Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,125 members, 7,887,250 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:27 AM

Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp (1647 Views)

Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by Eziachi: 5:03am On Feb 12, 2011
Ogun State governorship candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria, Ibikunle Amosun, on Friday dumped the party which has just concluded arrangements to begin its campaign tour across the state.

Mr. Amosun’s sudden decision hit the state like thunder. His Media Aide, Bola Adeyemi revealed that he {Amosun} has defected to the Congress for Progressive Change whose presidential candidate is the former head of state, Muhammadu Buhari.

Sources said the decision to leave the party followed allegations that the party hierarchy failed to fully incorporate his supporters in the sharing formula of elective posts.

He alleged that apart from the governorship slot given him, all other elective posts were given to a faction of the party who were members of the old Action Congress (AC) that metamorphosed into Action Congress of Nigeria {ACN}.

Mr Adeyemi said that “some of the candidates presented to the Independent National Electoral Commission are unknown personalities who could not win election but were favoured by ACN leadership at the expense of credible and sellable ones.”

A source who prefers to be anonymous argued that, “they gave him only (4) four House of Assembly members, no senate or house of representatives seat and the deputy governor, Segun Adesegun was also impressed on him.

“All they want is to naked him, they don’t want him to have a say in the government, they want him to be a toothless governor,” he said.

Efforts to speak with Mr. Amosun proved abortive, and party leaders were said to be at a crucial meeting to find his replacement.
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by Eziachi: 5:10am On Feb 12, 2011
grin grin grin grin
This pure comedy. Absolutely hilarious!
I would have thought thAt he was the imposed? And this was on a party he did not know how it was formed but was given their ticket? However he was angry that he wasn't handed over the same party too for him to control?
What a silly ingrate!
I think they are lucky that he dumped them now as he would have done an Ohakim after April and I am sure he knew that he can't get away with it as Ohakim did because they surely would have impeched him if he does.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by seanet02: 5:16am On Feb 12, 2011
@eziachi, the man is a political prostitute, he is always from one party to another. He is a r.etarded monkey
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by sbeezy8: 5:21am On Feb 12, 2011
ACN needs quality candidates like fayemi fashola aregbeshola oshiomhole
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by Eziachi: 5:31am On Feb 12, 2011
I am not an expert on Ogun politics, but I think they should source candidate from Yelwa district rather than other areas like Egba/Ijebu. What do you think?
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by seanet02: 5:36am On Feb 12, 2011
We EGBAS can not afford to be out of power for 16 year, its KAYODE SOYINKA i will go for
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by fstranger3(m): 5:39am On Feb 12, 2011
Omisore is available if you guys dont mind

From Osun with love
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by seanet02: 5:47am On Feb 12, 2011
@fstranger3, Otin pa e, omisore to je apayan ni bi ti OGD, eyan buruku nie. Ofe yowa ninu frying pan ko fi sinu ina apadi. Nijo to ba tun sobe ma tika bodi sepe fun iwo ati omisore ni
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by fstranger3(m): 5:51am On Feb 12, 2011
^^^^^

[size=18pt]ROFLMAO[/size]
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by Eziachi: 6:02am On Feb 12, 2011
seanet02:

We EGBAS can not afford to be out of power for 16 year, its KAYODE SOYINKA i will go for

Of course you can. I think they may go for Ishiaq Abiodun Akinlade, I think he is from Yewa.
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by Becomrichn: 6:14am On Feb 12, 2011
f
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by dayokanu(m): 6:17am On Feb 12, 2011
Anything they do they must not allow PDP back

Didn't the CPC had a guber candidate before
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by seanet02: 6:19am On Feb 12, 2011
Akinlade is not credible
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by enyojo(f): 8:04am On Feb 12, 2011
[b]2011: Senator Ibikunle Amosun Dumps ACN, Joins CPC
| Print | E-mail
Written by Olayinka Olukoya, Abeokuta
Saturday, 12 February 2011

The governorship candidate of Action Congress of Nigieria (ACN) in Ogun State , Senator Ibikunle Amosun, on Friday dumped the party for the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC).

Speaking with Saturday Tribune, Amosun’s media Aide, Alhaji Bola Adeyemi, in a telephone interview, confirmed the development, saying that circumstances surrounding his action were beyond his control.

Adeyemi said Amosun’s defection was as a result of the hard stance of ACN leadership on some party issues.

He said, “Amosun was ‘stripped naked’ as the leadership of the party gave him only the governorship slot while all other elective posts were given to a faction of the party who were members of old Action Congress (AC) that formed ACN with a faction of ANPP where Senator Ibikunle Amosun originally belonged.”

Adeyemi said that some of the candidates presented to INEC were unknown personalities who could not win election, but were favoured by ACN leadership at the expense of credible and sellable ones.
He contended that the leadership of the party had it in mind to impeach him after six months in office.

“They gave him only four House of Assembly members, no Senate or House of Representatives seat and the deputy governor, Prince Segun Adesegun, was also imposed on him. All they want is to strip him naked, they don’t want him to have a say in the government, they want him to be a toothless governor,” he added.

