Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,748 members, 7,875,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:56 PM

Is Justice Ayo Salami A Rare Gem Or Does He Have Ulterior Motives? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Justice Ayo Salami A Rare Gem Or Does He Have Ulterior Motives? (886 Views)

Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) / Another Fallen Hero:Lt Salami,A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram 4-days Ago(Pictured / Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Justice Ayo Salami A Rare Gem Or Does He Have Ulterior Motives? by Onlytruth(m): 7:04am On Feb 13, 2011
I could not get this issue out of my mind. President of the federal court of appeals, Justice Ayo Salami, not only turned down what is supposed to be a promotion to the Supreme Court of Nigeria, but actually went to court to reject the promotion in strongest terms.

That got me thinking.

I always believe that when an honest Nigerian shows up for duty, we may not recognize him/her until it is too late.

Is the good judge really as honest as I hope, or is he part of what I suspect is a sinister plot to pervert justice?

Methinks that someone is trying to remove him from that strategic position. He on the other hand, is resisting for either professional or dubious reasons, because he may ( undecided) also be hoping to be "settled" by politicians contesting the results of the April poll.

I don't know what to think. One thing is clear enough for me; the chief justice of the supreme court of Nigeria should not have elevated a man without first seeking his consent. Abi na by force again?

We Nigerians seem too distracted to notice when someone actually steals the entire foundation of the country.

I know we've passed too many shock stages, but believe me a lot can still go worse. I don talk my own.  cool
Re: Is Justice Ayo Salami A Rare Gem Or Does He Have Ulterior Motives? by fstranger3(m): 7:06am On Feb 13, 2011
^^^^

To you since he is Yoruba, he has ulterior motives.

Isnt that what you want to hear?

No go suck on Ezeuche's dyyck
Re: Is Justice Ayo Salami A Rare Gem Or Does He Have Ulterior Motives? by Onlytruth(m): 7:09am On Feb 13, 2011
Posted by: fstranger3

^^^^

To you since he is Yoruba, he has ulterior motives.

Isnt that what you want to hear?

No go suck on Ezeuche's dyyck

Apparently you've not been on this forum long enough to know me well. You think everything must be tribal.

My hunch is that the man is an honest man. I could be wrong though. I want to believe that he is one of those rare gems who are above corruption. Knowing how Nigeria is though, I can't bet my live on that.

I started this thread to try to figure him out.
Re: Is Justice Ayo Salami A Rare Gem Or Does He Have Ulterior Motives? by Tsiya(m): 1:13pm On Feb 13, 2011
The problem is with our system.

In a real sense moving the guy from Appeal Court to Supreme Court is not a promotion but a demotion. Unless the guy is sure of becoming the CJN before retiring. If he is just going to be an ordinary supreme court judge, then it is a demotion. They it is better to be the big fish in a small pond than to be a small fish in a bigger pond

Moreover, we are so used to things done in a wrong way such that when somebody decide to do something right it sound offensive to majority of us.
Re: Is Justice Ayo Salami A Rare Gem Or Does He Have Ulterior Motives? by Becomrichn: 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2011
f
Re: Is Justice Ayo Salami A Rare Gem Or Does He Have Ulterior Motives? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 13, 2011
Rare gem indeed. The man is just a rabble rouser who desperately wants to remain in the Appeal Court obviously for pecuniary and self-aggrandizing reasons (I strongly suspect). We have heard how 'close' the man is to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, and that pretty much explains everything. If he was truly a conscientious person with honest motives, he would not create such a media sensation out of his reluctance to relinquish his current position.
Re: Is Justice Ayo Salami A Rare Gem Or Does He Have Ulterior Motives? by pingpong1: 2:55pm On Feb 13, 2011
How do we know he is a RARE gem when there are no GEMs in Nigeria?
Re: Is Justice Ayo Salami A Rare Gem Or Does He Have Ulterior Motives? by Becomrichn: 3:08pm On Feb 13, 2011
f
Re: Is Justice Ayo Salami A Rare Gem Or Does He Have Ulterior Motives? by olaolabiy: 3:09pm On Feb 13, 2011
ping pong:

How do we know he is a RARE gem when there are no GEMs in Nigeria?

Luv dis. grin grin
Re: Is Justice Ayo Salami A Rare Gem Or Does He Have Ulterior Motives? by ddcmachine: 3:53pm On Feb 13, 2011
With time we shall know his motives except he do things and live in isolation
Re: Is Justice Ayo Salami A Rare Gem Or Does He Have Ulterior Motives? by violent(m): 4:10pm On Feb 13, 2011
A rare gem in my own opinion.
Re: Is Justice Ayo Salami A Rare Gem Or Does He Have Ulterior Motives? by revomind(m): 6:23pm On Feb 13, 2011
I don't know if he is a 'rare gem' or not. What I know for sure is that seeking to elevate him to the supreme court without his consent is actually a demotion and is a sinister move. As President of the Appeal Court, Salami has nominated other Justices of the Court of Appeal to the Supreme Court. Accepting the Chief Justice's nomination would make him junior to men he has nominated to the Supreme Court. What's more, this move is entirely unprecendented. We have seen so many brilliant judges who retired as appeal court judges. It should be a matter of consent.

Now the Chief Justice's move as sinister as it appears may actually be a response to another sinister plan in the appeal court as there have been rumours of Salami being close to Tinubu as to influence the appeal court verdicts in some south-west states. Who knows? Again, to be fair to Salami and the appeal court, out of over a hundred election petitions, only 5 were decided against the pdp with only two going to the AC so I rly don't know man,

I nevertheless think that if the Chief Justice had any dignity as his position demands, he should have resigned upon the allegations levelled against him, Being a lawyer, I hid my head in shame when I saw the allegations, Damn.

(1) (Reply)

Mrs Fashola @ Home For The Elderly. Pics: / Edwin Clark Praises Awolowo / The Crimes Of Buhari - Wole Soyinka.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.