Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,560 members, 7,885,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 07:27 AM

Edo PDP House Of Assembly Candidate Condemns the crisis rocking the st - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo PDP House Of Assembly Candidate Condemns the crisis rocking the st (757 Views)

Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) / Joju Fayose, Lere Olayinka Win PDP House Of Reps Tickets In Ekiti / Wadume With PDP House Of Representatives Member During His Inauguration In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo PDP House Of Assembly Candidate Condemns the crisis rocking the st by aguele(m): 6:49am On Aug 07, 2020
Edo PDP House Of Assembly Candidate condemns the crisis rocking the state house of assembly

The candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for Oredo West Constituency into the state house of assembly, Eghosa Agbonifo has condemned the crisis rocking the state house of assembly when some lawmakers purportedly resumed sittings and claimed to have impeached the Speaker, Rt Hon Frank Okiye in an undisclosed location and thereafter claimed to have elected Hon Victor Edoror as the new Speaker.
In a statement issued in Benin City yesterday, Agbonifo said the lawmakers who claimed to have met do not have such powers since their seats have been declared vacant because they refused to resume sitting since the inauguration of the house in June last year. He therefore described their action as illegal.
Agbonifo said lawmakers have failed to resume sitting and their seats declared vacant, the runners-up in their election in 2019 ought to have been sworn.
“As far as I am concerned, what they did is not known to law. It is illegal and unconstitutional. We are talking of people who were never sworn in because they on their own decided to stay away from sittings and their seats were declared vacant.
“For instance my constituency, Oredo West has not been represented in the house since it was inaugurated and since their seats were declared, I as the first runner-up in the election ought to have been declared the winner and sworn-in. My demand is that I and others should be sworn in to complete the house.
“Their purported sitting and impeachment of the Speaker and their purported election of a new speaker is of no effect.
“I call on security agencies to ensure there s peace because their action can spark crisis in the state because the state is preparing for a governorship election with imminent victory for the PDP and Governor Godwin Obaseki”
Re: Edo PDP House Of Assembly Candidate Condemns the crisis rocking the st by Golan007: 7:15am On Aug 07, 2020
Another criminal speaking.

Where in the world would people purchase expression of interest forms, print fliers and associated articles, campaign vigorously, only to refuse to resume work after winning?

Criminal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo PDP House Of Assembly Candidate Condemns the crisis rocking the st by Adayi1(m): 7:19am On Aug 07, 2020
This one want to be assembly member thru back door
Re: Edo PDP House Of Assembly Candidate Condemns the crisis rocking the st by ozento: 7:23am On Aug 07, 2020
you ve my support bro. anything to send Oshio to the village is highly welcome.

1 Like

Re: Edo PDP House Of Assembly Candidate Condemns the crisis rocking the st by Oracleforce: 7:27am On Aug 07, 2020
Adayi1:
This one want to be assembly member thru back door

Politics is a game of numbers....once he has the required number, he has the speaker of assembly position...and 17 members of assembly is large enough to form a quorum...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo PDP House Of Assembly Candidate Condemns the crisis rocking the st by playerinc(m): 9:08am On Aug 07, 2020
Golan007:
Another criminal speaking.

Where in the world would people purchase expression of interest forms, print fliers and associated articles, campaign vigorously, only to refuse to resume work after winning?

Criminal.

But that is exactly what happened. These people are not lawmakers, they are only lawmakers-elect till they are sworn in with the constitutional due process. These rougues left the state and went to stay in Abuja with Oshiomole since last year.

1 Like

Re: Edo PDP House Of Assembly Candidate Condemns the crisis rocking the st by Golan007: 9:17am On Aug 07, 2020
playerinc:

But that is exactly what happened. These people are not lawmakers, they are only lawmakers-elect till they are sworn in with the constitutional due process. These rougues left the state and went to stay in Abuja with Oshiomole since last year.

Tell that to the marines.
Re: Edo PDP House Of Assembly Candidate Condemns the crisis rocking the st by playerinc(m): 10:20am On Aug 07, 2020
Golan007:

Tell that to the marines.

I'll rather tell you so you can stop talking from the position of ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Edo PDP House Of Assembly Candidate Condemns the crisis rocking the st by Golan007: 10:25am On Aug 07, 2020
playerinc:

I'll rather tell you so you can stop talking from the position of ignorance.

I've told you to tell that to the marines.

Justice has been done.
Re: Edo PDP House Of Assembly Candidate Condemns the crisis rocking the st by adekolaelect(m): 10:50am On Aug 07, 2020
ozento:
you ve my support bro. anything to send Oshio to the village is highly welcome.
you are better to take caution before you send yourself to the journey of no return simply because of your hate for a single person.

(1) (Reply)

What If War Breaks Out, What Will You Do? / Edo Election. I'm In Severe Pains. / Within An Interval Of 3 Years F-SARS Had Been Banned 3 Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.