Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,519 members, 7,888,649 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 12:09 PM

Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic (2851 Views)

Goodbye Nigeria, Welcome Oduduwa Republic, - Femi Fani-kayode / Goodbye Nigeria, Welcome Oduduwa Republic, By Femi Fani-kayode / Obj: I No De Laugh Again Oh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by TewMuch: 4:33am On Feb 13, 2011
Why Nigeria’s unity is still fragile — Obasanjo
By MIKE ODIEGWU 
Sunday, 13 Feb 2011 

Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo
The former President of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, has raised the alarm that the unity of Nigeria remained fragile blaming the development on those he called “priests and barons of division.”

He said it was shameful that those promoting disunity and fanning embers of discord in the country had benefitted immensely from all privileges obtainable in Nigeria.

Obasanjo spoke in Minna, Niger State, on Saturday during the second term campaign inauguration of the Governor of the state, Dr. Babangida Aliyu, which was organised by the state Peoples Democratic Party.

President Goodluck Jonathan and his deputy, Namadi Sambo, were represented at the event by the Minister of Information, Mr Labaran Maku, in the event which attracted many dignitaries such as the Governors of Kwara, Dr. Bukola Saraki; Kaduna, Patrick Yakowa; and Zamfara states, Alhaji Mamud Shinkafi.

The inauguration, which was witnessed by hordes of party supporters at the Trade Fair Complex, had in attendance some elder statesmen such as the former Vice-President, Chief Alex Ekwueme, Ambassador Maitama Sule and Chief Ebenezer Babatope.

Former dictator, General Ibrahim Babangida, (retd.) who was supposed to be the chief host, however, sent his son, Mohammed, to represent him.

Obasanjo said instead of leveraging on their educational and privileged backgrounds to inform the less privileged on importance of peace and tranquility in the country, some politicians had continuously promoted divisive tendencies for their selfish interests.

He said, “I feel a little bit apprehensive because those of us who have enjoyed the greatest benefits in this country; the best that this country can give to us in terms of education, training, appointment and election; should be the ones to tell, educate and inform our less privileged brothers and sisters.

“But what are we doing? Some of us who have enjoyed all these privileges have now become priests and barons of division either on ethnic, religious, geographical or linguistic basis.

“What a shame! I believe that all of us, who got their feet in that special position of having education having benefited from all that this country can give to us in appointments, should do everything to enhance the unity, tranquility and the solidarity of this country.”

Obasanjo added that nobody should blame God if Nigeria failed as a country noting that nature had put Nigeria on the pathway of greatness.

He said he was better off in the Republic of Nigeria than he would have been in the Republic of Oduduwa insisting that unity and tolerance were the only fabric binding the country together.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110213352417
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by Afam4eva(m): 4:41am On Feb 13, 2011
Why won't you be better in Nigeria than in Oduduwa republic when there's more money to loot.
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by seanet02: 4:47am On Feb 13, 2011
Obj is a mad. Man. He will soon be demystified by TINUBU.
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by jason123: 4:55am On Feb 13, 2011
seanet02:

Obj is a mad. Man. He will soon be demystified by TINUBU.

Both OBJ AND TINUBU are mad men. It not just OBJ! The SW needs a sort of political cleansing to let the likes of Fashola rise up.
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by proflynks1(m): 5:02am On Feb 13, 2011
cheesy grin grin smiley shocked tongue wink
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by ekubear1: 5:03am On Feb 13, 2011
Cannot disagree with his statement. He would be an outcast in Oduduwa Republic. Yet was able to achieve great heights in Nigeria.

