own words where you have me saying exactly that. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by excanny: 5:42pm On Feb 12, 2011
jason123:

Excanny, you know kobojunkie did not mean it in that way. The point highlighted above is a lie and a joke at best. Why? Corruption has nothing to do with the SE. If GEJ gave that same money to the NC, the same thing would happen, our corrupt officials would siphon the money to their accounts, send their children abroad while leave us (the citizens) to suffer.
Likes of Chime, I really admire. I categorise him with the progressive generation but only him cannot do it.

That's what I was saying. You are also mixing up point like kobojunkie. Article says money is staying with the BoI, to be given out to businesses operating in the SE zone as loans.

Kobojunkie:

^^^ No, I meant every word I posted there. Problem is so many on here like to read their own DELUSIONS into what others post and confuse themselves into believing the other is to blame for their misconstruing the message.

Entrepreneurs? Where did you see me type that? You will need to SHOW ME FROM MY POST where you got the above from. Cause I have no clue where you get that from.

WOW . . . again, Where you do you get insinuating that BY DEFAULT all SE politicians are Corrupt? Please SHOW ME in my own words where you have me saying exactly that. undecided undecided undecided

You posted that you were worried were those monies will end up, didn't you? Which is why I asked you if you were worried that the monies will end up in the hands of businessman who will use it to further boost economic development in the region. Is that your worry? That's where the article shows it will end up through the Bank of Industry. Except you are misconstruing the main points.
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Feb 12, 2011
excanny:

You posted that you were worried were those monies will end up, didn't you? Which is why I asked you if you were worried that the monies will end up in the hands of businessman who will use it to further boost economic development in the region. Is that your worry? That's where the article shows it will end up through the Bank of Industry. Except you are misconstruing the main points.

I suggest you read my posts on my worries cause they EXPLAIN the WHY for my concern, and the WHERE of where I suspect the money might end up if care is not taken. I am not certain why you are unable to see that . . . .

Kobojunkie:

Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by excanny: 5:57pm On Feb 12, 2011
^^^ Now I'm beginning to think that you are the one misunderstanding the whole thing in order to fit in with your DELUSIONS. How did you know the monies will end up where they are not meant for? Where did you get that from?
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Feb 12, 2011
^^^ Now I know ENGLISH is not just a problem for you but you are probably smoking something really bad . . . . [size=14pt]ROFLMAO[/size]!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Are you kidding me ROFLMAO!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by excanny: 6:08pm On Feb 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ Now I know ENGLISH is not just a problem for you but you are probably smoking something really bad . . . . [size=14pt]ROFLMAO[/size]!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Are you kidding me ROFLMAO!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy

Ol' girl. Stop rambling and tell me where you got your info on how the monies(not yet released) will go to where they are not meant for or take the correction. To hell with English.
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by FACE(m): 9:46pm On Feb 12, 2011
Obiagu1:

^^^

Do you have a date?

You having a laff right ? Who would take the 52 year old minger out on a date ? A entire date of ROFLMAOing ?
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by Obiagu1(m): 10:47pm On Feb 12, 2011
FACE:

You having a laff right ? Who would take the 52 year old minger out on a date ? A entire date of ROFLMAOing ?

lol, I was just asking her to understand her frustration.
Maybe help her find another ROFLMAO so that they will both ROFLMAO together, that will make her world complete.
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by Dreamchaser1(f): 1:24pm On Feb 14, 2011
That's my GEJ. You are supported all the way!
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by johnjoel(m): 1:33pm On Feb 14, 2011
oh oh oh ibo don suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuufer oh.why why this why this happenin to IBOs
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by totorimi: 2:30pm On Feb 14, 2011
All the things he promised none has ever come to pass. He promised to fish out the October 1, bombers uptil now that is story. Jos killings no show, PHCN same ol story, if ony GEJ can show me one capital project that has been accomplished in the 9 months in office I will give him my vote. The youths are lost in the nation, no plan for them i just wonder really.
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by movers82(m): 2:44pm On Feb 14, 2011
@kobo,your line of reasoning or will i say arguments leaves alot to be desired. Just answer a straight question puy to u and stop rigmaroling
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by andyprez(m): 3:10pm On Feb 14, 2011
We must look foolish to this guy cos I don't see anymore reason that should make them say all this crap
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by odogwux(m): 3:12pm On Feb 14, 2011
Does GEJ think we are dummies in the east. Revive the Enugu Coal Plant to improve power supply how many kilowatts can it generate abeg.
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by ddcmachine: 3:25pm On Feb 14, 2011
Another novice online called odogwu x
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by ddcmachine: 3:26pm On Feb 14, 2011
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by odogwux(m): 3:31pm On Feb 14, 2011
ddc machine:

Kindly state your point so we can learn from you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? / Buhari's Message To Elected Governors / This Is From A Foreign Journalist At The Ill-fated Buhari's Lagos Rally.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.