Efforts to speak with the leaders of the party in Ogun State, Chief Segun Osoba and the Secretary of the party, Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso, were futile as sources close to them claimed they were attending a meeting.

Meanwhile, the leadership of the ACN in the state may replace Amosun with Honourable Ishiaq Abiodun Akinlade, a member of the House of Representatives representing Yewa South/Ipokia Federal Constituency of Ogun State.

Reacting to the development, National Publicity Secretary of the ACN, Alhaji Lai Muhammed, said it could not be true that Amosun had defected from the party.

“I don’t think it is correct, that cannot be true, the party is unaware of that,” he said.[/b]
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by enyojo(f): 8:08am On Feb 12, 2011
Amosun has finally waved Governorship Bye-Bye

He made the worst choice of his entire life!

Politics is a game of compromise. ACN gave you the highest position despite having a long lists of Gubernatorial Aspirants. They 'Imposed' you on their people, and also made 4 of your followers to be House of Assembly members. What else do you want?
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by enyojo(f): 8:10am On Feb 12, 2011
I weep for Ogun people because either Olurin the 'devil' that wrecked Ekiti state within 6 months or Isiaka the gateway hotel looter will become Governor.
I weep
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by enyojo(f): 8:12am On Feb 12, 2011
From PDP to ANPP to ACN to CPC to FIRE?

AMOSUN REPENT BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.
VAL DAY IS THE DEADLINE. RETRACE YOUR STEPS OR REGRET IT
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by Kilode1: 8:45am On Feb 12, 2011
Silly ACN selection aside, what was Amosun expecting though? a pool of his yes-mens in elective posts?

So he wants all the Assemblymen in his corner or what? why are these politicians so lazy?

If all elected politicians are loyal to you, who will challenge you when you go astray?

This is just lazy politics. . .
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by fstranger3(m): 8:52am On Feb 12, 2011
^^^

I think you are jumping the gun

We are not there yet, lets do it gradually

Yes, he needs a statehouse that gets along with him, not one antagonistic to his ideas for the sake of it

Even, in the world's biggest democracy, Obama, if given the choice, would prefer a congress with more democrats as the majority, not less

It is not lazy politics, it is the best politics for the people.
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by precision7: 9:14am On Feb 12, 2011
Of course you can. I think they may go for Ishiaq Abiodun Akinlade, I think he is from Yewa.

If d ACN ends up giving Akinlade d ticket, they might as well kiss d Governorship post goodbye. Someone who can't speak correct English neither can he speak Yoruba fluently, someone who as far as am concerned didn't sponsor any bill throughout his stay in d house of rep neither did he support any, I saw him speak just once in d House and I had 2 cover my face in shame.

2.No right thinking Politician'll buy into such an arrangement. How can you give d Gov 4 House of Assembly mems, dats sitting on a time bomb. If dis news is anything 2 go by, I guess it'll cost Amosun as much as it'll cost ACN.

3.I'm so sorry 4 dis Amosun guy, his chances of becoming a Gov is getting slimmer by d day. Moving from one party 2 d other all in d name of becomin a Gov, doesn't say well of you, four parties in d space of 4yrs, gooosh. Well, I wish him d very best, but it all depends if he's destined 2 govern Ogun cos he blew his chance when he left PDP.

4. Everything is becoming messier by d day. My prayer now is 4 God in His infinite mercy pls give us someone after His heart, some1 who'll have listening ears.

I dey watch and pray ooooooooo.
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by Kilode1: 9:57am On Feb 12, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^

I think you are jumping the gun

We are not there yet, lets do it gradually

Yes, he needs a statehouse that gets along with him, not one antagonistic to his ideas for the sake of it

Even, in the world's biggest democracy, Obama, if given the choice, would prefer a congress with more democrats as the majority, not less

It is not lazy politics, it is the best politics for the people.

Of course every politician will prefer to have their own loyal supporters in elective posts, that is the easy way out.

I will argue it's not necessarily good for the people or for democracy. no?

That your own folks did not get selected is still not a good reason to dump your party, especially when you are a beneficiary of the same selection process, (I'm not in support of the whole selection thing BTW).

At the end of the day, The needs of the people in a democracy should be paramount.

As an executive(President, governor) The power to influence and inspire even your opponents is one of the best assets you can bring to the office IMO.

Amosun does not need a state full of ready made elected officers to get his job done. At least his commissioners are his to hire and fire, right?
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by seanet02: 11:03am On Feb 12, 2011
Please give me KAYODE SOYINKA
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by bohboh275(m): 6:49pm On Jul 29, 2012
source ??
Re: Ogun Bombshell: Amosun Dumped Acn Ticket & Joined Pcp by gists: 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
bohboh275: source ??
Bros pls look at the date. These was discussed waaaaayyyy back in feb 2011 b4 d elections, this July 2012. Its well over a yr

(1) (Reply)

N4.5trn Contract: 'single Window Firm Belongs To Former Cg Of Customs / Gowon Tasks Nigerians To Evolve National Language / President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.