However, his statement is a bit selfish, since it only looks at things from his perspective. Not that of either Nigeria or an Oduduwa nation.
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by fstranger3(m): 5:12am On Feb 13, 2011
OBJ is really stewpid
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 5:16am On Feb 13, 2011
This post has been hidden
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by seanet02: 5:26am On Feb 13, 2011
@jason, you dont understand the role of TINUBU in promoting the welfare of the YORUBAS after the 2007 despite the high rate of harassement and victimization from obj. It took a lot of determination for TINUBU to rally round the progressive forces in the south west to launch an onslaught against objs mal treatment of YORUBA leadership. If TINUBU has joined poverty development party in 2003 after the general elections like obj wanted him to do, there will not have been any chance for the likes of Fashola and co to make any impact under an inept party like poverty development party. He stood by the likes of Osoba, Niyi Adebayo, Lam Adesina and Adefarati (of blessed memory) who were all rigged out of the elections of 2003 by obj and were being persecuted by their respective state incumbent governors when he have the chance to join obj at the mainstream but he rejected it. If this man has been what you are calling him why does he always goes for Progress Minded politicians like Fashola, Oshiomole and Aregbesola.
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by Chyz2: 5:30am On Feb 13, 2011
TewMuch:

Why Nigeria’s unity is still fragile — Obasanjo
By MIKE ODIEGWU 
Sunday, 13 Feb 2011 

Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo
The former President of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, has raised the alarm that the unity of Nigeria remained fragile blaming the development on those he called “priests and barons of division.”

He said it was shameful that those promoting disunity and fanning embers of discord in the country had benefitted immensely from all privileges obtainable in Nigeria.

Obasanjo spoke in Minna, Niger State, on Saturday during the second term campaign inauguration of the Governor of the state, Dr. Babangida Aliyu, which was organised by the state Peoples Democratic Party.

President Goodluck Jonathan and his deputy, Namadi Sambo, were represented at the event by the Minister of Information, Mr Labaran Maku, in the event which attracted many dignitaries such as the Governors of Kwara, Dr. Bukola Saraki; Kaduna, Patrick Yakowa; and Zamfara states, Alhaji Mamud Shinkafi.

The inauguration, which was witnessed by hordes of party supporters at the Trade Fair Complex, had in attendance some elder statesmen such as the former Vice-President, Chief Alex Ekwueme, Ambassador Maitama Sule and Chief Ebenezer Babatope.

Former dictator, General Ibrahim Babangida, (retd.) who was supposed to be the chief host, however, sent his son, Mohammed, to represent him.

Obasanjo said instead of leveraging on their educational and privileged backgrounds to inform the less privileged on importance of peace and tranquility in the country, some politicians had continuously promoted divisive tendencies for their selfish interests.

He said, “I feel a little bit apprehensive because those of us who have enjoyed the greatest benefits in this country; the best that this country can give to us in terms of education, training, appointment and election; should be the ones to tell, educate and inform our less privileged brothers and sisters.

“But what are we doing? Some of us who have enjoyed all these privileges have now become priests and barons of division either on ethnic, religious, geographical or linguistic basis.

“What a shame! I believe that all of us, who got their feet in that special position of having education having benefited from all that this country can give to us in appointments, should do everything to enhance the unity, tranquility and the solidarity of this country.”

Obasanjo added that nobody should blame God if Nigeria failed as a country noting that nature had put Nigeria on the pathway of greatness.

He said he was better off in the Republic of Nigeria than he would have been in the Republic of Oduduwa insisting that unity and tolerance were the only fabric binding the country together.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110213352417

Gbam! cheesy
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by Chyz2: 5:32am On Feb 13, 2011
jason123:

Both OBJ AND TINUBU are mad men. It not just OBJ! The SW needs a sort of political cleansing to let the likes of Fashola rise up.

Weren't you the one that called Tinubu the "Yoruba leader"? OBJ and Tinubu is not the problem. We, the people within nigeria(citizens) are the problem. All we do is pray and complain.
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by TewMuch: 5:34am On Feb 13, 2011
He is right thoough, in Oduduwa:
1) He would have been a retired Officer or General ONLY
2) Would never have the wealth he has now.
3) If he tried what he has in Nigeria he would have been executed or been sitting in jail for a very long time.

OBJ is protected by the Nigerian entity. He has "other's" to run to when he gets into trouble. In Oduduwa he would face heavy consequences. Should Nigeria break, those consequences as he knows will still be pending. He would be the first person people will turn on. FACT.
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 5:37am On Feb 13, 2011

true nah.
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by Kilode1: 5:51am On Feb 13, 2011
Actually, OBJ is very right, he's better off in Nigeria. . .

