Stats: 3,171,714 members, 7,882,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:15 AM

Men Caught-up In Ikeja Traffic Arrested & Crammed Into Cell For Breaking Curfew - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Men Caught-up In Ikeja Traffic Arrested & Crammed Into Cell For Breaking Curfew (570 Views)

Robbers That Specialize In Stealing Cars In Lagos Traffic Arrested (Photos) / Lukman Bello: Lawyer Stripped Of His Clothes And Thrown Into Cell / Two Gay Men Caught Making Love At Cemetery In Kano (2) (3) (4)

Men Caught-up In Ikeja Traffic Arrested & Crammed Into Cell For Breaking Curfew by StagethemTVee: 6:36am On Aug 06, 2020
A group of men were crammed into a cell by police at Ikeja for breaking curfew despite knowing they were held in heavy traffic on ikorodu road. The men claim they were in the traffic for over 5 hours and the arresting officers were privy to the situation.

One of the men also claims his car was bashed by the policemen. A police woman is seen in the video shoving and struggling with the men in the cell. No form of social distancing was observed as well over 10 men are seen crammed into a narrow space without ventilation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_scgQPhyJ0A

lalasticlala
mynd44
Re: Men Caught-up In Ikeja Traffic Arrested & Crammed Into Cell For Breaking Curfew by Peace666: 6:38am On Aug 06, 2020
I won't blame the task force people. They were given strict instructions and they must heed to them.

How did i know? 3 days ago i faced same situation and was locked up cuz i was held up in a very heavy traffic jam.

Thank God for papa Chekube. He came and bailed me out after intense negotiation. And was told they are only acting on instructions.

But the traffic can be crazy and worst is, its unavoidable. Life no balance.

Re: Men Caught-up In Ikeja Traffic Arrested & Crammed Into Cell For Breaking Curfew by majamajic(m): 6:43am On Aug 06, 2020
Car owners are the ones suffering from this curfew stuff ,

Police are just cashing out since this 2020
Re: Men Caught-up In Ikeja Traffic Arrested & Crammed Into Cell For Breaking Curfew by ArcFresky(m): 6:44am On Aug 06, 2020
All they need is money...

I really don't get the essence of curfew.

Is it to prevent the spread of virus or to control people ans make their life's hell?

After person don hustle morning till evening, u impose curfew at Night?

This is debasing and Nigerians too meek and malleable will just take it like that.

E pele oohh, smart people..
Re: Men Caught-up In Ikeja Traffic Arrested & Crammed Into Cell For Breaking Curfew by backnbeta(f): 7:21am On Aug 06, 2020
Peace666:
I won't blame the task force people. [/b]They were given strict instructions and they must heed to them.

How did i know? 3 days ago i faced same situation and was locked up cuz i was held up in a very heavy traffic jam.

Thank God for papa Chekube. He came and bailed me out after intense negotiation. And was told they are only acting on instructions.

[b]But the traffic can be crazy and worst is, its unavoidable.
Life no balance.
You won't blame the task force people for arresting people unavoidably held in traffic?

I blame them for not using their brains, for being inconsiderate and insensitive! They are not only exposing the commuters they arrest, they are also exposing themselves to the virus. Our leaders are just an insensitive bunch because the curfew is unnecessary, what they should care about is the crowded markets, motor parks and other public places where no one observed social distance and no masks undecided

Re: Men Caught-up In Ikeja Traffic Arrested & Crammed Into Cell For Breaking Curfew by Peace666: 8:04am On Aug 06, 2020
backnbeta:

You won't blame the task force people for arresting people unavoidably held in traffic?

I blame them for not using their brains, for being inconsiderate and insensitive! They are not only exposing the commuters they arrest, they are also exposing themselves to the virus. Our leaders are just an insensitive bunch because the curfew is unnecessary, what they should care about is the crowded markets, motor parks and other public places where no one observed social distance and no masks undecided

You made a valid point.

Re: Men Caught-up In Ikeja Traffic Arrested & Crammed Into Cell For Breaking Curfew by armadeo(m): 9:04am On Aug 06, 2020
Peace666:

You made a valid point.

Traffic oh. Its traffic. Nothing else.

They were caught in traffic.

Imagine leaving your place of work at 5 pm. And get arrested at10 due to traffic. Haba
Re: Men Caught-up In Ikeja Traffic Arrested & Crammed Into Cell For Breaking Curfew by dederocs(m): 10:45am On Aug 06, 2020
Peace666:
I won't blame the task force people. They were given strict instructions and they must heed to them.

But the traffic can be crazy and worst is, its unavoidable. Life no balance.
You are a zombie, people like you are the problem of Nigeria, idiot.

Tear Gas, Shops Vandalised, Cars Set On Fire As PSG Fans Clash With Police / #EndSARS, Now An Official Name On Wikipedia / Abakaliki Police Station On Fire