In Odu'a, they force useless rulers and kings to take poison and commit Harakiri.
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by Onlytruth(m): 6:06am On Feb 13, 2011
Why won't he be better off in Nigeria? Which Nigerian has enjoyed his "luck"?
Problem with the man is that he sees the world as a PERSONAL zero sum game where everything must be gained or lost by Obasanjo.

I suspect an oduduwa republic will never accommodate folks like him.
Meanwhile Nigerian press love him. . grin

Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by Obiagu1(m): 6:13am On Feb 13, 2011
TewMuch:

He is right thoough, in Oduduwa:
1) He would have been a retired Officer or General ONLY
2) Would never have the wealth he has now.
3) If he tried what he has in Nigeria he would have been executed or been sitting in jail for a very long time.

OBJ is protected by the Nigerian entity. He has "other's" to run to when he gets into trouble. In Oduduwa he would face heavy consequences. Should Nigeria break, those consequences as he knows will still be pending. He would be the first person people will turn on. FACT.

The bolded is one of the reasons Nigeria cannot make any progress. The Nigeria factor is a serious issue.
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 13, 2011
given the fact that an alarming number of nigerians are in fact mixed with different tribes, what's really so offensive about his statement.

i said alarming because you'd never know, going by most nigerians' state of mind.
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by fstranger3(m): 6:55am On Feb 13, 2011
^^^^

Perception is not reality?

Until you conduct a credible census/ research, your assertion above is nothing but the mere rant of someone who has lost touch with realities on ground
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 13, 2011
is that so.
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by komando7(m): 7:22am On Feb 13, 2011
I wonder what Becomerich will have top say in reaction to this.
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by EzeUche2(m): 7:30am On Feb 13, 2011
OBJ is truly the Yoruba's worst enemy. That man does not like seeing other Yorubas challenging his position. That is one thing I like about the man. He does something neither the Hausa or Igbo can do. If I was a Yoruba, I would despise this man like no other.
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by Abagworo(m): 7:51am On Feb 13, 2011
OBJ is being truthful.A big diverse country is much better than a small mono-ethnic country.
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by 1025: 11:16am On Feb 13, 2011
obj is right and i will be right if i say that nigeria would have been better without him.
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by excanny: 11:27am On Feb 13, 2011
An Odua republic would have been doom's land. With all the political killing and rascality prevalent in SW politics.

Obusanjo was right on this one.
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by fstranger3(m): 11:29am On Feb 13, 2011
excanny:

An Odua republic would have been doom's land. With all the political killing and rascality prevalent in SW politics.

Obusanjo was right on this one.

And what would have made it different from a Republic of Biafra?
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by excanny: 11:43am On Feb 13, 2011
fstranger3:

And what would have made it different from a Republic of Biafra?

No do or die politics. No AG crises.
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by Becomrichn: 11:49am On Feb 13, 2011
gf
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by fstranger3(m): 11:58am On Feb 13, 2011
Becomrichn:

the unity of nigeria to the cost of human life. the truth , the PDP does not know nigerian abroad can drag them to the international court and have all of thier family ban from travelling from Nigeria.

Engr. Adesegun Musiwa, na you biko

How are you going to do that?
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by Becomrichn: 12:01pm On Feb 13, 2011
f
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by fstranger3(m): 12:04pm On Feb 13, 2011
Becomrichn:

I am not saying I am, anyone can go to the international court and all PDP members and even Obasanjo and Jonathan children and wife all of them would not be able to travel.

BTW, I have taken your name off the Egbe Omo oduduwa page for the second time

Dont go and change it ok?
If you tamper with it again, I will report you to Interpol and Jeff Bezos
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by Becomrichn: 12:06pm On Feb 13, 2011
f
Re: Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic by fstranger3(m): 12:11pm On Feb 13, 2011
^^^

DOnt change the egbe Omo oduduwa page on wiki ok?

Dont put your name there ok

Check, I took off your name

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egbe_Omo_Oduduwa

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aregbesola Needs More Prayers –pdp / Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? / Nigerians, Do U Want Nigeria Split Into Two Halfs Or United??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.